Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Couple of Football Tidbits
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 3,114

A Couple of Football Tidbits

Feb 17, 2021, 8:48 PM

First to the Tennessee Volunteers. I wish I could give you more information but all I know is they have named Chanelle-Smith Walker Director of Content. I have no idea what the job requirements are and with the chaos surrounding the football program I doubt if anyone associated with the program even knows what they are.

Gamecock recruiters are hot on the trail of CB Carlins Platel. Platel, a transfer from Division II Assumption University in Worcester, Mass, has entered his name in the transfer portal. The Gamecocks are fighting the Mississippi State Bulldogs for his services. Platel likes Coach Gray of the Gamecocks. He has checked out Gray's past coaching experience and saidmost of the players he has coached have gone on to play in the NFL. With a coaching record like that, maybe Dabo should hire Coach Gray to coach our corner backs.

(9:00 PM Update) I just learned Platel has committed to the Gamecocks.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Couple of Football Tidbits

Feb 17, 2021, 9:42 PM

I really think Tennessee is on the right path to a rebuild that may get them back to the glory years and start competing with Ga and Fl in a couple years.

Unfortunately for our southern chickens....not so much. Until they rid themselves of Ray Tanner and start making decisions based on merit instead of influence and politics they will continue the suckage for many many years too come

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Couple of Football Tidbits

Feb 17, 2021, 11:41 PM

They will take a commitment from anyone right now. They need numbers badly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can include Tanner because he agrees to be

Feb 18, 2021, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: A Couple of Football Tidbits ]

influenced by the politics, but the influence and politics are really the issues and I doubt if that will EVER stop... new legislators learn they have influence by being elected to a seat and then get in lockstep with their legislative "mentors" on how to keep the game going... the State House is literally on campus, so, there is nothing to pulling the prez or AD over to have a "chat"...
the board members are in the same boat as well; they have to always stop by and "pay their respects" at the State House when they come to town... it's laughable some of the convos that could be overheard at some of the local restaurants... LOL
I'm still looking forward to hearing which liquored up donor paid the muschamp buyout... LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 3,114
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic