Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You know, I feel sorry for Obama.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

You know, I feel sorry for Obama.

Nov 8, 2013, 12:21 PM

The real people at fault here are the libs in Congress, and Nancy Pelosi in particular. Obana didn't design Obamacare, yet it has his name. It was crafted by a bunch of liberal think tanks and dems in Congress. They drafted a bunch of garbage, that collectively, was the realization of their decades-long wet dream of health care for the poor. They pranced around telling us we would all have insurance. Preexisting conditions would not be an issue. 26 year old "children" could now get coverage. The poor could get subsidized plans that they could afford, with all the new mandates included in the policies as well.

And as usual, liberals crafted legislation with their hearts and forgot their brains entirely. They didnt have a clue that if you offer a poor person a plan for $300 a month instead of $900 a month, they're still not going to take it. And from there the miscalculations snowballed. The poor who are refusing Obamacare plans that they have to pay for are enrolling in Medicaid, yet the dems who crafted this thought Medicaid would lose recipients. Quite the opposite is happening. Meanwhile ,the responsible people are footing the bill for 26-year old children and people who decide to get a policy after they're diagnosed with some expensive condition. And all the while there is Obama, sitting and anxiously waiting to sign whatever they can carry to his desk with a forklift. He, in all his gullible idealism and naivete, just knew that this would cement his legacy as one of our greatest Presidents....evar!

None of these clowns entrusted with our labor and hard work have the slightest clue about consequences. The only consequences they know about or care about are political consequences, and those are purely reactive. They haven't a clue about the consequences of their legislation on the average American. They know EXACTLY how many votes it will buy. "Say this and people will vote for you. Then make it happen somehow". That's the way our Congress works.

And here is Obama, the titular head of everything. The smiling face of progress. Eloquent, persuasive, yet dangerously naive, weak, and malleable. He's also a lame duck that was totally used by Nancy Pelosi and the left wing of his party, although he gladly shoulders the burden. The teeth of Obamacare were postponed so Obama could win in 2012. Now that millions are losing coverage, Obama is facing something he didn't count on. So he is told to go and lie about the lie and explain that he didn't say what he said, but said something else. Instant tracking polls obviously showed that was a disaster, so he is then told to apologize. That isn't a leader, that's someone taking orders.

Meanwhile our economy is stuck in neutral. There is no "recovery". We're funding a stock market bubble with monopoly money, we have an ever growing debt problem, and we've managed to #### off France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Israel, and Saudi Arabia. The only country on Earth warming up to us right now is Iran, and that's all a charade. We have the IRS targeting conservative groups, wiretaps of the press, the phone records of every AMERICAN Verizon customer, a fiasco in Libya covered up with lies and non-disclosure orders, and now a dysfunctional healthcare website to compliment a dysfunctional law passed by a dysfunctional Congress.

I guess after all of this I don't feel sorry for Obama after all. I guess I'm more like Billy Graham. I feel sorry for everybody, especially my son who doesn't have a clue about the mess he will inherit and have to deal with.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great. More affordability on the way

Nov 8, 2013, 12:43 PM

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/08/21366585-us-to-require-insurers-to-cover-mental-health-addiction-same-as-physical-illness?lite

Why does one bureaucrat/agency get this power? And how is this going to make insurance more "affordable"? What if you would rather pay less for a plan that doesn't offer medical care for 26-year-old children, or mental health care? Sorry, you have to pay for it. And you have to buy this type of light bulb. And buy this size toilet. And your showers will just have to suck. Your TV signal has to be HD. And you can't eat trans fat. Shall I continue?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would Tnet be considered a mental health addiction?***

Nov 8, 2013, 12:51 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

That depends on how good your lobbyist is.

Nov 8, 2013, 1:03 PM

Moving forward, that's what's going to determine what should and should not be covered.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

All the libturds I know are blaming ... wait for it ... the

Nov 8, 2013, 12:46 PM

Pubs!!!

Yes boys and girls, the Republicans, who did not give a single vote to this piece of garbage legislation, is who the liberal media and progressives are blaming.

They say it's based on Romey-care and the Dems in Congress made all these changes & compromises to satisfy Republicans.

Their walk off line ..... If it had been a European style single payer system it would be great, premiums would be down, and everyone would be happy.

Well, with the exception that Romney made it work.

Nov 12, 2013, 10:34 AM

There's that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Agree with you' cept on 2 points

Nov 8, 2013, 1:01 PM

1) I don't feel sorry for the POSOS
2) It wasn't really Pelosi (she is dumb as a fence post), it is the Clintons who have sublimely puppeteered King Mutt.

Next time read your own bill Mr. President

Nov 8, 2013, 1:02 PM

Good or bad, YOU own it.

Re: You know, I feel sorry for Obama.

Nov 8, 2013, 1:15 PM

And by "liberal think tanks" you mean the Heritage Foundation. Yes, I agree that we should have gone with single-payer instead of this cockamamie capitalistic private-public-partnership debacle.

And Barry needs to hire some real website designers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

just because there are exchanges and a mandate...

Nov 8, 2013, 1:33 PM

doesn't make it the same thing that the Heritage Foundation proposed. There were some similarities, but the context was entirely different and the emphasis on consumer- focused reform wasn't there in Obamacare.

Single- payer does have some advantages as far as control goes, but I don't think a political case has been made yet for why health care should entirely be a social responsibility. People need to be told why they should want to be on the hook for the kinds of financial problems faced by other countries with nationalized health systems, and why their government should become a glorified benefits despensiary, before they will agree to single payer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Defenders of Obamacare love to throw the

Nov 8, 2013, 1:55 PM

Heritage Foundation proposal out there as if to say that the law was a conservative proposal.

Just to be clear, this law was proposed by Democrats and passed both the House and Senate without a single Republican "Yea" vote. Not one...single...yea vote.

A think tank...is just a think tank. It is a place where ideas are generated. It is not an elected official. And just because the Hertigae Foundation is a conservative think tank doesn't mean that everything put out by them is conservative (ie, a mandate to buy insurance is not a conservative concept, regardless of the leaning of the think tank that offered it for consideration).

The Heritage Foundation is conservative, but it does not define conservative.

null

I'm not a defender of Obamacare.

Nov 8, 2013, 4:01 PM

Didn't you read my post?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Honestly, spoon, I meant to put a disclaimer on my post

Nov 8, 2013, 4:07 PM

to say that I wasn't indicating that YOU specifically were defending Obamacare. But your post prompted that thought when you referenced the Heritage Foundation.

null

Don't worry. It will get us to where you want us.

Nov 8, 2013, 4:28 PM [ in reply to I'm not a defender of Obamacare. ]

Just give it some more time. They're working on it.

It's OK. Obama didn't know anything about any of that stuff.

Nov 8, 2013, 6:38 PM

It's all news to him, too. So he says.

Great post....we now have a nanny state that believes

Nov 12, 2013, 12:01 PM

it's knows better than the individual what they need...they dictate to the individual to protect them from their own choices.

Case in point...good friend has a health policy. Not one I would pick...high deductible but his choice. Through Obamacare his plan doesn't fit within the rules...all plans must offer maternity care and a bunch of other things. They have no plans for additional children....wife's plumbing is gone. Their plan their choice. But now with this law their plan is gone and the replacement plan is 200% higher in monthly premiums with bells and whistles they don't want. The nanny state is saying this is the plan you should want to have no matter the cost to you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic