Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Clemson's schedule is one of the easiest in the P-5"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

"Clemson's schedule is one of the easiest in the P-5"

Apr 25, 2019, 7:33 AM

My take: if Clemson wasn't so dang good, extremely talented and well coached, their schedule would be more competitive.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, that's the flaw in that statement because the nerd

Apr 25, 2019, 9:41 AM

who said it relied on Clemson being a favorite in every game and a heavy favorite in most of the games. It's a stupid way to look at it. Essentially the reason our schedule looks easy is because we're just head and shoulders better than everyone else and the 44-16 ho-slapping of Bama is still fresh in everyone's memory.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

My main beef with it is

Apr 25, 2019, 9:45 AM

That you can’t determine how hard a schedule is in April. You have to get at least halfway through the season to see what these teams actually look like. Case in point: FSU started out the last 2 years as top 5 and top 20 respectively and those teams were nowhere near that good. Who we think is going to be good in April might not be good in October and vice versa.

Plenty to pick apart in that statement but that’s my biggest issue.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't disagree, but you also can't expect the media to

Apr 25, 2019, 10:08 AM

wait until October to start thinking about SOS.

When you think about it, everyone we play has a tough schedule because they play us. Same with Alabama. The coots can talk about how much harder their schedule is than ours because it's true. That last game in November they have to play the best team in the country while our last game in November is against an SEC bottom feeder.

Furthermore, if we give teams like TAMU, Cuse, GT, BC, FSU, etc a beatdown like the one we gave Bama, it hurts their rankings and hurts our SOS. So at the end of the day, MyfavOrange®'s point stands whether we look at it in April or October, if we weren't the best team in the country our schedule would look tougher.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I believe you could give us ANYONES 2019 schedule, and we

Apr 25, 2019, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Yes, that's the flaw in that statement because the nerd ]

would be favored in every game. Does that make EVERYONES schedule easy?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No sir.. argument is legit..

Apr 25, 2019, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Yes, that's the flaw in that statement because the nerd ]

So when Bama is heavily favored in all their games..it will prove the SEC is weak.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

+1 for ho-slapping!!!!***

Apr 25, 2019, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Yes, that's the flaw in that statement because the nerd ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: +1 for ho-slapping!!!!***

Apr 25, 2019, 8:28 PM

The correct term is Pimp Hand.

On paper it's very easy. The keys are:

Apr 25, 2019, 10:09 AM

1. Will Louisville be better? Probably not.
2. Will Tech be better? Probably not.
3. Will State be better? Probably not.
4. Will FSU be better? I think so.
5. Will Cuse be better? Probably not.
6. Will Wake be better? Probably not.
7. Will UNC be better? I think so. Can't get any worse.
8. Will BC be better? Probably not.
9. Will A&M be better? Probably not
10. Will SCU be better? I think so.

So, IMO, it will be easier in 2019 and pretty soft overall.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You might want to come back off that limb you just climbed

Apr 25, 2019, 10:59 AM

out. SMH

Re: On paper it's very easy. The keys are:

Apr 25, 2019, 11:25 AM [ in reply to On paper it's very easy. The keys are: ]

I realistically think we might not face a 10win level team until the playoff. I think the rest of the Atlantic pulls a "coastal" and bunches around the barely bowl eligible level and keeps tripping over themselves.

1. Will Louisville be better? Yes but awful. (4-8)
2. Will Tech be better? A lot worse (4-8)
3. Will State be better? Slightly worse (7-6).
4. Will FSU be better? Slightly better (6-7).
5. Will Cuse be better? Slightly worse (8-5) .
6. Will Wake be better? Slightly better (7-6)
7. Will UNC be better? Much better (5-7)
8. Will BC be better? Much Better (9-4)
9. Will A&M be better? About the same (9-4)
10. Will SCU be better? A lot worse (5-7)

ACCCG: Slightly better, likely a 8-4 or 9-3 opponent. Still, more likely a team that stumbled into first in the coastal rather than "winning it".

Why do you think BC will be better with

Apr 25, 2019, 11:53 AM

the great players they lose? Also, SCU will be better but have a worse record.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do you think BC will be better with

Apr 25, 2019, 1:50 PM

I see BC as a bellwether team. Addazio can produce a very similar product from year to year(see that 5 of the past 6 years with 7 wins). It isn't that BC is all that much better but I expect the Atlantic to be weaker with less talent gap, thus coaching consistency will be more of a premium and equate to more wins.

Their OOC is weak (Rutgers, Richmond, Kansas) so hopefully they take care of business there. Standard game with ND, and then they have VT at home and Pitt so not very hard Coastal opponents.

Thus someone has to win games in the Atlantic other than us, and I don't think it is unreasonable for them to be 6-2 or 5-3 in conference + 3-1 OOC. I expect FSU to remain weak, NC State to be very weak, Cuse to be dependent on their QB team, Louisville to be weak, Wake to be Wake. So if there is a team to finish second in the Atlantic, why not BC? Really it is between BC and Cuse and I don't think NCState will reload offensively and I don't think FSU will keep its locker room focused. So it comes down to if Cuse can get a QB functioning or if BC is greater than the sum of its parts.

Re: "Clemson's schedule is one of the easiest in the P-5"

Apr 25, 2019, 11:11 AM

You have made one of the best points about SOS. People fail to realize in Clemson’s case they have built one of the most talented programs that I can remember in recent college football history. When OSU and Bama were dominating CF IMO there dominance and SOS should be judged the same merits. They were just more talented the the rest of the teams in their conference. Rarely do you have a team like Clemson that is so much more superior in talent than the other teams in their conference. I will go as far as to say they are more dominate and more talented than any previous ACC team I have seen since the formation of the conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama's schedule is one of the easiest in the P-5

Apr 25, 2019, 11:37 AM

Bama has a ridiculously easy schedule. Why is no one ragging on Bama's schedule?

Bama starts off with Duke, New Mexico, South Carolina, Southern Miss, Ole Miss,TAMU, Tennessee and Arkansas. That is 8 wins and the toughest game will be at TAMU, whom Clemson will have already played.

Is that a hard 8 game schedule? No. It's easy.

Then after a week off Bama gets LSU. Big bad LSU, right? Bama has beaten LSU 7 straight times. 7 straight times. Why do people keep hyping LSU as a big challenge to Bama?

Then Bama gets Mississippi State against who Bama is 14-1 in the most recent 15 games, then Western Carolina. Someone convince that through 11 games, Bama has a tough schedule. Please try.

Then the Tide plays Auburn, a team that has lost 20 games in the last four years and whom Clemson has beaten four times in a row. Is the Iron Bowl the game that makes Bama's schedule tough? Auburn's last win over Bama took a miracle and is more or less like the Clemson losses to Syracuse and Pitt in recent years.

Bama has one of the easiest schedules in the P-5. Bama could not lose 2 games against that schedule if Tua broke his leg in game 2 and did not come back all year.

Why does Bama get no grief for playing an easy schedule. ?History? We beat LSU,Tennessee, Auburn,and TAMU last time out. So did Bama. Same-Same.

Clemson lost 2 ACC conference games in the last four years. And we lost 2 to Bama.
Bama lost 3 SEC games in the last four years (two of them were to Ole Miss and the kick-6 at Auburn).
And Bama lost twice to Clemson.

Same-Same. Bama plays one of the easiest schedules in the P-5.

Good point. Old Miss, UT, and Arky

Apr 25, 2019, 11:51 AM

are just as bad as anyone in the ACC not named Louisville.

I agree, MFO. It simply does not matter--we'll play any team

Apr 25, 2019, 11:49 AM

Who wants to be next? Anyone?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

We could schedule Bama's D2 foes and...

Apr 25, 2019, 2:44 PM

beat them like we beat Alabama. Reckon that would boost our SOS up with Alabama?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Clemson's schedule is one of the easiest in the P-5"

Apr 25, 2019, 5:49 PM

You know what, the ACC is down lately and looks to remain that way. But when you go out and win them all including dismantling both of your playoff opponents, who cares? I don’t disagree that the SEC and B1G have some much better teams than the ACC. Heck, even the Big12 is probably harder to go undefeated, but the post season product I saw on the field last season should remove all doubt and silence the SOS argument. SOS would be more valid if we played an easy schedule and got smoked.......but we did the smoking!

Hey look everyone! The suckeye fan is back^^^

Apr 25, 2019, 5:54 PM

You’re a little late but we can still celebrate our second national championship in three years with you. And oh BTW you’re delusional if you think your beloved BIG doesn’t give the suckeyes an easier path to the playoff.

Clemson 2018=GOAT

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic