Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
HELP
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

HELP

Nov 27, 2018, 11:40 PM

Hey guys i kno this is probably not the best place to talk about something like this but I feel like you guys are probably the only people I can talk about something like this. I am 16 years old and a huge clemson fan mainly because it’s the home team and I am from the upstate so the closest school. I got to move with my mom to Charlotte about 3 years ago back in 2015, but I was getting bullied almost everyday at school, so sometimes I just stayed home from school because of the bullying, then I used to get in trouble with my mom of course so she said im sending you back to Greenville to stay with my dad since I skipped school a lot but I never told her what was always going on because me and my mom never had a good relationship. Now I have to stay with my father and grandma for the 3 years which is still present today, I haven’t slept in an own bed in mine for the past 3 years. I sleep on a couch unfortunately because my dad and grandma don’t have a lot of money plus my grandma is 85 years old, I still get bullied till this day and I feel like I can’t take it anymore, I tried out for the football team at my school in my freshman year of Highschool and I wasn’t the best player at anymeans but I still wanted to play because I wanna play college football for clemson so I can be happy at once, but people still say I will never be a good football player, and they always say very mean stuff to the point to where I start thinking about committing sucide, but I could never really talk to somebody to tell them what is going on. I always thought having a girlfriend would be good because maybe i can talk to her about everything, but that’s not the case because no girl wants to talk to me anyway because of the things that people say about me. I really just hate my life rightnow I really don’t have any family I can really talk to about this at all. Please help

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: HELP

Nov 27, 2018, 11:46 PM

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 11:52 PM

Young man! Life is too precious to think things like that. I was once picked on and made fun of because I was small but as I grew older everything worked out fine for me. If you will bow your head and ask the good Lord to guide u through this time, He will and He will make u a stronger man through it. Life is always tough but life is a wonderful thing. You should hold your head high because most people would not know how to deal with all the things you have already gone through. So you are a strong young man but didn’t realize it. I will pray for you!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 11:59 PM

My fellow Tiger fan! Life is good. the greatest gift you have... Don't waste it. Explore it. call or txt me anytime.... 864-653-0147. we can go from there. God Bless you! GO TIGERS!

Nov 28, 2018, 12:19 AM

Thx and i will, thx to everyone

Nov 28, 2018, 12:00 AM

It will be better tomorrow!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 12:16 AM

It hasn't been better for him in years, what makes tomorrow different. The kid needs help, and he is reaching out for adult help the only way he knows how!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If this is legit and I assume it is then seek professional

Nov 28, 2018, 12:02 AM

Please talk to people that can help. Hang in there. It gets better. ***

Nov 28, 2018, 12:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: If this is legit and I assume it is then seek professional

Nov 28, 2018, 4:26 PM [ in reply to If this is legit and I assume it is then seek professional ]

My young tiger friend growing up can sometimes suck but life is well worth living. As we go through life their are always ups and downs and while you seem to be on tough times right now Pray to Jesus and ask him to come in to your life and go to a church and talk with someone at the church like the preacher or someone with the church and let them know your situation and you will find out that there are a lot of caring people and you will find friends, real friends not the kind that bully or put you down. Please be bold and do this and it can be life changing and you won't regret it. I will be praying for you to take this wonderful step in your life.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 12:12 AM

Call DSS and tell them your story, you can and you have the right to divorce your family, and hopefully they will find you a loving and understanding family that believe's that you deserve a normal life!!! From your story, you're not living anything close to a normal life for a 16 year old. Call DSS= the Department of Social Services!!!

Nov 28, 2018, 12:22 AM

You did an amazing thing in reaching out to a group you trust. That's a great first step. You are not alone, there are others who've been where you are. There are plenty of folks who can help you. Take the next step and start a dialog with one of them. I can tell you are a strong person and you will get through this, but you need help. Everything is easier with help, don't be afraid to ask for help.

As others have stated, the teen years can be tough, especially these days. A truism, things are never as bad as they seem. You are important, God does have a plan for you.

We're all pulling for you and sending our prayers.

Nov 28, 2018, 12:27 AM

I really appreciate it

Nov 28, 2018, 12:33 AM

Talk to a pastor. They have incredible resources. Maybe he or she can get you into a school at that church. But start praying if you don't already. Prayer is the strongest force on Earth. Good luck young man and turn your heart over to Jesus Christ. You will find peace there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 12:50 AM [ in reply to Re: HELP ]

Son I'm going to tell you that you are loved and cared about by many. I know a little bit of how hard life can be. I think most of us do & many have made it through to do great things with their lives. You can obviously tell by the people on this board that we all care for you and what you're going through.
Many (including myself) will tell you that you have a savior above that deeply cares for you and wants you to reach out to him. Please son, whatever you do..........Don't Give Up & Never Quit! You may very well be the one person that can look a young man (or woman) in the eye and honestly tell them that you have been where they are.
Things that you have been through in your life can be used to help others, if you allow them. You much stronger than you know or believe.

Proverbs 3 vs.5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.

May God Bless You & Keep You Safe!

Nov 28, 2018, 12:35 AM

Please talk with your counselors at school and look into a church with a youth group. If you can’t drive there are churches that will pick you up.
You don’t deserve this - but you can get help.
Teenagers as a whole can be very cruel. But if you ask for help you can stop the bullying and in a church you are likely to make true friends that will support you - and adults who can help.
God bless you. I am praying for you.

Nov 28, 2018, 1:02 AM

Don't be afraid to talk to a counselor. That's what they are there for. No one deserves to be bullied and I'm sure many adults at your school care about you and your well being way more than you think they do. Maybe even try and talk to the Varsity football coach and ask him for his help. If he is anything like Dabo, he will see to it that the bullying stops. High school is hard, but one thing I will promise you is that none of your classmates, or very few of them will matter to you 10 years from now. The cool kids will no longer be the cool kids. The hot girl probably won't be hot any more. Life changes, and your life will greatly change in the next 5 years. Just dig deep within yourself and muster up the courage it takes to get through. No matter what, tomorrow is a new day and an opportunity for change. No matter what, DON'T GIVE UP! Things will get better with time. I know it can be hard when things aren't great at home, but try to focus on your schooling. Be the best you can be as a student. Do everything you can to be the best you in the classroom. In these next few years, if you make good enough grades, you can get full scholarships and maybe go to Clemson or another great University. Good luck to you young man. I am sending prayers and positive vibes your way.

Sorry to hear you have had some tough breaks

Nov 28, 2018, 1:28 AM

But you have unlimited potential if you hang in there …

My parents divorced, and I had some challenges and advantages growing up, and sometimes life is figuring out what your advantages are.

As far as the girls, the best looking, funniest, strongest, smartest guy that gets attention from all the girls at 16 will not usually get all the attention at 25, 35, 45 or 55. It's because people grow up differently, and some try harder than others, and trying counts, and it pays off with a better life. And there are so many excellent young ladies out there, and they only get smarter and prettier as they get older and get out of high school. Trust me on that. No need to stress on that at 16.

You change for the better based on what you do, who you choose to hang with, and how hard you try, but don't expect life to change in a moment or in a week. But your life can change over a few months by consistently trying to do the right thing - and if you don't know what's right, ask someone you trust or respect what the right thing is and find out, even if you don't know them that well. The best way to become who you want to become is listening to smart people, and believe it or not, reading interesting books written by smart people. It helps you figure out where your interests and advantages are. And going to school and attending class is super important at your age to grow into a better future.

Success can be generational. It's hard to understand at 16, but it means hopefully as you grow older, you will remember being 16 and the tough times you are going through right now, and you will have worked on doing the right thing, and you will have some good advice and lessons learned to pass along to a son or daughter going through their own issues -- even if they don't always pay attention.

Feel free to call or text me at 912-658-0680 if you want to talk or need some advice, Soc Howell, Clemson Class of 1984.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 1:53 AM

Hey man...

You’re brave for reaching out and asking for help. I grew up in North Carolina and I too grew up wanting to play football anyway possible. Love interests will always be a thing for a young man, but I too put much interest in the approval from women when I was your age let me warn you... don’t let a lady define your self worth. Let your self esteem come from your hard work in school, on the practice field, running, service to others and being there for your family.

Just a suggestion, if you don’t feel comfortable talking to your parents or grand parents, how about trying the counselor at your school?

About bullies, try to avoid them in groups and don’t engage them, but if they put hands on you or hit you then you have to tell an adult you trust.

Now, if you can avoid violence at all cost. I’ve had lots of martial arts teachers tell me... that they would run and someone would have to chase them before they would ever fight. If you’re cornered, deliver a quick straight punch to their face and keep hitting until they stop or someone pulls you away. Realize this... whenever we fight we lose. Even if we win the fight, there’s a loss because we fought and lost our cool.

Being not well off, or not too much $:
Remember Dabo Swinney didn’t come from money either. He was very poor and slept in the same bed as his mother in college.

Pray.
Prayers, even if we don’t believe in anything Work! You’re asking your subconscious to help you find patterns and ways to your goal. You can pray to God to gods to Clemson to Dabo to the Sun to nothing at all. Say I don’t believe in this but please help me achieve my Goal to play football at Clemson.

Football:
First off watch the movie Rudy. Ask your dad if you can rent it or borrow it from someone, or find it online. Watch it and learn from his true life story, that there’s many ways to support the Tigers. With effort and focus and lots of luck maybe you can!!
-pay attention to one thing: first you have to get into Clemson in order to play on the team, so don’t skip any more classes. Also, you’ll have to maintain a GPA to even play on your high school team :) Use summer school too if you need to get those grades up.

In high school most teams will take anyone who wants to be on them. If there’s any physical limits you might have, there is 100% other ways to help out a team.
If you are physically fit enough to tryout and be get on the team. Pat on the back, that’s the first step. Now you have to commit and learn your position. Practice makes perfect. Draw up your plays in a note book yourself, make notes, listen well when you get lessons from your Coach, ask for extra help and pull the coach aside for a pointer or two after practice.

Try to play pickup games of football outside. If not watch YouTube videos about your football position in school. Search YouTube and google (Pro tips for Offensive Linemen in high school or whatever position you play in school). There’s so much information online available to you!

Try to get into a summer camp for football.

You won’t learn to Play football on Madden on PS or Xbox, but it’s fun. Always ask yourself “what’s the next right action to your football goals”.

Learn how to kick. It’s the one position in Football that if you can’t run fast, hit hard, throw a ball, catch well, then you can SPECIALIZE in KICKING! Find someone who plays soccer or rugby to help you or better yet an actual football kicker!! This will greatly improve your chance to play on many teams, if you are the best kicker.

Also know if you still don’t get the chance to play football for any reason, then I’m sure you can find a way to WORK for the team. Just tell yourself, I can do anything I set my mind to.

I believe in you man. I’ve had many dark times and many people didn’t believe me, but I’ve accomplished A LOT more than anyone of those doubters. Remember, your family deep down cares for you and if you opened up about your goals and asked for help then they will most likely help you. If they don’t believe in your goals, know there are other people who will help you ??.

Ask for help. You don’t have to do this alone. We’re with you. Your school counselor WILL help.

You can even get a new room and other people to help you call this number if you don’t feel safe at home and you can just talk to these people: 919-733-9467. Tell them what you told us. They are with Child services in North Carolina. Tell them you need help but you’re not sure who to talk to about your living with your grandma and dad.

Anyway man, know this all will get soooo much better. So much!! Buckle up man. It’s going to be a great ride.

Know this, do not do anything that’s permanent, when all of life, even the worst moments, are temporary.

Love ya man!
Go Tigers

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please talk to someone you trust.

Nov 28, 2018, 2:25 AM

Teacher, school counsellor, mentor, your dad...ANYONE. Playing football for Clemson is a great goal to have, but the only failure is a failure to try. Maybe you aren't gifted athletically and your dream isn't realistic, maybe you are. Regardless you are far too young with too many opportunities ahead of you to be considering ending it. No woman, no person can make you happy if you aren't happy with yourself. Love yourself. You deserve it.

Please TMail me if you ever need to vent or want someone to talk to. There is no problem in life that cannot be conquered with love patience and hard work.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 4:26 AM

Nov 28, 2018, 5:15 AM

Young man, first, you were so smart to reach out! See how many people do care if you just speak up to the right people?! If this many in Tigernet care, imagine how many more would care if they just knew. Yes there are plenty of cruel, heartless people out there but they are outnumbered by loving, caring people. Speak to a counselor at school right away or a pastor at a church.
I am going to pray for you! You may not feel it but God loves you beyond anything you can imagine. He wants your life to be good. Don’t ever give up! Situations will change, they always do. Be the best you can be in your studies, ask for help at school, forgive people every day and most important, love yourself and others in spite of faults and failures because God loves you so much.
Your happiness will not come from football or girls or anything outside of you. It comes from knowing you are worth so much and God made you to contribute something no one else in earth can. You may not know what it is, but He does. Keep trying, pray He shows you your path in life and don’t ever, ever give up.
You took the first brave step in speaking up to Tiger net, now make the next step and speak to a counselor or pastor. We are all praying for you!
Please check back in and let us know how you are doing. We all care about you!

Herschel Walker, one of college football's greatest players

Nov 28, 2018, 8:43 AM

in all of history was bullied and called names every day when he was young. He channeled his teenage hormones and emotions into something POSITIVE and changed his life. I suggest you go read and/or watch a documentary about his life. (And there are many other famous and successful men with his same story.)

I know it's extremely hard now; it is for millions of teenagers all over the country this very day because many kids your age can be complete jerks. (And the truth is, many of them are that way because they're unhappy and insecure themselves.)

You need to realize that sooner than you can imagine you'll be an adult who can make your own decisions about things that you can't at this point. So you need to try to weather the storm, pray to God every day to help you bring some positive, helpful, uplifting people into your life, and do all you can to channel your energy into something positive that you enjoy, while doing the best in school that you can with the best attitude that you can muster, and making smart decisions. (Try to talk to some good teachers at your school. I'm certain one of them at your school will want to help you through this.)

As long as you don't respond to all these things that are beyond your control right now by getting involved with the wrong people doing the wrong things, sooner than later you'll be in a much better position you'll be so glad you didn't do anything stupid that you can't recover from.

I knew more than one kid in high school that were in a very similar situatios, and as hard as it was for them, they were able to weather the storms of their lives, worked hard, and grew up to be a very successful men, while many of those bullies that gave them #### for years ended up being the nothings they practiced being in high school.

And if you study the history of famous, successful, good people, you'll find that most of them all went through very difficult times in their lives, and it was those difficult times that molded them into the tough, hard-working, successful people they became.

I wish you the best, and hope that you one day soon you will be able to overcome this difficult time in your life.

BB

Nov 28, 2018, 9:20 AM

FIRST---please reach out to your school counselor about the bullying. That needs to stop.

Life is good--but we all go through rough patches---you will get through this. Pro tip: I learned this a long time ago---things are NEVER as bad as they seem. They just aren't.

Tmail me anytime.

RB

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Nov 28, 2018, 9:43 AM

Wow, thank you for trusting us enough to share your feelings with us. Deep down you must be a pretty strong kid. There are many people here who have been through some hard times themselves and can give you some good advice. In fact virtually everyone has issues they have to struggle with. Finding a way to be successful is the best revenge against those who bully you so trying to improve your grades and school attendance is the 1st step towards success.
You've gotten some good advice here now I'm going to give you some weird advice. On the 1st day of school there's a place that most new students, who are being bullied, go to check out. It's the school library. Why? Because it's the safe place to go during times like lunch and mornings before school to escape bullies. The librarians are aware of this. You may need to get a teacher to write you a pass. Sometimes the school counselor may be too busy to talk to you frequently but you should look for another caring person like a classroom teacher, librarian, or coach that you can share with.
I'm sending you a virtual hug right this minute ( can you feel it?) And will stop and pray for you right now. Please come back and share with us again. Stay strong, you got this!

In addition to a pastor or counselor, sounds like this young

Nov 28, 2018, 9:52 AM

man could use a big brother or mentor in the CU athletic department. Probably many Clemson athletes from Greenville...possibly even from his school.

I know CUAD can't be all things to all people, but would love to see someone reach out to him.

To "All in", I have a son just a little older than you, and If he were feeling this way, I would hope that I would be the first one he would approach. Please sit down with your Dad, in addition to a professional.

Don't EVER Quit....Until You Quit Everything is Still In

Nov 28, 2018, 10:02 AM

Front of you. Per other messages get help, even if it is just to have another human hear your words. Once the words of pain come from your mouth you will start to feel that weight lifting. Though the vast majority of us on here come off as idiots, myself included, I would bet you 80% would take a real world action to help you preserve your life. Don't be afraid to keep asking for others to help.

There literally have been millions of souls that felt like you did, you can come through this and have many many years of fruitful life. Many of us here know we only may have a few years left but every single day is a new gift to open. Make sure you get to open all your gifts. Just because they have been painful gifts so far in no way means the future ones won't be wondrous.

Hang in There...Never Quit, even if only to prove the naysayers wrong never Quit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 11:43 AM

Most of everything you have been told in here is the truth, but one of the most important things is this, stay in school no matter how tough things can get or seem to be, the honest truth is, the moment you give up on school and getting an education, that will be the very moment that you have given up and turned away from the best tool that can ever be offered to you in your entire life. Without a good education these days and times you will be doomed to growing up without an equal chance to do good for you yourself, and the family that you will one day have. Give your children a better chance than you have had to this point in your life, and the only way for you to do that, is for you yourself to get the best education you get for yourself first. The lack of education in your family is the very reason that you are on the path that you're on today, and it's up to you to change that path for yourself and the family that you will one day have. That sounds pretty heavy for a kid your age doesn't it. That's bc it is, but you are at the age right now that those choices have to be made for you to make the changes that will lead you into a good life for yourself in the many years you have left on this earth, and many years sounds like a long time, but it's not. Be sure to take your journey through life with as much education that you can get starting today, and with God nothing is impossible, and a daily relationship with God through Jesus just makes our lives much easier to live through!!!

I realize mine is just one of many replies but

Nov 28, 2018, 12:40 PM

Young man, I hear you! I can only imagine how helpless you must feel at 16. I was a fat kid, wore glasses( before they were cool) so I was called names and physically bullied so I kinda know some of what you’re feeling. Reading your post, I honestly wish I could do something to help you more than just offer words. As this is an Internet forum without faces or names, words are my only way to reach you. Please, please try hard not to think of hurting yourself. You may not know it but you are special and worthy of love and all life has to give. You are proving you’re brave by opening up to people on here. This world is hard, some people are mean but most are kind. First step ( and this is not a ploy to push religion) call a local church, speak to one of the pastors and tell him your situation. They will help! Most churches have the means and ability to help. I care deeply about young people and would ask if you wish to communicate further, just T-mail me. I’ll respond, I promise! God Bless you my fellow Tiger!

You did the right thing in reaching out.

Nov 28, 2018, 1:06 PM

You have a good conscience and a good heart which is why you know that things aren't they way they should be. Stay focused on taking care of yourself. Set simple goals that you can accomplish on a daily basis. Always start your day by straightening up you sleep area, be it the couch or a bed. Instantly a goal was accomplished. When you have too many things to accomplish and know you can't get them all done, focus on completing one thing. Achieving incremental goals will keep pushing you to higher goals.

If your school has ROTC, consider joining it. It will give you an equal playing field. The best thing I ever did was join the Marine Corps at 17, when I also had some similar experiences to yourself. That is something nobody can ever take away from me. You have what it takes to be a Marine.

Semper Fi,
Phil

Re: You did the right thing in reaching out.

Nov 30, 2018, 6:25 PM

Yes, the military can be a great choice. They can help you with your education plus you can build a group of close friendships there. But remember, these days all branches of the military want you to get that valuable high school diploma. Let us hear how you are doing. Go Tigers!

Let us hear from you

Nov 30, 2018, 6:30 PM

#All in for clemson

Nov 30, 2018, 8:43 PM

Trust me bro life WILL get better. Idk if you believe in God or not but he believes in you. Trials will come our way and can either make or break us, it’s up to you to decide whether you will stand strong and push through or let it beat you. But you don’t have to go through this or any other storm alone. Trust in God to help you through and you can text me anytime.
843-564-2693

I hear Glee Club is cool

Nov 30, 2018, 8:59 PM

Smile.
You can make change in your life.
The world is your oyster.

203-364-6181

Nov 30, 2018, 9:05 PM

Well I'll say this. Looking at something in hopes it brings you happiness is normally a tough way to go. Listening to what fools have to say on the outside is normal, but by no means should you care about what they have to say as they don't know who you are, you're 16 so girls will come and go, money will come and go as well as you WILL grow into a great man if you spend time for that. Working on your self is the greatest way to feel good about yourself. Whether it be studying hard, working out, striving for your goals you will never regret bettering yourself. Stay strong, I will say for most people that age is tough, it's easy to see what other people have and want that which is normal but it doesn't mean that you won't have it you just don't right now which will make everything mean so much more once you accomplish just that because you will get there if you set your goals and never look back. But at the end of the day you have something nobody else will and that's a drive and reason to better yourself and that's one of the most powerful things a young adult can have especially when you realize early on that you're ready for better because the world is still in your hands and you can mold your future into something bright and I, as well as Clemson nation have your back. Your situation will change, your outcome will be what you make it, and you will overcome these obstacles and make it to success. If you EVER need someone, or a group of people to talk to feel free to let us know here if this is where you feel most comfortable. Much love from this Tiger fan and good luck young man you're going to become great. PS, Dabo was dirt poor and had no business playing for Alabama, but look at him now... It's your mindset and work now that will create your future.

Nov 30, 2018, 9:27 PM

Hey man, I’ve been there. I’m probably going to give you a different perspective than most others on this board. I grew up in the Northeast, and unlike most others here, I’m not a Godly person. I respect other’s beliefs, but I was raised differently. If believing in God can help you through it, then do that. But know that it’s just as important to believe in yourself. You are worth it. I was the small, dorky kid with no self confidence who always got bullied. I had what I call my “quarter-life” crisis around the same age that you are now. I was failing school. I thought I had no friends. I could never find a girlfriend.

The best thing I ever did was voluntarily flip a switch and told myself that I’m worth it...that I’m not a piece of sh*t; and I told myself I would never become what those bullies were to me. The more you treat people with kindness, the more you’ll get in return. Open up to someone in your life. For me it was a counselor. I was able to pick up my grades and eventually get accepted to Clemson. I graduated nearly the top of my class with a lot of effort.

Don’t sweat girls. They will eventually come. Work on yourself first. The best thing you can do is stop trying. Build your self-confidence and self-worth. You don’t have to be a jock. You don’t need to be the best looking. Learn how to make them laugh. They will come running. It may take years, but some of the best things in life take time.

I had flings in my 20s, but I still never really found what I needed in a partner for quite some time. It took me until nearly my 30’s to really figure out what I wanted out of life. I have a good job and a loving wife. Enjoy your youth and eventually it will all fall into place.

Things get better. Your life is going to be a rollercoaster, there will always be highs and lows, but try to enjoy every inch of the ride, because it will go by fast. Young man, you need to have faith in yourself. You will make it through this. You will succeed. “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” Stay positive.

Re: Bullying at school

Nov 30, 2018, 11:40 PM

Hey All In, the school district has a bullying hotline (864)452-8559 /email quicktip@greenville.k12.sc.us

Also, do you know about the School Choice program in Greenville County? If you can work out transportation you can apply to go to a different school next year, but you'll need to research the other schools THIS weekend because the application deadline is Wednesday.

Some schools have students who are more mature than other schools, and you may be able to find a school that is a better fit for you. Check out the school calendars, counseling dept pages, student organizations, and see if other schools seem to have activities that would be a good fit for you. Cha2ga's advice about ROTC is good, and there are also clubs ranging from debate to fishing to legos. It can change your whole outlook if you can find one or two good friends who will stand by you. Also consider other sports like cross country if football isn't working out for you.

If you decide another school may be an option, ask your dad if there is a way you can get to that school next year. If he agrees, talk to a school counselor Monday about the School Choice process.

Above all, hang in there man. We care and want things to work out for you!

Dec 1, 2018, 2:00 AM

Oh, my friend, I understand that at your age life can feel nasty, but please listen to your friends here and ride out the storm. I promise you good things are ahead. God has a plan and myself, my 23 year-old son, living with seizures since age 14, my whole family will pray hard for you ! You need to talk, reach out :))

Dec 1, 2018, 3:14 AM

Hey bud I don’t know much what to say but I will pray for you. Life can really suck at times, especially at your age. I was not a fan of high school at all, my best years have been afterwards. As you get older you learn who you are more, the people you come into contact with on a daily basis are older and more mature, you begin to see life differently. Being young can be very very hard. Please fight through it, fight through the pain and despair I assure you there is a better day ahead, around a corner in a way you cannot see it now.
And listen to our student athletes, our coaches how they praise God and recognize him in their speech. Our father is there for you, he will guide you and show you love, Christ is real and his love is real, reach out ask for help, and yes you will find great people at church but guard your heart at first because not all people that go to church will have the love of God in their hearts.
Best of luck to you young man on your adventure.

Dec 1, 2018, 8:04 AM

You have received some very sound suggestions. Reach out to a counselor, pastor, or other adult you trust. Look into the school choice alternative. If you can't play ball, become involved. Look into opportunities to video the games, keep stats, be a trainer or equipment manager. If I had college to do over again, I would hang out at the Sports Information dept until they put me to work. Can you imagine a better job?

I will be praying for you and I am sure many more here will also!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2018, 8:20 AM

To Help. Man really want you to have help to get you your dreams. Your r the type of person that Clemson wants. I'll pray for you please keep in touch with all of us

There is a lot of good advice in this thread, young man.

Dec 1, 2018, 8:27 AM

Know that many respect your honesty, admire your courage, and acknowledge your worth. You are loved by God and many others, even though we’ve never met. Earnest prayers for you.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic