Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OT...Greenville Police Officer killed...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

OT...Greenville Police Officer killed...

Oct 21, 2020, 7:11 AM

Sick and tired of turning on the news only to find out ANOTHER police officer has been killed in the line of duty. This time it was one of our own here in Greenville. I have close connections to the police department and this guy was universally loved by all in the department.

Now allow me to vent.......when the he** is enough enough? Evidently these officers pulled over a vehicle on I85 and during to stop the people in the vehicle decided to fight the officers and took off. They crashed into another vehicle amd somehow the officer was killed (maybe run over??).

So sick of BS like this. We wont hear a dang thing about this from politicians, athletes, actors/actresses, etc bc it doesnt fit their narrative. Officers all over our country are getting injured, shot at, killed, etc and people who have "a voice" choose to remain silent.

Its a sad state of affairs right now. God speed officer....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OT...Greenville Police Officer killed...

Oct 21, 2020, 7:22 AM

I pray that the full truth of this situation be known and publicized and that justice be served.

Oct 21, 2020, 7:22 AM

Sounds like the officer was hit by a car from the reports I've read. May he rest in peace.

Oct 21, 2020, 7:24 AM

Greenville County Sheriff Deputy not Greenville Police.

https://www.foxcarolina.com/news/sheriff-deputy-who-died-from-injuries-after-incident-along-i-85-was-man-of-integrity/article_0681fd80-1309-11eb-8dc1-1f6f16ac4cdf.html?block_id=994016

Oct 21, 2020, 7:26 AM

**Correct County officer not city

Oct 21, 2020, 7:31 AM

He was killed at a wreck scene. Are you disappointed? Did your "close connections to the police department" mislead you somehow?

Oct 21, 2020, 7:42 AM

How did my close connections mislead me?

Yes, he did at a wreck scene AFTER the PD pulled a car over and the people inside decided it would be best to fight with the officers and try to drive off. Why not give the officers their 10-15 minutes and if you have nothing to hide then you can drive away freely. Agree??

Oct 21, 2020, 7:50 AM

Probably because somebody in the car had a warrant, was without a driver's license, a suspended license, or possibly had some drugs.

Oct 21, 2020, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: OT...Greenville Police Officer killed... ]

what is WRONG with you. An honorable man was killed trying to do his job as the end result of some lawless lowlifes not following police instructions. (as usual) Does that not fit your narrative ?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One rule ends this.

Oct 21, 2020, 7:33 AM

You run from us you get popped, period.

This isnt the first time; officers have been killed since law has incurred.

Enough is enough my friend, but identifying the enemy is not easy.

So... Putting my policy in today. Rin from us and get popped. Murder charge, probation volation, parking ticket? All are equal when they run

Where do you draw the line on that? How about

Oct 21, 2020, 8:22 AM

drunk kids running from a busted party? If that applies i could've been "popped" a couple times.

Re: Where do you draw the line on that? How about

Oct 21, 2020, 8:49 AM

Teach them better! If they are drunk and running from an officer they are a threat to any and everyone on the road. I have lost family to drunk teenagers doing stupid crap, whatever it takes to stop them is OK with me. So same rules apply run from the LAW you are taking a chance with your life.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about this

Oct 21, 2020, 10:37 AM

you and your buddy coronamav1 quit your jobs, go apply to whatever law enforcement agency you want to work for, do your training at the academy, get your credentials and hit the streets...
We'll see how long you last on the job with your own agenda in action... I can promise, you'll end up as a headline as well...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How about this

Oct 21, 2020, 10:48 AM

agrees, sounds like a $h!+bird that cosplays as a pretend cop in his wrecked Vic.

Most of the LEO I have worked with would never make that comment. Only the idiots eventually washing out would even think of saying that online too....

Oct 21, 2020, 11:51 AM [ in reply to How about this ]

When the drunk"person" kills your kids, wife or you for that matter are you gonna feel good and tell them it's all gonna be OK? But that isn't really the point here, if you teach your kids better then they probably won't make decisions that put their lives and other peoples lives at risk. My kid shouldn't die because your kid is stupid. It really is pretty simple. The law is there for a reason, the officers are there to enforce the law, are some bad apples absolutely, but they are the vast minority and they will weed themselves out eventually once they plow through the good ol boy system that for some reason seems to have a hold in every business, agency, or any thing else. It amazes me that so many can read something and totally get the gist all wrong. Accidents happen, I have had a few, never drunk though, never on drugs, always attempted to do the right thing not because I was above anyone but because I was taught to respect others and actions have consequences. It is astounding that espousing someone to do the right thing riles up so many! It should be common sense.

Oct 21, 2020, 12:56 PM

You know....even good people screw up at times and make a bad decision and ends up costly. Good to know though that you walk on water like Jesus and never make mistakes and never got drunk or did drugs - you were just an angel (and may still be). But my guess is, most do make mistakes. But to say if you walk away or run from a cop that you should be shot is ludicrous. God help us if that's what they are teaching at the police academy.

RIP to this officer - but do we know the facts.....do we know they intentionally tried to hit him (that lead to his death). As an officer, you go into that job knowing death is a real possibility. Same in military. My hats are off to all of them. I couldn't do it. Prayers for his wife and daughter. These senseless deaths have occurred for generations and will continue to do so because we are an imperfect race that makes mistakes nonstop.

You didn't espouse doing the right thing

Oct 22, 2020, 12:34 AM [ in reply to Re: How about this ]

You espoused shooting someone in the back, justified or not, because running away from LEOs is worthy of a bullet in the back... you took your point far beyond doing the right thing by espousing that an LEO do the wrong thing...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oohhh I have a new buddy???

Oct 21, 2020, 4:38 PM [ in reply to How about this ]

Ah snap bruh I thought I was alone on here. I know DHood likes me. (Mauldin thang)

Other than that.. yawnnnnnn..........

Easy. Running FROM an officer of the law is completely

Oct 21, 2020, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Where do you draw the line on that? How about ]

different than running TOWARD one, where the officer worries about being attacked. May sound harsh, but in that situation, I say the officer is perfectly warranted in shooting first, and letting God sort them out. Now, if at all possible, that shot could be with a Taser instead of a bullet, but, as these policeman are literally putting their lives on the line in these situations, whatever force is at their disposal should be employed.

As another poster said, teach your children respect for law officers, and these situations will not develop nearly as frequently.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about we teach children to respect other human beings

Oct 21, 2020, 10:43 AM

first, then it won't matter what the other human being is wearing or how they look or behave...

we better realize that the issues with children are the adults raising them in an environment that leads to so much disrespect... I certainly teach mine that I better not ever get word that they are being disrespectful of others, BUT, they are in no way obligated to suffer disrespect either...

Re: How about we teach children to respect other human beings

Oct 22, 2020, 7:49 AM

OMG, voice of reason!!! How many people would be shot or killed by cops if they just followed instructions. Sometimes it would suck if you are innocent, but if you survived, no one got injured and spent a night im jail? So be it, but you are not dead and a good cop isn't comprised!!?

Most bad people deserve their charges and most good cops dont get into trouble. But what most dont understand, there were over $370k cops but I think number is around $277k now. Less than .1% of population in US. Yep, cops are the problem as they flood our streets.

Re: How about we teach children to respect other human beings

Oct 22, 2020, 8:38 AM

And to add to your point.........assuming your numbers are correct regarding the number of police officers.

That is about a 25% decline in officers. What will that decline look like over the next 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?

Many of us here have young kids who will be entering the workforce in the near future. Do you want your kid subjected to this crap while making about $35k to start? What will our law enforcement look like in the future. You think it is bad now..................

People are the real problem no matter their station in life

Oct 22, 2020, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: How about we teach children to respect other human beings ]

Ego typically drives everything about decisions that impact our lives negatively. the most recent percentage of persons incarcerated in the US is around 0.7%. So, the bad guys are so small that the good guys could quell them with literally no effort, but the good guys too often fail to raise bad guys to be good guys... There are bad guys in EVERY station in life; doctors, lawyers, CEOs, firefighters, police officers, sanitation, construction, education, religion, etc.
No profession is free of bad guys and we would do much better to not put people, professions, titles and such on pedestals because the human ego has a hard time not getting puffed up. Police are no better than a janitor when it all gets down the basic essence of life, respect HUMAN life, period and we all will be much better for it...

Re: Easy. Running FROM an officer of the law is completely

Oct 21, 2020, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Easy. Running FROM an officer of the law is completely ]

Extend a LEO (Law enforcement officer) the same courtesy as your IRS agent. Polite but not trusting. Respect is earned later. Just because a LEO asks something does not make it a requirement, although you might need to comply with consultation of your lawyer. Know ones rights before mouthing off.

I get your comparison, but there are times when people

Oct 22, 2020, 9:13 AM

want, and need the policeman to show up. I don't think anyone EVER wants an IRS agent to show up. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why?

Oct 21, 2020, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Where do you draw the line on that? How about ]

I was busted at a few parties. Every time you just go home. The kids who ended up in tne drunk tank were the ones who ran and got caught cause the were drunk and couldn't run very well....or the kids that gave attitude.. again cause they were drunk and stupid.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sounds like "DO or DIE"... Juuuuuust a touch extreme.***

Oct 21, 2020, 8:45 AM [ in reply to One rule ends this. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One rule ends this.

Oct 21, 2020, 8:49 AM [ in reply to One rule ends this. ]

Isn't some level of this why people are mad at police in the first place?

Nice and easy, cause then anyone can do it, right?

Oct 21, 2020, 9:00 AM [ in reply to One rule ends this. ]

Being a police officer is not supposed to be easy. There is an enormous amount of situational awareness and judgement they have to use. We couldn't possibly have a policy like you're describing, Captain Keyboard Warrior. Imagine your wife getting popped while getting a simple speeding ticket, just because her foot slipped off the brake pedal, or the cop didn't like that she was driving to a safe space before pulling over. She would be equal to a drug-dealing rapist then, right? That's exactly what you said. What if your son or grandson went along with a friend's dumb idea and threw rocks at cars or something, then ran when the cops showed up? He may as well be a murderer, according to you. Sure would be a sad story on the evening news. Would you still be so foolishly gung-ho then?

The police need more funding and more training so we neither see your stupid dystopian future, cops killed at traffic stops, nor cops shooting unarmed people who may be resisting arrest over a petty crime.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol.. yeah that doesn't happen

Oct 21, 2020, 10:06 AM

"Imagine your wife getting popped while getting a simple speeding ticket, just because her foot slipped off the brake pedal, or the cop didn't "

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Lol.. yeah that doesn't happen

Oct 21, 2020, 10:14 AM

I have to disagree here. Maybe the foot doesn't slip off, but a person that's just been pulled over can be stressed about getting a ticket, busy searching for their registration, insurance card, and pulling out their licence and can easily forget that they haven't put the car into park yet before taking their foot off of the brake.

No.. 1st thing you do is put your car in park

Oct 21, 2020, 10:49 AM

And they tell you to turn it off.

Then they approach the car with clear instructions ... don't do anything.

You keep putting the accountability on the police.. where Is the accountability from my wife?

After reading this post I am going to send this simple list to my wife and kids.

A. Don't speed
B. Don't reach all over the place when u get pulled over.
C. Be polite.answer the questions.
D. If you have a warrant for your arrest...go to jail. Your resistance to answer for YOUR crimes could get you killed...no problem that is your decision....but it can also get some 1 else killed. ..not cool.
E. plead your case in court.

Re: No.. 1st thing you do is put your car in park

Oct 21, 2020, 11:40 AM

To be clear, I wasn't putting any accountability on the police. The above poster was replying to another poster who said that people who run from cops should be shot and thought of the same as rapists and murderers. He was only giving examples of how situations where innocent people would be gunned down by police if the police took that sort of attitude.

You seemed to imply that a person could never have their foot slip off of the brake during a traffic stop, and I only explained reasons that a person could have their vehicle move by mistake which could then be taken by the cop as the person attempting to escape which could lead to them shooting the driver if we lived in a world like the above poster suggested that we should.

For the record, I fully respect the job that police officers do, and know it's a job that I could never do myself. They put their lives in danger all the time, and get treated as the enemy by many people. I'm not even talking about shootings when I make the comment about being looked at as the enemy. Yes, some people admit it's their own fault when they get a speeding ticket, but so many place all the blame on the cops for the fact they got caught speeding, not wearing a seat belt, driving drunk, or whatever thing they got a ticket for. That's not to say that they get it right 100% of the time, but 99.9% of them are just trying to do their jobs like the rest of us are trying to do ours.

Re: Lol.. yeah that doesn't happen

Oct 21, 2020, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Lol.. yeah that doesn't happen ]

LOL that happened to my mother. Got pulled over, put it into "R" and then when to reach for the glovebox. Car started moving backways, she slammed her foot down on the pedal and accelerated into the patrol car in the outskirts of a Kohls parking lot.

I think the reason she was pulled was for "making a dangerous movement" ie pulling out in traffic not at speed causing traffic to swerve. (35mph road where everyone is doing 50mph) so who knows.

Did the cop shoot her?***

Oct 21, 2020, 11:07 AM

Re: Did the cop shoot her?***

Oct 21, 2020, 11:18 AM

Well, she was a 5'5" 100 white female in her 60s then. Your average Beige/Silver Camry and pressed up to the steering wheel with giant glasses. Fairly certain the officer knew the "risk", although she would have mouthed off and belligerent as can be...

Sadly, that type of patience isn't extended to everyone in that scenario...

If I was walking behind a car..had a gun.. ...and the car came flying

Oct 21, 2020, 11:43 PM

At me...I'd probably shoot.

In my youth I'd probably try to jump up on trunk..but I'm too old and fat for that now.

I agree that cop showed a lot of restraint.

I was with you right up to the very end... because

Oct 21, 2020, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Nice and easy, cause then anyone can do it, right? ]

homeslice1479®

"resisting arrest" can go sideways real quick. There's a fine line between just "pulling away from the officer" and starting to grapple/wrestle/fight. It happens in a fraction of a second. And once that line is crossed, or threatens to cross it... YOU'RE PROBABLY GONNA GET SHOT. PERIOD. The officer simply cannot allow you to gain control of his gun, taser, etc. Because then he gets killed. It's just that simple.

Bottom line: You get into a fight/scuffle/whatever with an officer... you just escalated the situation into a life-and-death struggle. One of you is going home tonight, and the other will end up in the morgue. To quote Harry - "do ya feel lucky?". If so, then go for it...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Oct 21, 2020, 1:30 PM [ in reply to One rule ends this. ]

coronamav1 said:

You run from us you get popped, period.

This isnt the first time; officers have been killed since law has incurred.

Enough is enough my friend, but identifying the enemy is not easy.

So... Putting my policy in today. Rin from us and get popped. Murder charge, probation volation, parking ticket? All are equal when they run

I understand what your saying, I think, but some of that is over the top. But once you run you are putting someone else's life at risk and that is not acceptable. At that point you have chosen to roll the dice and sometimes the outcome is bad. I won't say that some people don't get stopped for no reason, but I am 63 years old and it hasn't happened to me, my wife or my 3 children. When any of us has been stopped, we pull over at a safe place, roll down our window, leave our hands on the wheel and follow directions as courteous as we can be. It isn't a law that we do it that way, it's just the right thing to do. It doesn't put us in danger or the Officer. He/she wants to get home to their families the same as we do.

Oct 21, 2020, 3:15 PM [ in reply to One rule ends this. ]

This is why people like you don’t deserve to put on a badge or have a weapon pure buffoonery. If you’re that afraid of someone running from you that you need to shoot them in the back you’re a coward plain and simple and ide say it to your face

Oct 22, 2020, 6:45 AM [ in reply to One rule ends this. ]

Shop lift? You get popped.
Drive drunk? You get popped.
Lie on your 1040? You get popped.
Don't pay your property tax? You get popped.
Possession of narcotics? You get popped.
Underage drinking? You get popped.
Fail to wear your covid mask? You get popped.
Possession of an unregistered handgun? You get popped in NYC
Open carry in Virignia? YOU ARE GOOD.
Open carry in South Carolina? You get popped.
Threaten the President? You get popped.

Heck of an idea you have there. Your law will fix everything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mrs. Quinn

Oct 22, 2020, 9:00 AM

Harley, dont post stupid stuff like that. Just makes you look uneducated and we know your a smart liberal guy.

You take my words and twist them. I said if they RUN popped. Period. no matter the charge.

Re: Coronamav1, liberal Harley, and the law

Oct 22, 2020, 1:03 PM

Let's start with the name calling: Most reasonable people would not call be a liberal. I have not voted for a democratic candidate for any national office since the 1970s. I am conservative. I want a government that respects the freedom of its citizens and the law.

Moving to the law, the cops are the agents of government who shoot and kill about 1000 citizen's a year. I think government agents should not shoot and kill that many citizens each year. From a conservative point of view, I do not want agents to be authorized to shoot and kill citizens UNLESS the citizens are engaged in a crime that threatens the life of another person. Here's a link to how the laws have been judged with respect to what is reasonable force used by agents of the government and when they can use it.

https://www.americanbar.org/about_the_aba/

I know you respect law officers. But the FBI is a law enforcement agency. We should both know the FBI has been crooked for well over 75 years. If you doubt that read about the actions of Hoover, Comey and quite a few of the heads of the FBI. You and I know that there have been too many incidents of crooked cops all over the country. I do not automatically assume police have good intentions. I don't run from them, but I will insist on my rights whenever I am engaged with government agents.

Have you read about Rudy Ridge? Was that reasonable? Waco? The North Charleston cop who shot a man running away from him about a block from where I once lived over a no account traffic issue? The Charlotte policeman who shot and killed a deaf man who did not hear and could not understand what was happening? How many people can be unjustly killed by the cops before you want to worry about it.

I don't blame most individual police officers for most of the deaths. The system dresses the cops up like they are going to war every day. Most local police agents have armored cars, snipers, the cops can often be forgiven individually for much of the bad things they do, but the system of policing in the country is badly out of whack. And in generally the police seem to jealous of their authority and what to have unrestricted authority over citizens. I don't want them to have that authority.

BTW, check the murder rate per 100,000 people in South Carolina now and over the past 50 years. Hint, the murder rate is lower now. So why are all officers armed to the teeth and scared to death of the people? Where is Sheriff Andy now that the streets are safer than they were in the 60s?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am sad for the officer and his family...BUT

Oct 21, 2020, 7:33 AM

what the holy heII does this have to do with football?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am sad for the officer and his family...BUT

Oct 21, 2020, 7:44 AM

Has NOTHING to do with Clemson FB thats why I put OT in the topic.

If no interest then why click?

Re: I am sad for the officer and his family...BUT

Oct 21, 2020, 8:14 AM

OT posts belong in the amphitheater. HTH

What if the post

Oct 21, 2020, 8:22 AM

is about an Offensive Tackle?

Re: What if the post

Oct 21, 2020, 8:53 AM

I clicked on for Orange Tights

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like the thread is getting Over Time***

Oct 21, 2020, 9:07 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought it was Overall Time. The orange overall scene

Oct 21, 2020, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: What if the post ]

seems to be quite divisive........

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're really an idiot if you can't see it doesn't belong on a FB

Oct 21, 2020, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: I am sad for the officer and his family...BUT ]

board.

From the title - you could have easily just moved to the

Oct 21, 2020, 1:10 PM [ in reply to I am sad for the officer and his family...BUT ]

next topic if this didn't interest you.

BUT NO (doing my best Steve Martin) you just had to hop in and comment - which took 100 times longer than just letting your eyeballs wander to the next topic...

There's no money in it. The money is all in

Oct 21, 2020, 8:17 AM

Division so that is the product they are pushing.

Oct 21, 2020, 8:19 AM

Greenville lost a good man.

Sgt. Jumper was an amazing man and wonderful officer

Oct 21, 2020, 9:37 AM

Praying for his wife and daughter.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 9:37 AM

I'm truly sorry to hear about this. My prayers will to go his loved ones. However, this really should be on another forum. It certainly doesn't diminish the loss in any way though

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ampitheater >>>>>>>>that way. there is a board for OT***

Oct 21, 2020, 10:41 AM

Oct 21, 2020, 10:51 AM

Yea - complete F'ing BS.

Two occupations - teachers and LEO's, there isn't enough money to pay me to be either one right now. It's terrible, the amount of disrespect both receive daily. And it'll only get worse.

I taught in Charleston public schools...

Oct 21, 2020, 11:46 AM

while working on my Master's. About as thankless as a job you can get.

Re: I taught in Charleston public schools...

Oct 21, 2020, 1:34 PM

Bless you, one of my in-laws teaches there and she is ready to retire. No support from admin, not much if any parental support or involvement, and the students are effing looney toon!

Oct 21, 2020, 11:06 AM

#### shame. My condolences to the family and friends and to the Greenville Sheriff's Department.

My daughter is an LEO in upstate SC. I wotry about #### like this a lot. It's scary. A patrol officer never knows how desperate the guy behind the wheel is when the officer approaches the vehicle.

Oct 21, 2020, 11:07 AM

Didn't realize there was a cuss filter here. I'll be better.

Oct 21, 2020, 1:42 PM

We want hear from Coaches either, just like when the two White innocent White Father and Daughter were murdered by a Black common criminal in Georgetown S.C. I didn't see where any COLLEGE COACH in S.C., including CDS had a meeting with his team to discuss what happened as they ALL did when some Black Criminal in Wisconsin was killed by Police Officers attempting to arrest him. Double Standards, you think????

Oct 21, 2020, 3:12 PM

It’s I85 if you’ve ever driven on 85 you’d know that is one of the busiest interstates in South Carolina, accidents happen everyday.

BLM/ANTIFA and their scumbag allies will be pleased.

Oct 22, 2020, 6:49 AM

media will barely cover it.. but yet a crackhead and a drug dealer get parades around the country.

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Oct 22, 2020, 6:51 AM

What should the politician say about it? Breaking news criminals don't listen. It is almost a non-story.

Oct 22, 2020, 7:21 AM

The problem is that media,athletes,Hollywood, etc paint a public perception that cops are bad.

Now...are SOME cops bad? Sure, just like in any profession but it seems like the narrative is that ALL cops are bad. Huge difference....

My original point is that the Lebrons of the world are so quick to critize yet I have not heard one of these people offer a single solution to this perceived problem.

Why cant these folks simply use their voice to say...."look, are there bad police officers out these yes BUT the overwhelming majority of them are good people simply doing their job. Its time we, as a society, respect these officers who risk their lives to keep us safe".

Is it a solution...maybe not? Is it a start and better than what they are doing now....most certainly

Sl

They have told you what the solution is

Oct 22, 2020, 1:04 PM

The solution is that the good cops stop being allies to the bad cops by standing by, not calling them out or not reporting them. By policing themselves in earnest, there won't be a place for bad cops, and that will help to foster better relationships and communities. Nobody in a neighborhood is going to speak up when the bad cops are allowed to roam like wild dogs...
The solution is to get to be known in the neighborhoods that you patrol as a fair and compassionate person to those who just want to go about their lives free of bias. Get the good people in the neighborhood to rally around them, not treat them like they just need to get in line and follow orders because not all orders are legal or according to protocol. Too often, the residents of particular neighborhoods get painted with the same broad brush and bias as the criminals that live there, that only fosters the disdain for police much as the officer disdains the neighborhood that they patrol.

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic