Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mangey
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Mangey

Jan 4, 2021, 9:03 AM

The dressing down our defense got Friday night was unexpected and somewhat shocking. Absolutely no answers during the game, and our guys out of position a lot and looking confused. A lot has been made in the past of our defensive coaches ability to steal signs, especially the few days leading up to the game. Is it possible that OSU finally 'broke the code' of what we are doing and were able to circumvent our system and use it against us? Hypothetically speaking of course, we all know that God's team wouldn't cheat. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

You could have told DK where to be on every play and

Jan 4, 2021, 9:09 AM

he still would have not made the play. I think he mailed it in this year and his backups just don't have enough experience to be thrown into the fire.

Also, Fields played otherworldly during that game. He just had a REALLY hot hand which didn't help with the bad positioning in the Defensive Backfield.

Henry, Breese and Murphy will help lockdown the DL next year, maybe get XT back but not expecting it.
Venables, Jones and Simpson at LB
Got Fred Davis and Mickens to help Booth in the DBs. Greene showed some promise as well.

We wont be bad next year. Hopefully actually really good. LB is the key though. We need a "QB of the Defense" back there.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also need some upgrades at OL

Jan 4, 2021, 9:12 AM

They weren't good most of the year, but the scheme was able to cover it up most of the time. Got abused up front. The Leigh signing is a step in the right direction there.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wondering how those Freshman look. Parks, Tchio, and

Jan 4, 2021, 9:18 AM

Mays were all pretty highly rated.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess we'll see how they fit in next season

Jan 4, 2021, 9:45 AM

They certainly got a good amount of playing time this year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You could have told DK where to be on every play and

Jan 4, 2021, 2:41 PM [ in reply to You could have told DK where to be on every play and ]

Among the many disappointments, DK may be the biggest one. The guy is skilled and athletic, but his effort level was visibly poor all season long. Always backed away from contact, lazy defending passes, never helped in the run game. If he had any hope of being drafted before, anyone watching his tape from this season will stay miles away from him.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree 100%. If he was preserving himself for the NFL, he

Jan 4, 2021, 2:45 PM

would have been better served opting out. If it was something else, I hope he gets it corrected. He has INCREDIBLE athleticism.

Stealing signals isn't cheating FWIW....

Jan 4, 2021, 11:01 AM

we got out played and out coached.

What was shocking to me was the lack of in-game adjustments, which is what BV is normally so good at.

For the life of me, I can't understand why our DE's continued to bite down on the runs and not keep contain. OSU's run plays were basically head left, hole plugged, cut-back to back side for wide-open 15 yds.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AND....AND....I don't understand why we didn't bring...

Jan 4, 2021, 11:54 AM

pressure on Fields after he was hurt. It was obvious he wasn't going to be able to run. We should have been bring 6 on every play and make him move. We went for a LONG time only rushing 4.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AND....AND....I don't understand why we didn't bring...

Jan 4, 2021, 3:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct. I know it isn’t cheating,

Jan 4, 2021, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Stealing signals isn't cheating FWIW.... ]

and also I’m certain that almost all teams (if not all) are trying to do it. Not sure why we keep getting singled out for it, other than are just better at it than everyone else.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic