Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You know, I think maybe old Dabo is a marketing genius.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

You know, I think maybe old Dabo is a marketing genius.

Dec 6, 2019, 10:37 AM

“There’s no such thing as bad publicity" ... P.T. Barnum

“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about” ... Oscar Wilde

You know, maybe Dabo is a lot smarter than most people think. Either he’s like Forrest Gump, and just sorta stumbles through life... and some how, some way, everything comes up roses. Or he is so shrewd that he outsmarts us all. He’s playing 3-D chess and we’re all playing Connect 4.

Think about it. Who has been in the news all week? Dabo and Clemson. Every sports show on TV... ESPN, Fox Sports, SECN, ACCN, you name it. First Take with Screamin A Smith and Max Yellerman. Get Up! with Greenberg & crew. College Football Live, etc, etc. ####, Finebaum has 4 hours every day. Also, all of the sports radio shows... ESPN Radio, Golic & Wingo, whatever... all over the country. Toss in all the podcasts & newspapers... Dabo and lil ol Clemson has dominated the college football world.

How much does it cost for a 30 second commercial on any those shows? LOL. And what is the value of an entire 10 to 15 minute segment dedicated to just one team... on ALL OF THOSE SHOWS? Think about it. From NY to Calif and everywhere in between... people are talking about Dabo and lil ol Clemson. Nonstop. They’re eatin it up, and not with a spoon, with a freakin shovel. Can’t get enough.

That’s a lot of free pub, my friends. And he is not alienating anybody that matters. The people who don’t like him already, will continue to dislike him. It’s not possible to win them over. SCAR fans, the SEC who hates that Clemson has crashed their party lately, or people who are uncomfortable with how he wears his faith on his sleeve. Whatever. But that’s a small minority.

The overwhelming majority of people nationwide love them some Dabo. A breath of fresh air. The down home, old school, folksy, spiritual, rags-to-riches country boy with his cute and sometimes corny Daboisms. All of those robotic, sound-alike coaches who walk up to the podium every week spouting the usual “coach speak”... yeah, they’re boring as ####. Nobody cares what they say. Stick a microphone in front Dabo, and he’s fiery and emotional. And people are eating it up. With a shovel.

I don’t know, man… maybe Dabo is a freakin marketing genius.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

well Clemson was not being talked about at all

Dec 6, 2019, 10:42 AM

for many weeks before this

Dabo got his wish

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Think about it, outside of this little feud with Finebaum and

Dec 6, 2019, 11:04 AM

the whole "disrespect narrative"... the Clemson/UVA matchup this week doesn't even move the needle. We wouldn't even be mentioned at all. An afterthought, totally overshadowed by all the other games... the SEC & Big championships, Utah/Oregon, Ok/Baylor. Instead, we stole all their thunder...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be truthful

Dec 6, 2019, 6:12 PM

our match up this week is nothing to write home about. If Vegas is right, it’ll be a snore fest. Quite frankly I hope it is....I hope we score a hundred

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: You know, I think maybe old Dabo is a marketing genius.

Dec 6, 2019, 11:06 AM

He is. Driving the ROY bus...still.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like freakin' Mario Andretti, too. Legendary.

Dec 6, 2019, 11:49 AM

In 40 years, Joe21 and all of us will be kicked back and we will be TEARY EYED talking about RIGHT NOW - the Clemson Football we are LIVING RIGHT NOW.

It is an incredible pleasure to be able to witness this from the front row !!!

I have no idea how to completely soak it all in & just be in the moment BUT I am giving it my very best effort.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Dec 6, 2019, 11:07 AM

Da'Man is smart with a capital S. He is a CEO and leads a successful organization.

Dec 6, 2019, 11:15 AM

Absolutely! It's been evident since the "Carolina is in Chapel Hill" days.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 7, 2019, 7:27 AM

That was such a brilliant rant, thanks for reminding me!

Dabo is a businessman. He might act goofy but he’s smart

Dec 6, 2019, 11:24 AM

He was very successful in sales, say what you will about salesmen but the great ones are special.

He gets it, he probably never imagined his brand would blow up to this level but some of the stuff he has said has been prophetic.

He learned at a young age the only thing we can control sometimes is our attitude. He’s a special guy, I try and practice his principles in my professional and personal life.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Dark Side..really good, sound, truthful & appreciated post

Dec 6, 2019, 11:31 AM

Go DabO-led TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BINGO***

Dec 6, 2019, 11:31 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2019, 11:44 AM

Have you been living under a rock? Are you a coot? Maybe Dabo is smarter than people think? Do you really think this success has just happened? Do you not understand the amount of deep thought, planning and organization that has been involved? Based on your comments Dabo is smarter than you could ever dream of being. What an ignorant post.

Uhmmmmmmm . . . .

Dec 6, 2019, 11:53 AM

a lot of this post was presumably tongue-in-cheek, rhetorical, sarcastic . . . .

hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

oh my... sounds like I'm gonna get beat up at recess.***

Dec 6, 2019, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: You know, I think maybe old Dabo is a marketing genius. ]

Bless your heart !!!

Dec 6, 2019, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: You know, I think maybe old Dabo is a marketing genius. ]

Lighten-up Francis !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I knew he was a marketing genius when he said "all-in"

Dec 6, 2019, 12:10 PM

The very first day.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Said very well!

Dec 6, 2019, 12:13 PM

uof6c fans don't like Dabo simply because he's at Clemson...

Dec 6, 2019, 12:31 PM

That is the entire basis for their vitriol.

However, they would knowingly, willingly and gladly sacrifice their first born and a testic!e if they could get him or one exactly like him down there.

They absolutely hated Spurrier too until he started coaching for them. Their acrimony, bitterness and contempt immediately turned to worship, devotion, and adoration.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 7, 2019, 1:39 AM

The team earned it- not that Dabo doesn't deserve credit- but if we were 9-3 none of it would make the news. Dabo might be a marketing genius but talent and success trumps hype.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic