Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yet Again, Dabo Called It
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,646

Yet Again, Dabo Called It

Oct 31, 2020, 9:00 PM

He said we would learn what this team was made going into half. Couldn’t agree.

In my opinion, we learned:
1. This team has heart
2. This team has talent
3. This team has depth
4. This team can win with multiple key players missing

That said, I am also left feeling we will not win a championship if ETN or Tyler Davis are injured. Sure, you can argue that TL is the best player in CFB, and I would not argue, but our offense is scary good with ETN on the field, merely good without. Same for the defense with Tyler Davis.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yet Again, Dabo Called It

Oct 31, 2020, 9:12 PM

I have told anybody who would listen - I would absolutely make stopping Travis Etienne my first priority if I played Clemson as a DC. Why? Because if he gets it at any point he can take it to the house. You don't want him to get going "literally"! Clemson is unbeatable if he gets going. Take him away and make Trevor Lawrence beat me. More to the point - make the protection hold up! Make the WR's make contested catches! Make TL be accurate!

You have no shot if 9 gets going - none!

Tyler Davis - beast! I agree with you on this too! Bresee grew up that much more today! Pair him with Tyler Davis and you have a DL that is disruptive. Without those two on the field you just have "solid hold the line DT play"! Not disruptive - just hold the line! Huge difference! You have to make plays and get off blocks and some of our DT's are just not good at doing that. They are good at holding ground - but not dictating to the offense. As Murphy gets more reps he will also join Davis and Bresee. He is already there perhaps actually. We need Foster and Skalski back!

I would put Skalski in the mix with Davis and Etienne! We have to have those three guys healthy to make a deep run at any possible chance at a CFP.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2020, 9:19 PM

I honestly think ETN is the best player in college football. Trevor Lawrence is the best QB and due to the importance of the QB position he’s viewed as the best.

I actually think we’ll miss ETN more next season than we will Lawrence largely due to having D.J. It’s not that we don’t ha e other talented running backs, but we may never see another one as special as ETN.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2020, 9:22 PM

I tend to agree but I said the same thing about CJS

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,646
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic