Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LOL @ S.C. Teachers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

LOL @ S.C. Teachers

Feb 4, 2021, 7:04 AM

Worthless.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews4.com/amp/news/local/sc-teachers-want-to-be-prioritized-for-covid-19-vaccine

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not all teachers are the same. I'd start with preschool

Feb 4, 2021, 7:50 AM

and then high school teachers. Then middle school, and elementary school last.

For example I know a preschool that closed down recently when maybe 1/4 of the children, and every. single. teacher. got the virus. Teachers all had to wear masks, kids didn't/can't. High school, those kids get it and spread it as easily as adults. As such, those teachers are at the highest risk next to preschool. Middle school is next. Elementary schools are already safe and have been, they should be last. Those kids are small enough not to spread it or catch it as easily, but old enough to wear masks.

Preschool and high school teachers need the vaccine more than elementary school teachers IMO. Elementary school teachers are really at no higher risk than in the community really.

And all of the above are generally second in line after just about anyone over 65yo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not all teachers are the same. I'd start with preschool

Feb 4, 2021, 9:22 AM

I don't think teachers should be forced to go back into closed rooms with 27+ people in such an enclosed space until they have been given the vaccine. Schools districts should stay with virtual lessons until they can adequately protect their employees (many of whom are older and at risk).

OTOH, poorer, working class people all over have been forced by financial necessity to go back to work in unsafe conditions.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Special ed too...

Feb 4, 2021, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Not all teachers are the same. I'd start with preschool ]

my wife spent 4 months as a special ed assistant before going back to Speech Therapy and a big reason for it was the fact that she was in charge of adjusting snotty masks all day.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

see you probably had an argument to make

Feb 4, 2021, 7:51 AM

here, but you are lazy and dont even come up with an original thought to share on the subject. You just hurl an insult like, "worthless". Thats no good man and people just think you are a troll at that point.

Give us why you think that makes them worthless, without pointing fingers and you "might" be taken seriously.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who are you?***

Feb 4, 2021, 8:35 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Who are you?***

Feb 4, 2021, 11:30 AM

Now, that’s funny.

Hang on a second here.....Maybe I'm missing something

Feb 4, 2021, 12:49 PM [ in reply to see you probably had an argument to make ]

Just read about Gubnah Mack Master's press conference on the matter. We all know only what we all know. We don't know what other people know. So I'm gonna claim ignorance here. Our kids, (elementary and middle school) have been going to class, face to face, for months now. Since September really. Not even Hybrid. Now they do only go 4 days a week now (Friday ostensibly for extra cleaning). But classes are full again since January 3rd or whenever they went back. All the online parents opted for in person, so they're basically at or near capacity. But other than having Friday's off, it's basically normal face to face, and has been since before Thanksgiving.

Now I know the high school is hybrid, and will likely remain that way. But middle and elementary schools are basically operating normally, again with Fridays off/online for cleaning. Are there school systems in the state that are now fully online, still? I can see maybe for high schools, but not the others. And our schools in Lexington One, the hybrid high schools seem to be doing pretty well, even through the worst of this last month.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are all 5 days face to face

Feb 4, 2021, 12:52 PM

but we have a shrinking part of our population that is fully virtual.

Parents have to choose one or the other and are stuck there until the end of the semester.

We go through waves of quarantines.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: see you probably had an argument to make

Feb 4, 2021, 3:47 PM [ in reply to see you probably had an argument to make ]

Teachers are not more likely to be infected with COVID-19 than police or firefighters or grocery clerks or any of the other “essential workers” who will be able to line up for vaccinations once South Carolina finishes vaccinating medical workers, nursing home residents and people 70 and older.

In fact, they’re probably less likely, given the mounting medical research — including in Charleston County schools — that suggests it’s safer to spend time in a public school than out in the community.

They're worthless because they want...

Feb 4, 2021, 7:54 AM

To be protected against COVID?

I'd ask you for a logical explanation, but I know you're mentally incapable of it.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: They're worthless because they want...

Feb 4, 2021, 3:48 PM

Teachers are not more likely to be infected with COVID-19 than police or firefighters or grocery clerks or any of the other “essential workers” who will be able to line up for vaccinations once South Carolina finishes vaccinating medical workers, nursing home residents and people 70 and older.

In fact, they’re probably less likely, given the mounting medical research — including in Charleston County schools — that suggests it’s safer to spend time in a public school than out in the community.

You ######. That's not even a "conservative" opinion.

Feb 4, 2021, 8:21 AM

It's just trash.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: You ######. That's not even a "conservative" opinion.

Feb 4, 2021, 12:55 PM

Welcome to Trumpism. It's the political bent of internet troll culture.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know that everything has to be an "ism"

Feb 4, 2021, 2:06 PM

Some people are incredibly dumb, screwed up, misguided all on their own.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: You ######. That's not even a "conservative" opinion.

Feb 4, 2021, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: You ######. That's not even a "conservative" opinion. ]

Re: LOL @ S.C. Teachers

Feb 4, 2021, 8:23 AM

It is a tough call. There are lots of reasons for many groups to be near the front of the line. Time will solve this...

You're pathetic, and I'd feel bad for you if you weren't

Feb 4, 2021, 8:33 AM

such a little beotch.

Re: You're pathetic, and I'd feel bad for you if you weren't

Feb 4, 2021, 3:48 PM

Frontline essential workers are next

Feb 4, 2021, 8:39 AM

they will find out soon when they can get vaccinated. It should be within a couple of months.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Teachers being at 1B phase is accurate

Feb 4, 2021, 8:41 AM

teachers should not be ahead of front line healthcare workers. My wife who handles COVID patients daily should have the shot before me.

I'm not sure who is arguing that they should jump to first in line.

I think the argument to be made here is why are we still in 1A and not in 1B by now in SC. We were told 4 weeks ago that we would be in phase 1b in 2 weeks.

Re: Teachers being at 1B phase is accurate

Feb 4, 2021, 8:56 AM

On February 8th, those 65 and over can schedule. It's been this way in FL, GA and NC -so go figure. I do think teachers should be moved up as they are in small areas with a lot of individuals. No one seems to want to think even just a little bit about this. I have a friend 63 who is immunocompromised based on having had a liver transplant. He has to wait. I know a young man in his 30's in the hospital likewise immunocompromised secondary to cancer and he too can't get the vaccine, while my 66 yr old marathon runner friend medical administrator is good to go. Ridiculous.

its should be like the draft

Feb 4, 2021, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Teachers being at 1B phase is accurate ]

you get a card and wait for your number to pop up. That would be a lot of fun. Uncle Jerry who is dying from liver failure, but needs to go to the bar, his card gets pulled before Dr. Timmy who does surgery on kids.

That would cause mass chaos and anger and would spark the nuclear meltdown that is due upon this Nation. RHTig could then gain control.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: its should be like the draft

Feb 4, 2021, 12:31 PM

Doctors nationwide are in the very front of the line. I don't know of anyone advocating otherwise. Not that it matters, but the friend I referenced with the liver transplant didn't drink. He developed Hepatitis C from a blood transfusion. However, I'm in favor of putting immunocompromised people of all causes including heavy drinkers, smokers and HIV+ individuals closer to the front to get the vaccine. Those individuals whether they have engaged in risky behavior or not to become immunocompromised, if infected with COVID, will more likely require hospitalization, prolonged hospitalization and a stay in the ICU. Vaccinating these individuals earlier is the smart play form both a monetary and resource standpoint.

you know what is worthless

Feb 4, 2021, 9:14 AM

some dude that sits on the internet averaging 5 threads a day about how stupid other people are.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes but you’ve definitely been nicer lately

Feb 4, 2021, 12:35 PM

Re: you know what is worthless

Feb 4, 2021, 3:49 PM [ in reply to you know what is worthless ]

There's essentially a 0% chance the kids will infect the

Feb 4, 2021, 9:31 AM

teachers (masks or no masks). All of their hysteria is bullsh*t.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haven't some teachers in SC died from it?***

Feb 4, 2021, 10:10 AM

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

That's what the main stream media wants you to think***

Feb 4, 2021, 10:21 AM

That doesn't prove anything for several reasons.

Feb 4, 2021, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Haven't some teachers in SC died from it?*** ]

1) There's no telling where they caught it
2) PCR tests are grossly inaccurate with false positives
3) That's assuming they were ever tested, all that's required for a "covid death" is suspicion of covid

I could go on, but there's no need.

Hmm Doctor it seems like he was complaining of loss

Feb 4, 2021, 10:31 AM

of taste and smell last week. He tested positive for COVID. Then his lung filled with fluid and blood clots. We had to put him on a vent but it didn't help

Now he's dead.

Whatever could it be?

@CharlestonTom®: Image result for shoulder shrug gif

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

Except that's not how it goes.

Feb 4, 2021, 10:43 AM

"He got run over by a truck?"

"Chalk another one up for that 'rona! Cha-ching!"

Re: Except that's not how it goes.

Feb 4, 2021, 10:44 AM

Image result for tin foil hat gif

Re: That doesn't prove anything for several reasons.

Feb 4, 2021, 2:39 PM [ in reply to That doesn't prove anything for several reasons. ]

I think it's pretty certain that the claim that there's a zero percent chance teachers can catch COVID from their students is an absurd one.

But you don't think any of this is real, so I won't be able to convince you. Sadly, it'll take you losing someone to it to probably wake you up to it.

The sad part is that so many people think their loved ones

Feb 4, 2021, 2:41 PM

have died from Covid when in reality it was just their time to go. It's criminal what has been done in the name of government power.

Soooo...

Feb 4, 2021, 3:08 PM

You don't think COVID has killed anyone?

Re: There's essentially a 0% chance the kids will infect the

Feb 4, 2021, 2:20 PM [ in reply to There's essentially a 0% chance the kids will infect the ]

Greenville County Schools have had 3 employees die in the last 3 weeks.

Frankly, Jesus would be ashamed of you.

They've never had any employees die before?***

Feb 4, 2021, 2:37 PM

Re: They've never had employees die weekly before?***

Feb 4, 2021, 2:43 PM

fixed it for you

I’ll just respond to everyone at once

Feb 4, 2021, 11:21 AM

Ummmmmmmm...WORTHLESS!

I think we're learning one of two things here...

Feb 4, 2021, 2:45 PM

Either you had nothing but worthless teachers based on your logic and communication skills on this board, or you were just the kid who didn't do his work and acted like a little ########, and then his mother came in crying to the teacher about how it wasn't your fault you sucked in the class.

Re: I think we're learning one of two things here...

Feb 4, 2021, 3:49 PM

I have mixed emotions on it

Feb 4, 2021, 12:42 PM

Attacking teachers? This is the hill you want to die on?

Feb 4, 2021, 2:15 PM

Man, new low for you.

"We need kids back in schools!"

"OMG why are we trying to vaccinate teachers?!"

Morons.

Re: Attacking teachers? This is the hill you want to die on?

Feb 4, 2021, 3:50 PM

teachers, lol

Feb 4, 2021, 6:24 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAg9M-O9wGo

Re: teachers, lol

Feb 4, 2021, 6:25 PM

lol, he’s the best.

It's sad how little respect teachers get in the South

Feb 10, 2021, 4:55 PM [ in reply to teachers, lol ]

It's no wonder Red states rank at the bottom of the country in education, wealth, and GDP.

Guy spends 6 years pencil pushing in the army and he's a hero vet.

Guy gets a 4 year degree and devotes his career to spending 7 hours a day molding our future generations, just to be underpaid and overworked? He's lazy and whiney.

Re: It's sad how little respect teachers get in the South

Feb 10, 2021, 5:05 PM

Yea, all those super successful geniuses from the north are going to public schools.

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic