Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You know Batson took a lot of heat here for years
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

You know Batson took a lot of heat here for years

Aug 15, 2018, 1:53 PM

Yet those close to the program liked the job he did. How would you feel to be S&C coach or on staff at Md going through what they are now. I wouldnt wish that on anyone. YOU'd always feel like somehow you had that kid's death was on your hands

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You know Batson took a lot of heat here for years

Aug 15, 2018, 1:56 PM

Unless both of them are horrible people (S&C and HC), I’d imagine (even hope) that the personal torture far exceeds all of the media stuff. If they’re not beating themselves up (deserved or not), that’s when I’d be concerned.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2018, 2:27 PM

I still wouldn't consider Batson a top tier strength coach. Yes our players have looked stronger, faster, etc. but we have also recruited a lot more elite players the past 3-5 years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2018, 2:35 PM

He serves with distinction in his field. According to people who are experts in that field, hes top tier.

Aug 15, 2018, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Re: You know Batson took a lot of heat here for years ]

He’s one of the top-5 paid S&C coaches in the country.

Either you’re not seeing the whole picture, or our immensely successful football program is wrong.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought we just kept him around to help us

Aug 15, 2018, 3:04 PM

land his son, who happened to be one of the top QB recruits in the country?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Good to know***

Aug 15, 2018, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Re: You know Batson took a lot of heat here for years ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but they have maintained their strength and condition while

Aug 15, 2018, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: You know Batson took a lot of heat here for years ]

playing with every team they have competed with, including Ohio St. (man-handled), Alabama, Oklahoma, LSU, etc. Give the man credit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: but they have maintained their strength and condition while

Aug 15, 2018, 3:34 PM

I personally think he's always done as good as he could. What people tend to forget about is how much the staff has invested in better equipment and facilities over the last several years...everything from a better/bigger weight room, to better recovery machines, to VR equipment, to the new operations center, to upgrading the nutrition program, to that new bar someone posted the other day. The investment has been a wealth for the program, and is allowing Batson to do his job better...and now people can start to see his worth more as a S&C coach. The players buying in also have helped.

Re: but they have maintained their strength and condition while

Aug 15, 2018, 4:02 PM

One of the biggest points Dabo made recently was that Batson didn't have the resources to do the job that needed to be done early on.

They invested in space, equipment and more staff. If you're lacking in any these 3 areas, that is huge hurdle.....much less all 3.

Then, add in a nutritionist (a few years ago now) and all of sudden we're ahead of the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your thoughts that our players are more elite from the start is not unnoticed

Aug 15, 2018, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: You know Batson took a lot of heat here for years ]

And I agree. But the changes some of these players are making in the offseason has to be a credit to the program. They are getting the job done. I’ll never forget walking into auburn stadium when our players were warming up a couple of years ago. I know excuses excesses but had been in military and hadn’t made a game in over 10 years. The difference in what I saw and what I remembered was striking. Ohio state coaches said the same when we beat them 31-0. Your point still stands that we have recruited “some dudes” but our s and c program are top notch

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fire Batson!

Aug 15, 2018, 4:50 PM

Nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those who criticized batson never ran a sprint or lifted a weight on their life...***

Aug 15, 2018, 4:54 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To your last comment... Is it not?***

Aug 15, 2018, 4:55 PM

As far as Batson, I don't ever pretend to know enough to comment on things like the job our S&C coach is doing.. or even on how effective our OL coach is for that matter.

What I do know with my whole heart is that a program run with integrity is more important to me than a program that wins by any means. Call it the Tommy West effect my FR year when everyone was always making negative headlines. Awesome thing with Dabo is we get an amazing leader who also wins on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic