Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Been around a long time, watched alot of Football...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Been around a long time, watched alot of Football...

Oct 8, 2018, 9:22 AM

Coached for 20 years at the high school level. But what we witnessed Saturday against Wake was pitiful. Wake looked like they had no plan on defense, 2-High safeties to stop the deep ball, and yet when it was thrown it was like the safties went to the sideline to get a drink. Then ball carriers break past 1st line of defense, the 2nd and third levels again must have have to go to the restroom, get a snack or just laid down. Never seen anything like that. I was glad we finally had a breather and a stat game, but air outs up a better fight than wake did. Clawson has got to be looking for a way out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Been around a long time, watched alot of Football...

Oct 8, 2018, 9:23 AM

Sorry that should have read "Puts up a better fight".

You’re right plus Doomers must have beat the Snot & Fight out of them..

Oct 8, 2018, 9:29 AM

since Wake normally competes much better.

And, why we shouldn’t brag or get complacent about the 63 rather easy points.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For Wake, it was a case of pick your poison...

Oct 8, 2018, 9:32 AM

As I am sure you know, when running the cover 2, the defense typically can't place eight defenders in the box to guard against the run and Clemson exploited that space/seam between the safeties all afternoon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 8, 2018, 9:33 AM

Agreed. I have never seen as many runs where it appeared nobody was on the 2nd level. Wake was obviously playing up in the box and we had some solid run designs that exploited their alignments.

My biggest excitement in this game was the defenses performance. It was the first complete game they have had where they looked like what we dreamed about all offseaeson. Wake is definitely not a terrible team but it was nice to see us make them look like one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 9:36 AM

I listened to the Wake postgame show. Apparently, Wake had a lot of injuries at the linebacker and secondary spots. Saturday, they had a bunch of inexperienced guys in and guys playing new positions. It was a recipe for disaster.

You Should Have Been At The 1981 Wake Game 82-24

Oct 8, 2018, 9:38 AM

I was and trust me, this Wake team put up a better fight...

Any one that is old enough to remember and attended that game will back me up I should think.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

That was my freshman year...

Oct 8, 2018, 9:46 AM

Clemson scored on all but two possessions that day and had over 750 yards of total offense.

It was one of those rare weekends when the soccer team wasn't traveling for a road match. We actually played Pfeiffer at home the following day and won 6 - 0.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: You Should Have Been At The 1981 Wake Game 82-24

Oct 8, 2018, 9:46 AM [ in reply to You Should Have Been At The 1981 Wake Game 82-24 ]

You are absolutely correct (I was there too)......during the 2nd half, the Coaching Staff had the PA announcer 'calling' for specific Scout Team members (who were in the stands) to report to the locker room to "suit-up" to participate in the game .......and they DID. TRUE STORY.

Oct 8, 2018, 9:50 AM [ in reply to You Should Have Been At The 1981 Wake Game 82-24 ]

I was there and the thing I remember the most is on Danny Ford's show the next day he was describing our last TD which was a long run by a walk on and Danny said he didn't know who it was but he was going to look him up at practice on Monday. True story.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 9:54 AM [ in reply to You Should Have Been At The 1981 Wake Game 82-24 ]

I was a student then. Enjoyed watching the Tiger (Zack Mills maybe) try to keep up with the pushups.

I remember seeing him in the middle of the pushups after a score, and we scored another TD as he was working on the previous TD.

Finally, the Demon Deacon from WF walked over and took over on a set for him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 10:24 AM

Ricky Capps was The Tiger for that game. Set record for most pushups, 465.

Oct 8, 2018, 10:00 AM [ in reply to You Should Have Been At The 1981 Wake Game 82-24 ]

I was there, but even then they weren't as lost in space as Saturday. Was hilarious watching the Deacon do the last pushups, though!

The '81 game was on Halloween--a true nightmare for Wake***

Oct 8, 2018, 11:17 AM [ in reply to You Should Have Been At The 1981 Wake Game 82-24 ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 8, 2018, 9:43 AM

If you watched Clawson’s post game presser, you know they have a boat load of injuries on D so they are playing guys out of position and freshmen who are not ready but forced into action

Oct 8, 2018, 9:57 AM

Then you know what its like to be on the field and know that you're out-matched, and so you just play not to get hurt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weak Florist is pathetic.***

Oct 8, 2018, 10:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic