Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Brownell still our basketball coach? I've been sorta
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Is Brownell still our basketball coach? I've been sorta

Nov 10, 2020, 12:41 PM

Under a rock since this whole Covid deal started and haven't really paid attention to Clemson sports outside of football.

Couldn't remember if he was still around or if we hired that guy from LSU or Wofford or wichita

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Brownell still our basketball coach? I've been sorta

Nov 10, 2020, 1:10 PM

Young from Wofford at VT for 2nd season; guy from LSU is a NCAA hazard & some current allegations at Wichita St. on Marshall about player mistreatment. Doubt any of those are in current equation, if we were looking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes he is and I'm hoping for a pretty good season this

Nov 10, 2020, 1:12 PM

coming year. Go Tigers!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, he is still our coach.

Nov 10, 2020, 1:26 PM

He is poised to have a good team this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Yes, he is still our coach.

Nov 10, 2020, 1:30 PM

Sims returning was a very big plus for this team. It appears that the young guys coming in are quality players too. Let’s hope for a good year and support this team fully.

I wonder how much we will be allowed to support them

Nov 10, 2020, 1:32 PM

If they will only let 20% capacity in an OUTDOOR stadium....

I wonder if they will let anyone at all in an INDOOR stadium.

Insanity.

Nov 10, 2020, 1:51 PM

How big a rock we talking?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2020, 1:52 PM

User Logo
Caddie
All-TigerNet [11842]
TigerPulse: 96%
Is Brownell still our basketball coach? I've been sorta [1]
Posted: Nov 10, 2020 12:41 PM

Under a rock since this whole Covid deal started and haven't really paid attention to Clemson sports outside of football.

Couldn't remember if he was still around or if we hired that guy from LSU or Wofford or wichita

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. maybe you should just stay under that rock

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep & we're picked 13th in the preseason***

Nov 10, 2020, 3:16 PM

Out of all 319 D1 skools ? ? That's purdy good - right ?***

Nov 10, 2020, 4:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: yep & we're picked 13th in the preseason***

Nov 10, 2020, 8:14 PM [ in reply to yep & we're picked 13th in the preseason*** ]

Should be better than half the ACC at least. Duke bbal report:
"With quality size, a solid backcourt rotation and some mid-size athletes, not to mention a very deep roster, we think the Tigers should be much better this year. Moving up is never easy in the ACC, but you can’t rule it out, particularly with a quality coach."

That would be reasonable based solely on our school’s support for basketball

Nov 10, 2020, 8:27 PM [ in reply to yep & we're picked 13th in the preseason*** ]

compared to the rest of the ACC.

However, we have a really talented group of players and a great staff. We will do much better than 13th.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: That would be reasonable based solely on our school’s support for basketball

Nov 10, 2020, 8:29 PM

Who’s gonna step into that arc shooter role this year. Ball in his hands when it counts guy you think??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Several good options, but I’m going to go with Al-Amir Dawes.***

Nov 10, 2020, 8:53 PM

Re: Several good options, but I’m going to go with Al-Amir Dawes.***

Nov 10, 2020, 9:37 PM

I like Mr. Dawes myself. I’m guessing he has worked his handling and maybe bulked a bit.

He’s special, no doubt. I hope he keeps that edge!

where are you getting 13th??

Nov 10, 2020, 9:37 PM [ in reply to yep & we're picked 13th in the preseason*** ]

Haven’t seen one preseason prediction or magazine that didn’t have us lower than 10th. Most have us in top half as NCAAT decent bet. 4 starters back and a top twenty recruiting class will do that.

Re: where are you getting 13th??

Nov 10, 2020, 9:41 PM

Does it burn you to say that?

Nov 10, 2020, 9:37 PM

It will be another year of missed opportunity. Will underperform as usual. One of these days maybe ten years in the future someone will wake up and realize we need a new coach. He will probably get another extension for a year of mediocrity.

Nov 10, 2020, 9:43 PM

Understanding basketball isn’t for everybody.

Nov 10, 2020, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Is Brownell still our basketball coach? I've been sorta ]

Nov 10, 2020, 10:08 PM

Thank you for TD’ing him with your Scok, @bloodbeorange....

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic