Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Serious question here about defense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 699

Serious question here about defense

Oct 21, 2013, 12:58 PM

It's obvious that we are doing some things better. Better linebacker play, to a degree a slightly improved secondary. And we are creating pressure otherwise we wouldn't be near the top of the NCAA in sacks.

But for the life of me, can someone please explain what is the point of blitzing and rushing 6 or 7 when our corners are playing 10-12 yds off receivers???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

seems like we are worried about giving up the big play***

Oct 21, 2013, 1:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not all of the time but

Oct 21, 2013, 1:00 PM

many people are running that stop route with the slot receiver. When we are blitzing, this guy is the responsibility of the safety on many occasions. Our safeties are staying deep to prevent the big play. It puts us in a bad spot.

U can not ask that!!!!! No no no

Oct 21, 2013, 1:02 PM

That would raise good questions and we can't have that. Not after a terrible embarrassing loss. Don't u know it's better to pretend its sunny outside instead so we can repeat it someday!? Just say they were great and we had a bad night. You'll get blasted for making valid observations here

why?

Oct 21, 2013, 1:03 PM

are you upset that people don't like your crappy attitude?

There were two legitimate answers before you posted this drivel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Franc lol

Oct 21, 2013, 1:05 PM

I have said over and over we had issues and I got hammered with crap so you can suck it. We lost cause we had major issues. But let's pretend we don't . It's the forum way

okay

Oct 21, 2013, 1:06 PM

I don't know who you are, so I have no idea what you were whining about before this current whining.

Re: Serious question here about defense

Oct 21, 2013, 1:08 PM

I don't understand, either.

That strategy is reliant on the QB succumbing to the pressure and throwing-off target passes. You hope that in 3 plays, the QB maybe completes 1 pass for a few yards, throws one off-target, and then the blitz gets to him on the other.

That whole strategy sucks when you have a QB who can hit guys in stride despite decent pressure.

It sucks even more when you have shifty WRs who can get YAC --- and a secondary that, for some reason, does not know how to take an angle/tackle a talented receiver.

It's not an easy thing - more like a "pick your poison."

You are correct. You don't know me

Oct 21, 2013, 1:08 PM

I think the coaches need to stop embarrassing us with garbage play for all these millions they make

Replies: 8
| visibility 699
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic