Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
i guess I am going to break ranks here.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 121
| visibility 1

i guess I am going to break ranks here.

Feb 10, 2021, 7:08 PM

nobody was going to hang Mike Pence, it is silly to even type that. I would be shocked if anyone that entered the capital even bothered to bring any rope(joke). And where were they going to hang him from, the chandelier in the Rotunda, were they going to drag him into the lawn out to the loosely constructed and more figurative gallows and not expect a bystander to intervene?

I just can not take the charts of "hang Mike Pence", as any more than a bunch dumb people that all started chanting something because one agitator started chanting it first.

Trump should be impeached and found guilty, we know that will not happen, but let's not pretend that outside of possibly a few psychopathic lone wolves, that the vast majority of the mob itself likely was not going to carry out any sort of violence against members of congress. I am not saying those types were not there and given the opportunity would have put a bullet in Pelosi, but by and large, were a bunch of angry people caught up in the moment.

it should come as no surprise that pretty much every legal defense is, that "I was doing what trump told me".

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i guess I am going to break ranks here.

Feb 10, 2021, 7:10 PM

i dont think anyone can be guilty of impeachment

folks are dying and dems focused on trump lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are right, Pence would not have been harmed

Feb 10, 2021, 7:13 PM

Wrong...Trump should not be found guilty, b/c there is not evidence to PROVE he caused the Capitol egress....
Now, you may be right about Pelosi ;)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are right, Pence would not have been harmed

Feb 10, 2021, 7:22 PM

He has a sworn oath to protect our people and our democracy from enemies both foreign and domestic. He broke that oath when he did not condemn the attack on the capital when it was happening and order the people to leave, both for their safety and those of the people inside. That is his job as Commander in Chief and he failed.

Feb 10, 2021, 7:24 PM

is crowd control in the oath?

no

Feb 10, 2021, 7:26 PM

are AR15s in the 2nd amendment?

Re: no

Feb 10, 2021, 7:29 PM

yes

see word "arms"

Oh, cool. How about tanks and bazookas and hand grenades?***

Feb 11, 2021, 8:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2021, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Re: You are right, Pence would not have been harmed ]

Who gives a flying 'F' about which minute it was done...?

Feb 10, 2021, 8:49 PM

If any/all of this wasn't "incitement", what would be?

Let's say he didn't want it to go that far... (This theory is basically BS as he had a tent party with his closest people to watch)

Either way, less or more, why didn't he do something to stop it instead of his invective Twattin' and letting it escalate?

He probably won't get impeached due to political allegiances/expendiences but he should be for dereliction of duty...

Defending the NARCISSIST-IN CHIEF will ALWAYS be an unappreciated endeavor... He doesn't give a rat's axx about anybody but T-RUMP...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who gives a flying 'F' about which minute it was done...?

Feb 10, 2021, 8:53 PM

"Failing to mitigate is not." If not him, then who...?

Feb 10, 2021, 9:04 PM

I guess you meant Pence and not T-Rump...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Failing to mitigate is not." If not him, then who...?

Feb 10, 2021, 9:11 PM

So any sitting VP can say he doesn't agree with the electors

Feb 10, 2021, 9:24 PM

and stall transition of power...? Get real. "Inferred" by idiots, maybe.

Re: So any sitting VP can say he doesn't agree with the electors

Feb 10, 2021, 9:38 PM

Feb 11, 2021, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Re: You are right, Pence would not have been harmed ]

Then every president back to Jimmy Carter should be impeached.

Agree. He should be found guilty

Feb 10, 2021, 7:23 PM

but there’s no need to over dramatize the events of that day....it was horrible enough all on its own.

As far as Trump...there are really only two possibilities...he purposely stoked the fire, hoping for what happened...or, he was just oblivious to the environment he had created over many months/years and the insurrection was just a happy surprise. Either should be punished.

Re: Agree. He should be found guilty

Feb 10, 2021, 7:24 PM

guilty of what?

Dereliction of Duty.

Feb 10, 2021, 7:40 PM

He told the crowd to go there. When they started storming the capital he should have condemned it and ordered them to leave. Instead, he basically called Mike Pence a pussy on twitter, then waited another 3 hours before he told the crowd to leave, although not before telling them that he loved them and that they were special.

Re: Dereliction of Duty.

Feb 10, 2021, 7:47 PM

What if he has given $$ to a fund to post bail for those that were arrested? I mean daaaaang.

Feb 10, 2021, 8:00 PM

I am sure that a lot of folks that entered the capital believed that he would. I mean the people that actually went in there with their cell phones were obviously not the sharpest tools in the shed.

Feb 10, 2021, 8:04 PM

https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris/status/1267555018128965643?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1267555018128965643%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-5785909531152072209.ampproject.net%2F2101230412006%2Fframe.html

Feb 10, 2021, 8:12 PM

cool. I actually hope most of those people are cut some slack and left off the hook with a slap on the wrist, then file a class action civil suit against Trump.

If the Senate were to hold Trump accountable for the

Feb 11, 2021, 1:15 PM

riot I could see that as a possibility and would support it. However, seeing as GOP senators are more interested in preserving their individual political fortunes, or are afraid of loud women in airports, these folks will all be hung out to dry as the "he told me to do it" defense will have been defeated during this trial.

"Sorry, the US Senate has said President Trump was not responsible, so this is all on you."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate to break it to some of y'all but

Feb 11, 2021, 1:19 PM

You're probably right.

Feb 11, 2021, 1:28 PM

All them MAGAts is ###### regardless.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell this chick that

Feb 11, 2021, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Hate to break it to some of y'all but ]

She did some time for telling someone to kill himself.

https://apnews.com/article/320866bd419a49c8a82b55e39390f2c8

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree. He should be found guilty

Feb 11, 2021, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Agree. He should be found guilty ]

What an idiot!

There has never been any rioting or violence at any of the other Trump rallies he has ever had.

He promoted law and order and back the blue.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dear Jesus, thank you for that.

Feb 10, 2021, 7:25 PM

The verification of some remaining sanity in the ranks was much-needed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dear Jesus, thank you for that.

Feb 11, 2021, 11:58 AM

I was a couple of bong hits into Anderson Cooper when I posted this, it truly is a sad state if that makes me the voice of reason in here.

I tried to TU again but oh well***

Feb 10, 2021, 7:38 PM

I think most took it figurative than literal.

Feb 10, 2021, 7:58 PM

A chant about desire, not procedure.

ahem

Feb 10, 2021, 8:04 PM

Catahoula®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, I'm doubling down.

Feb 10, 2021, 9:49 PM

And gonna be a little ugly here:

Any of y'all who think they would have just let Mike Pence go if they were able to apprehend him are being completely foolish and naive. Sorry if that steps on any toes. Y'all are being ridiculous.

Sorry. Y'all are smart men. Act like it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I think that’s the problem.

Feb 11, 2021, 12:29 AM

We are acting smart. Balm is right on the money on this one and is saying exactly what many of us have been saying since it happened.

Your bias on this one has taken you past the point of self-awareness. You built yourself up for a coup for years, and when a bunch of morons crashed the capitol, it fit the mental bill just right.

We don’t have to debate it because I know your opinion is set, and barring some significant evidence to the contrary, so is mine, but the delta between the two positions has nothing to do with “smarts” and everything to do with confirmation bias.

So let's make sure I have your position correct.

Feb 11, 2021, 7:45 AM

Please correct me on any detail I'm getting wrong here.

-Leading up to the raid, some of these people posted online that they wanted to kill Mike Pence and that he was a traitor.
-Outside the Capitol leading up to the raid, multiple people were saying they wanted to hang him from a tree and some were flashing "symbolic" nooses (I put the symbolic in quotes because I believe that's the word you previously used).
-As they stormed the Capitol, the mob chanted "Hang Mike Pence!"
-The mob broke into the Capitol, smashing windows and breaking down doors, attacking police, and showing complete disregard for the federal law they were breaking.
-And you believe that if, hypothetically, they had found their way to Mike Pence and he didn't have any means of protection, they would have just stopped and said, "Yeah, maybe we've taken this a little far," and turned around and walked out? Or just have a civil conversation with the VP?

Is that what you think would have happened?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

I'll reply by attempting to clarify yours.....

Feb 11, 2021, 9:03 AM

Is it your contention that:

-All of the people there, or enough to make a difference, were there to literally murder a politician of any stripe?
-The vast majority of the people there weren't misled gomers who ended up wandering around taking selfies once they got in?
-That all of the people broke in violently and behaving as if they had blood in their eyes....I ask this because in every post like this, you ignore the high percent of people who simply walked in and looked like a tour group once inside.
-That here in 2021, most people easily have the stomach to be murderers, and wouldn't have prevented the handful of actual murderers from doing anything? Like I've pointed out before....once that girl got shot, there were capitol rioters all around those policemen....the bloodthirst you seem to believe existed would have seen them tearing through those cops in a matter of minutes. Instead they fired up their facebook live feed and started wailing "OMG YOU SHOT HER GET HER HELP".

You and I both agree that these people are a-holes who were easily duped and behaved illegally in a manner unbecoming of an American citizen. You just go off the rails though with this fan fiction that may as well have rural redneck Karen and Carl sticking a katana blade through Pence's spleen.

Re: I'll reply by attempting to clarify yours.....

Feb 11, 2021, 10:19 AM

-I've never argued all of them were. Or even most of them. Were there enough? Yes. It only takes one or two willing to do it and a mob to cheer them on or embolden them. Everyone in there doesn't have to be homicidal; they just have to be complacent while it occurs and give the murderers the necessary protection and means to get to their target. That's been the case with every mob in history that murdered officials.

-Again, I'm not arguing the majority were homicidal. They didn't have to be.

-I don't think I need to repeat myself a third time.

-Still again. You're fallaciously harping on this "majority" thing and claiming I'm making arguments I'm not.

Your failure in the logic on this is assuming that ALL or even a majority needed to crave blood for it to happen. It only takes two or three who are enabled by the mob.

My argument--and I have historical examples and psychological studies to support it--is that a few terrible people in an angry, fervent mob can get away with murdering their targets if the mob can provide them protection, support, and a means. The most in the mob don't actually want to do the killing, but they're willing to go along with it for a variety of reasons.

Your argument is that a mob that had been screaming for Pence's execution and had already showed wanton disrespect for the law and law enforcement while breaking into the Capitol would have suddenly come to their senses and backed down if they got their hands on the VP.

It's sounding sillier and sillier when we type it out, isn't it?

It’s absolutely silly

Feb 11, 2021, 11:11 AM

The theory that a couple murderers could turn a crowd of non-murderous people into being complicit, if not active in the wanton murder of a sitting VP using nothing more than high school level peer pressure is absolutely silly.

Re: It’s absolutely silly

Feb 11, 2021, 12:54 PM

I think you may want to examine some studies on mob mentality and how crowd actions influence others, as well as historical examples of this exact thing happening.

Who, in that crowd of people chanting to hang Mike Pence, was going to stop them if they got a hold of him?

Did you see any rational people in that crowd telling the ones breaking windows, doors, and trying to storm into chambers holding them back and telling them to calm down?

bruh, like I said...zero common ground here, with

Feb 11, 2021, 3:31 PM

the most recent example being you putting the act of placing a freaking noose around the neck of the freaking Vice President of the United States and kicking the stool out from under his feet on the same playing field as breaking some wood and glass in order to make your point.

I hope it's your hatred of Trump that's transferring to your perceived capabilities of these people, because if not, your level of cynicism about any innate goodness or decency in humans is at rock bottom.

Re: bruh, like I said...zero common ground here, with

Feb 11, 2021, 3:33 PM

There was no innate goodness or decency in that mob, and again, I'm basing my opinion on history and studies.

I'm almost wondering if you're doubling down on defending it because you've scoffed at the idea of possible insurrection for months.

You're also avoiding the question. What do you think happens if the people who actually wanted to kill Pence (and while a few, they were there) got a hold of him with no law enforcement to help? What happens next?

ummmmm, how am I avoiding the very topic we're

Feb 11, 2021, 3:43 PM

debating? This whole thing is about the hypothetical non-event of Pence getting discovered.

And before I answer, thanks for confirming that your cynicism is well-bottom low about that crowd, and your belief that breaking a window is a litmus test for murder complicity.

But if I had to guess, I'd say they'd probably gather around him and shout at him...call him some rude names....pull out their phones and selfie themselves publicly shaming Pence, and then a cop or two would show up to whisk him off.

Re: ummmmm, how am I avoiding the very topic we're

Feb 11, 2021, 3:53 PM

And before I answer, thanks for confirming that your cynicism is well-bottom low about that crowd, and your belief that breaking a window is a litmus test for murder complicity.

C'mon, you know that's a straw man.

I'm basing my comments on the crowd's own assertion and calls for hanging the man, the history of mob violence and psychological effects, and the fact that they already showed they didn't give two ##### about the law. The window isn't the issue; it's the fact that they didn't see a problem with their actions in breaking into the Capitol.

But you've finally answered the question I've asked, so there's that. But c'mon. They were just going to surround him and yell at him? They would go from calling for his execution and saying they would hang him themselves, but once they got there, it would just be namecalling?

You're right. You have more faith in humanity than I do. Especially in people like that.

I hope you understand that I get your mob mentality take,

Feb 11, 2021, 4:00 PM

and would concede the point if it were actually true that any and all social and moral conditioning (at the deepest levels) went out the window 100% of the time in scenarios involving mobs. That's not true at all though--it happens and it doesn't happen. And I'm not strawmanning because you keep saying that breaking and entering and chanting mean things indicate the inevitability of the crowd committing murder with no other likely outcomes if Pence had been found simply because those two conditions of lesser deviant behavior had been met.

I might be taking the glass half full view of these people, but you've taken the water, dumped it on the floor, heated the glass to 350 until all water was dissolved, and then smashed it with a hammer.

Re: I hope you understand that I get your mob mentality take,

Feb 11, 2021, 4:02 PM

I might be taking the glass half full view of these people, but you've taken the water, dumped it on the floor, heated the glass to 350 until all water was dissolved, and then smashed it with a hammer.

I tend to run out of benefits of the doubt with people who have repeatedly called for revolution, civil war, overthrowing our government, executing traitors, and then when they actually take the first steps toward it by invading the nation's Capitol.

Feb 11, 2021, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: ummmmm, how am I avoiding the very topic we're ]

Feb 11, 2021, 4:26 PM

My butt-pat conservative board comment was making fun of a group of oversensitive pseudo-intellectuals here about 15 years ago who formed their own super secret message board because they didn't like opposing viewpoints, and it was basically just them patting each other on the butt about how great they were and badmouthing the people they didn't invite to join. Then they got really mad when people here found out that it existed.

That's all.

I am gonna stick to the hanging thing here

Feb 11, 2021, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Nah, I'm doubling down. ]

I just don;t see it, this was not a drag Muammar Gaddafi out into the street and put a bullet is his head type is insurrection. JMHO. Were there a handful of opportunist crazy fvsks that if given an a chance would have put a bullet in them?, absolutely. A hanging, Sorry. I was LOL at CNN last night when they played up the hanging angle. I know that invokes some amazing imagery, but it just was not logistically possible, nor was the crowd that motivated or organised.

Re: I am gonna stick to the hanging thing here

Feb 11, 2021, 10:19 AM

I just don;t see it, this was not a drag Muammar Gaddafi out into the street and put a bullet is his head type is insurrection. JMHO.

How do you know it wouldn't be that if they had gotten ahold of Pence?

Feb 11, 2021, 11:03 AM

in the case of Gaddafi, he had lost the police and the military and there were more than a couple thousand people involved.. There is just no way Pence could have been drug out without someone intervening. I took the hang mike pence chants as figurative. I have a tough time believing that the entire crowd was loaded with sociopaths. I do understand herd mentality and that a good percentage of people are susceptible to behavior they might not otherwise consider, but in this case I just do not see it.

And watch the video of Ashli Babbitt getting shot, it quelled that rioting rather quickly, and the focus quickly went from breaking into he senate halls, to saving her life, by both parties.

Maybe a handful of people were there for blood, I will concede that, but they are typically the ones that sneak in behind the Mob, draw no attention to themselves, and get out quickly.

and my original point, I guess, is that CNN is gaslighting the fuck out of this thing with the wild speculation. I typed the OP after about 4 minutes of watching Anderson cooper clutch his pearls over charts of hang mike pence. I found it laughable and thought I would share.

Message was edited by: Tigerbalm1®

Feb 11, 2021, 11:58 AM

Some of them seemed to be basically cosplaying Revolution and got caught up in the whole thing. I question how far it really would have gone would most of them.

Some of them seemed serious as Eff, almost scarily militarized. I saw some really hardcore militia types that looked almost in lockstep. Hardshell body armor, gas masks, enough tac gear to kit out Batman. Some of those jokers I absolutely would not have wanted to bump into, had I been one of the politicians on their "list". I don't think it would have turned out well.

There were also some sketchy meth-head type randos who just seemed to be the sorts who always seem to be present at events like this, the sort who sort of lurk around waiting for their...moment, when they can do actual violence to somebody for no good reason whatsoever. I don't even know that folks like this are particularly political so much as they just wanna eff somebody up.

But you're talking about...

Feb 11, 2021, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I am gonna stick to the hanging thing here ]

Law enforcement finding a way to save him. Hypothetically, if they hadn't gotten him out in time, they could have been overrun (and they don't have quite enough rounds to stop that mob).

I'm talking if they got a hold of him and there was no one on "his side" to stop it. What happens then?

You're missing something major here.

Feb 11, 2021, 3:39 PM

There's almost Universal agreement here on this one topic between Balm and me---we're polar opposites on most everything remotely political. This would be akin to you having a proposed solution to the Palestinian State conflict, and having both Sharon and Arafat in lockstep agreement on where you're wrong. I'm not declaring that he and I represent the de facto truth on this matter, but when there's a little unity on something this polarizing it might be worth taking a breath and at least double checking your double down for possible rationality flaws.

I'm not sure in what universe you think that...

Feb 11, 2021, 4:00 PM

Somehow would make you both right on the issue, but it doesn't.

I'm sure NC_Tiger and I could find common ground on what's the best BBQ sauce in the world, but that don't ####### make it the right answer.

I've taken enough breaths on it and explored this topic plenty before Jan. 6 ever happened. My conclusion is you are both wrong and need to do more research on what does and has happened in situations like this.

Might wanna reread, because I was clear to point

Feb 11, 2021, 4:13 PM

out it didn't make us right, and the BBQ thing's a non-sequitur, because your core differences with NC aren't culinary in nature.

I hope one or both of us are really bored though and just working on our WPM skills, cause this is exactly where we knew this would wind up 20 posts ago. Have a good one regardless.

No, I get what you said...

Feb 11, 2021, 4:22 PM

But you're still implying that because you and Balm agree, I'm therefore missing something and haven't thought this through. I'm arguing it's the other way around.

But yeah, I think did know 20 posts ago. But where's the fun in that?

THAT'S WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU MI AMIGO....

Feb 11, 2021, 4:23 PM

Occasionally incorrect, never in doubt.

Last word. I win.***

I am only arguing against a good old fasioned hanging here

Feb 11, 2021, 3:41 PM [ in reply to But you're talking about... ]

and the logistics involved in that, and how utterly stupid it is to use the hang mike pence chant as legal context to prosecute trump. It never could have happened. Somebody with a megaphone got all the stupids to sing along and that is it. If somebody wanted him dead they would not waste their time fussing with a rope.

Let me be clear in what I'm talking about:

Feb 10, 2021, 10:43 PM [ in reply to I think most took it figurative than literal. ]

The "desire" conveyed in the chant is to commit violence towards Mike Pence, Pelosi, etc. (Maybe a better word would be "intent")

The "procedure" I'm talking about is the act of hanging. I think it's fine to assert that they weren't going to actually try and hang Pence. That specific is unknown. But it's missing the point, which is that it was clear the mob had a violent intention of doing harm to those that stood in their way. It's why the chamber was evacuated and barricaded. It's why one of the insurrectionists was shot as they tried to bust through a window. And why did they believe this? Because in their minds, they had the backing and support of President Trump. That's the part I agree with Balm on.

Re: Let me be clear in what I'm talking about:

Feb 11, 2021, 12:48 AM

So... whataboutwhatabout?***

Feb 11, 2021, 7:49 AM

Re: So... whataboutwhatabout?***

Feb 11, 2021, 11:08 AM

Re: So... whataboutwhatabout?***

Feb 11, 2021, 12:53 PM

Those enablers didn't lead to an attempted coup and subversion of our government. Those enablers also weren't a POTUS trying to secure a dictatorship through force.

He knows that, but doesn't care. It's best to just ignore.***

Feb 11, 2021, 3:49 PM

Re: He knows that, but doesn't care. It's best to just ignore.***

Feb 11, 2021, 4:27 PM

But not from me.

Feb 11, 2021, 6:17 PM

And you directed it at me. I've always condemned violence on here.

I've been more outspoken about this one because of the drastic implications it would have had if successful, the fact that the POTUS--at best--encouraged it to secure dictator power, and the fact that some people here continue to defend it, scoff at it, or downplay it. It was far graver than anything that happened this summer.

Re: But not from me.

Feb 11, 2021, 7:06 PM

Anyone who is consistent and objective understands that***

Feb 11, 2021, 7:24 PM [ in reply to But not from me. ]

Re: Anyone who is consistent and objective understands that***

Feb 11, 2021, 7:41 PM

I condemn violence caused or incited by any group or person.

Feb 11, 2021, 7:58 PM

And those responsible should be held to the consequences of their actions. That holds true for any rioters as it does for the President of the United States. That's called being objective and consistent.

So, back to the subject, are you consistent and objective enough to want to see those responsible for the Jan 6th insurrection punished for their actions?

Re: I condemn violence caused or incited by any group or person.

Feb 11, 2021, 8:21 PM

You have certainly been consistent in that regard.***

Feb 11, 2021, 8:22 PM

Re: You have certainly been consistent in that regard.***

Feb 11, 2021, 8:56 PM

uh huh.***

Feb 11, 2021, 9:20 PM

ahem

Feb 11, 2021, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Let me be clear in what I'm talking about: ]

Obed®

Feb 10, 2021, 8:55 PM

After watching the video of the insurrectionists - after watching them repeatedly challenging, threatening, and chasing the police - after watching them continue through a window despite seeing an officer pointing a gun at them - after watching them throw crutches, poles, etc at policemen

You are trying to tell me that if they had somehow gotten hold of Pence, or Pelosi, or Omar that they would have suddenly come to their senses and adhered to the rule of law ?

Or would they have committed even more atrocious acts - up to and including killing them ?

I am sorry, but I do not see anything in those videos that suggests that many of those people were less than intent on acting on their threats.

Feb 10, 2021, 8:59 PM

Stopping the constitutionally required confirmation vote too

Feb 10, 2021, 9:09 PM

That's what T-Rump was trying to do.

Re: Stopping the constitutionally required confirmation vote too

Feb 10, 2021, 9:31 PM

through a legal process

Storming the Capitol... Yea, that seems "legal"...***

Feb 10, 2021, 10:04 PM

Ummmm....

Feb 10, 2021, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: i guess I am going to break ranks here. ]

How about beat them repeatedly with punches and kicks? A mob of that size could kill someone with their bare hands.

If by 'phones & cameras' you mean 'pipe bombs, guns,

Feb 11, 2021, 1:43 AM [ in reply to Re: i guess I am going to break ranks here. ]

cross bows, ziptie restraints, bear spray, stun guns, brass knuckles, stinger whips, etc'...you would be absolutely correct.

And by 'absolutely correct', I mean 'completely detached from reality as usual'

smh

Re: If by 'phones & cameras' you mean 'pipe bombs, guns,

Feb 11, 2021, 8:13 AM

At this point, I think a MAGA guy could have rolled up in a tank and these folks would just say, "Nah, he's just a military enthusiast. He meant no harm!"

Re: If by 'phones & cameras' you mean 'pipe bombs, guns,

Feb 11, 2021, 11:13 AM

No. You’re an idiot

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is what I can't get.

Feb 10, 2021, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Re: i guess I am going to break ranks here. ]

Sorry Balm, gonna throw you in here.

It's this line:

You are trying to tell me that if they had somehow gotten hold of Pence, or Pelosi, or Omar that they would have suddenly come to their senses and adhered to the rule of law ?

How ANYONE on this board can watch that mob force their way into the Capitol and completely show complete disregard for federal law and still believe that they would have suddenly come to grips with reality if they had gotten their hands on Pence, Pelosi, Schumer, etc. is naive at best.

But mainly just absurd. They're going to smash windows, beat officers, break down doors, scream for executions, and then when they finally get their hands on their target... just say, "Oh, yeah, we went too far. Peace. See y'all later."

This is a foolish argument.

*forced their way into the capitol*

Feb 11, 2021, 8:26 AM

I know there were some videos from different angles showing a broken window or two, but its hard to write a revisionist history when cops were taking selfies with these people

https://twitter.com/christina_bobb/status/1347596278583197698

https://twitter.com/jihanbit/status/1346909463660396550

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

You are aware there are multiple ways into that building...

Feb 11, 2021, 8:28 AM

Right?

Have you not watched the video from the trial?

Or if you like, I can just give you the raw video--shot by a Trumpie--of the stand off between police and insurrectionists at one of the entrances.

You don't read my posts, its evident.***

Feb 11, 2021, 9:03 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Sorry, but simple human nature and history...

Feb 10, 2021, 9:43 PM

Say in moments like this, you're wrong.

You know what? I'm certain the vast majority chanting that really wouldn't try to hang him if given the chance.

But you don't need all of them to hang him. You just need that mass of idiots to protect and embolden the ones who would. And there were no doubt some of them in the crowd.

If hypothetically the small few who would go that far did get their hands on him (and they certainly wouldn't need a rope; it wouldn't be hard to improvise), who is going to stop them? At that point, they've now reached their goal with the help of the mob.

So, they commence with the execution. What does the mob do as it's going down? It's made up of the following:
-People who would love to see Pence hanged but don't actually want to do it. They'll keep cheering.
-People caught up in the crowd hysterics (and this is scientifically proven that people don't act like themselves in these situations). Later, they will realize it all went too far.
-People who start to think maybe this is going too far but hey, they're here and it's history. Whatcha gonna do now?
-People who never wanted it to go this far and probably were just making noise to begin with. They realize this is wrong but they also realize there is nothing they can do to stop this. They watch in silent horror because they know they are outnumbered.

That's the goal. People with such intent are few, but they know they need an angry mob to carry it out, get them to their goal, and protect them. From there, the killings are easy.

If Pence, Pelosi, Schumer, et al fell into the hands of the mob and there were no officers to protect or save them, they most certainly would have risked execution.

Do you really think that all the angry Frenchmen and women in the mob wanted to actually kill Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette? Did everyone in the rebel mob want to actually kill Gaddafi? (Oh, but those were terrible leaders that everyone hated! Yeah. Ask that mob how they feel about Pelosi.) Did everyone in that mob that destroyed "Black Wall Street" and murdered the people really want it to go that far?

But they sure as #### cheered.

I can list examples all day of where angry mobs such as this led to bodies. And certainly most of them in that mob weren't homicidal.

Feb 10, 2021, 9:54 PM

https://twitter.com/jimbourg/status/1347559078831284227

https://www.reuters.com/article/usa-election-extremists/u-s-capitol-siege-emboldens-motley-crew-of-extremists-idUSL1N2JJ0A0

Before the protest, pro-Trump extremists had posted online about their intentions to kill Pence due to his refusal to indulge President Trump's desire to overturn the election.

The Justice Department alleges Chansley left a note for Pence warning that "it's only a matter of time, justice is coming."

According to the FBI, Joshua Matthew Black, an Alabama man charged with trespassing after he made it into the Senate, said in a YouTube video: "Once we found out Pence turned on us and that they had stolen the election, like, officially, the crowd went crazy. I mean, it became a mob," adding, "I wanted to get inside the building so I could plead the blood of Jesus over it. That was my goal."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2021/01/15/report-capitol-mob-came-within-100-feet-of-pence/?sh=3852169d18e6

Message was edited by: Catahoula®

So Jim says it was a common line being repeated.

Feb 11, 2021, 12:33 AM

So common, in fact, that he heard a whole 3 people say it.

Maybe reread the Tweet.

Feb 11, 2021, 7:48 AM

He said three people said they wanted to hang him themselves. He said many more were calling for his execution.

So, we have three people who said they were willing to do it and a nice mob that said they would like to see it happen.

Sure...same comment holds.

Feb 11, 2021, 8:53 AM

"I heard at least 3 different rioters at the Capitol say that they hoped to find Vice President Mike Pence and execute him by hanging him from a Capitol Hill tree as a traitor. It was a common line being repeated."

Unless his "It" doesn't refer to the line in the sentence immediately preceding it, he's exaggerating.

What would have been the famous last words of Mike Pence?

Feb 10, 2021, 10:04 PM

Danton surely didn't see it coming during the Reign of Terror either, lol.

"Liberté" is what the mob tells you it is.

https://youtu.be/4B7RApdrIfs

Bruh, nobody REALLY wanted to kill Marie Antoinette.

Feb 10, 2021, 10:08 PM

It was all just talk.

It’s a really solid analogy...

Feb 11, 2021, 12:39 AM

What with social constructs and societal norms being identical in 1700s France and 2000s USA.

Please tell me...

Feb 11, 2021, 7:46 AM

The social constructs and societal norms that were on display at the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Like I said, it's exactly the same.

Feb 11, 2021, 9:11 AM

Our stomach for personally killing and witnessing murder is identical to back then. It's why we have public executions, the guillotine, drawing and quartering, thumb screws, the rack....exactly the same.

My biggest fear is that all those people would have trampled each other like the Who concert in '79 trying to get in on the action before Pence perished. I'd like to be the guy selling his heart on eBay....what a payday that would have been.

ADDENDUM THAT I'M PUTTING HERE SIMPLY BECAUSE T-NETTERS HAVE TURNED PEOPLE INTO THE SECRET SERVICE BEFORE SO IF YOU ARE AN AGENT READING THAT LAST LINE IT IS SATIRE AND I AM MAKING LIGHT OF CATAHOULA'S POSITION THAT IS ALL MIKE PENCE IS A GREAT MAN AND I HOPE HE LIVES TO 150.

Message was edited by: Obed®

Well, Robespierre and Trump don’t have much in common

Feb 11, 2021, 9:34 AM

except that they both set their friends up for execution.

Wait... wut?

Feb 11, 2021, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Like I said, it's exactly the same. ]

T-Netters have turned people in to the Secret Service before? Let's back up a bit and tell some stories.

I’m 99% that the dime got dropped on Corny, and it was some

Feb 11, 2021, 10:52 AM

Stupid post about Obama when he was running the first time, but no more stupid than what gets posted in here weekly, if not daily, and El Scorcho called the SS and told em they had an assassination threat. He got visited by agents and everything before they wrote it off.

Pretty sure Bmeist and crump almost dissolved the lunge for good that day.

Re: I’m 99% that the dime got dropped on Corny, and it was some

Feb 11, 2021, 10:58 AM

Look let's be totally fair here, Corny is an absolute psychopath and a visit from FBI or SS probably wasn't the worst hot tip they checked out that day.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh I’m not saying he was a sympathetic victim.

Feb 11, 2021, 11:12 AM

If it wasn’t corny I think it was balconi.

Wasn't it ElScorcho?

Feb 11, 2021, 11:41 AM [ in reply to I’m 99% that the dime got dropped on Corny, and it was some ]

or did he turn him in?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

El Scorcho called the feds. That much I know.

Feb 11, 2021, 3:25 PM

I couldn't remember 100% who they got called on.

Say what you want about this board now

Feb 11, 2021, 3:44 PM

But there were some real odd cats on here back then.

Wonder what life is like on the butt-pat double secret conservative board now?

yup, there was some legit antisocial behavior around here

Feb 11, 2021, 3:49 PM

back in the day.

Why can't...

Feb 11, 2021, 4:03 PM

People just challenge each other to fights at Market Common like JHop did to settle differences?

THAT'S what happened to Corny? How did I miss that?***

Feb 11, 2021, 3:52 PM [ in reply to I’m 99% that the dime got dropped on Corny, and it was some ]

No, he actually came back with a couple posts

like "OMG WTFGUYS who actually called the Secret Service on me?" and I guess, in a move that showed his honesty to be far higher than his discernment, Scorch fessed up.

I can't remember the multiple final straws across multiple accounts that did corny in.

It's the small things that change us...

Feb 11, 2021, 8:46 AM

"Mike Pence probably wasn't really going to be killed"

"That loosely constructed gallows on the lawn of the Capitol building wouldn't have really worked"

"Most of them wouldn't have actually shot the Speaker of the House"

[paraphrasing]

Let that sink in

In any other time and place in history, save for maybe the Civil War, when would that have not been a remarkable statement?

How many sane people planned to break into the capitol before the trip?

Feb 11, 2021, 9:33 AM

People get caught up in the crowd and energy. I don’t think he would have hung, but also didn’t think sane people at home expected to kill anybody or be shot that day too.

Had they found him, what would they have done with him?***

Feb 11, 2021, 11:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had they found him, what would they have done with him?***

Feb 11, 2021, 11:42 AM

yell at him and call him a traitor, anything more and they would be bleeding out on the nice marble floors.

Agreed. The rioters would have brought weapons if they truly

Feb 11, 2021, 12:57 PM

intended to "bust up".

(I know they found a couple of guns - and the guy that brought explosives didn't bring them to the Capitol.)

could they get into the rally with weapons?***

Feb 11, 2021, 3:36 PM

Don't know - I doubt it. But they sure as heck couldn't unleash a major

Feb 11, 2021, 4:17 PM

insurrection without them.

If those morons got close to Pence (or anyone else), they would have been filled with lead. They weren't going to do anything.... They couldn't do anything.

Weren't there unarmed Senators and Reps huddled in...

Feb 11, 2021, 4:37 PM

offices/closets?

To say they an angry mob "couldn't have done anything" because they didn't have guns is not something I can agree with.

I saw CP with machine guns and Secret Service shooting folks

Feb 11, 2021, 5:16 PM

who were getting too close. Plus the Secret Service in the Chambers just waiting for someone to try to get in there.

If the rioters had guns - it could have turned ugly. But they didn't, so it didn't.

it's a kangaroo court, period.***

Feb 11, 2021, 7:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 121
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic