Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly vs Stoudt vs Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Kelly vs Stoudt vs Watson

Dec 19, 2013, 10:32 AM

While Stoudt has the better experience level and maturity factor his lack of running ability in a zone read offense makes him the lesser choice. Even though he has an accurate arm and can do the check downs, he isn't the ideal choice for our QB b/c he is more of a pocket passer. He could be good in relief roles as he was for Tajh. He has a maturity about him that can be good.

Kelly is more of true fit for Morris' offense. Has a good arm and great running ability. The concern I have with him is that he tends to take off if his primary receiver is covered. Or at least it seemed that way to me when I re-watched some of his plays this year. As far as confidence goes he has it in bunches.

Watson is a great get for the recruiters but he is untested at D1 level. He will have a lot of learning to do once he reaches campus. He seems to have all the skills necessary to run Morris' offense. Can he do it in the Valley?

In my opinion the depth chart next year is gonna look like this after the spring game.

1. Kelly
2. Stoudt
3. Watson

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

would be nice to RS him like Winston***

Dec 19, 2013, 10:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly vs Stoudt vs Watson

Dec 19, 2013, 10:49 AM

If kelly can just do another 360 and then one more 180 he could potentially be the starter next year.

If Cole isn't the starter by the spring game I think

Dec 19, 2013, 10:50 AM

he will transfer shortly after. I hope Chad ends up winning the job based off his running ability but Cole can go and start for just about any FCS team and a good amount of FBS schools.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole transfer.

Dec 19, 2013, 11:12 AM

If Cole transfers he losses a year of eligibility does he not? This would make him unable to transfer with him being a senior.

You don't lose a year, you just have to wait a year.***

Dec 19, 2013, 11:22 AM

Re: You don't lose a year, you just have to wait a year.***

Dec 19, 2013, 11:33 AM

Thanks

And ony if he goes to FBS

Dec 19, 2013, 11:45 AM

If he chooses to go to FCS he does not have to sit out a year

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I fully expect Chad to not "name a starter" until fall camp

Dec 19, 2013, 11:21 AM [ in reply to If Cole isn't the starter by the spring game I think ]

for this very reason.

Stoudt is no Mike Vick, but he can run just fine, more than

Dec 19, 2013, 11:03 AM

well enough to run the offense. And his maturity and passing ability give him the lead over Kelly. Points and big plays come through the passing game.

Agree.***

Dec 19, 2013, 11:29 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly vs Stoudt vs Watson

Dec 19, 2013, 11:09 AM

Well if you look at how Dabo has played his QBs according to their tenure in the past, he won't play someone based on if they perform better...but based on seniority. Tommy Bowden did this as well. Plays someone till the dying end regardless of how bad they are playing.

There were multiple times where Taj was so far off that they should have pulled him even if just for a few plays to get his head straight and give a backup QB a chance. But it seems that the Clemson coaching staff has the same mindset as we've seen over the past decade.

Pulling Tajh

Dec 19, 2013, 11:17 AM

Dabo didn't pull Tajh because I believe he made him certain promises for coming back this year. He breaks those promises and Tajh may not help recruit and he may lose the respect of other team members he has made promises to. Plus I think Dabo knows that if you pull Tajh you break his spirit because he seems fragile. If Stoudt or Kelly would have came in and struggled Tajh may have been even worse going in. I just think it was a very delicate situation with Boyd.

Tajh was the annointed one.***

Dec 19, 2013, 11:33 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, you would have thought that THE CHAD could have

Dec 19, 2013, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Pulling Tajh ]

worked Cole (or Kelley) into a couple of pre game scripted series to get a spark or built confidence for next year especially after the FSU non-game performance. I am hoping that we will see some series in the bowl game especially if Tajh needs a break.

Every offense picks their leader

Dec 19, 2013, 11:19 AM

It will be interesting to see who the other 10 men on offense will play the hardest for. Every team seems to move better with one QB versus another. Will they respond to

quiet maturity with ability = Stoudt

Brash confidence with ability = Kelly

Off the chart raw skills with inexperience = Watson

Yes, probably will be two QB system until a clear leader

Dec 19, 2013, 3:01 PM

is chosen.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic