Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Perfectly healthy middle aged person no underlying conditions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 347

Perfectly healthy middle aged person no underlying conditions

Aug 18, 2020, 1:00 PM

Dies of coronavirus. *shows picture* person is 80 lbs overweight. I’ve seen this twenty five times at least through the pandemic

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know, being simply fat was never seen as a direct

Aug 18, 2020, 1:09 PM

problem. It always is associated with some other manageable problem. Well, covid just nails people for being perfectly "healthy" and "only" fat.

Again, our diet sucks in the US. Take a look at Greece with covid. They have some of the best food on Earth, and it's all healthy. They live to be 90, and old people look decades younger than their actual age. And the cheapest food is the worst for you. We subsidize it to the tune of billions. Today in the US, the poorest people eat some of the least healthy food. Food that at one time would have been impossible for a king to acquire, is now cheap, and food peasants used to eat is now expensive and eaten by the rich.

The "fat cat" is no longer a rich guy, but a poor one. It used to be the wealthy who could afford processed foods and sugars.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You know, being simply fat was never seen as a direct

Aug 18, 2020, 1:19 PM

It also takes time to prepare food. Most people don't want to spend that time. They'd rather go through the Drive-Thru at McDs and feed their family processed crap.

You can eat very healthy for an affordable amount of money. It just takes time to do the prep work.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You know, being simply fat was never seen as a direct

Aug 18, 2020, 2:10 PM [ in reply to You know, being simply fat was never seen as a direct ]

I could see being fat and the complications which it causes might be a factor in how many American have died. I think many of the people with potential hypertension and remember a doctor saying he always thought controlled hypertension wouldn't be an issue with covid then his comment became worrisome to us in that situation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being overweight, and especially obese, is a major risk

Aug 18, 2020, 2:23 PM

factor, even if you have no associated conditions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 347
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic