Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Winner of this years Natty will have an..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Winner of this years Natty will have an..

Aug 12, 2020, 10:17 AM

AS-TER-“RISK” beside their name in the record books.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Winner of this years Natty will have an..

Aug 12, 2020, 10:25 AM

Who cares about an asterisk??? It should be noted by the asterisk that the Natty was won by a team that had enough balls to play!

*******************************************************************************************************

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aaah! You must be watching

Aug 12, 2020, 10:26 AM

ESPN - the panel just said it would not be legit!! I don't care - I want our TIGERS to play! - safely, of course. GO TIGERS!

I can't believe ESPN said it would not be legit, as long as

Aug 12, 2020, 11:23 AM

their beloved SECheat is still in it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Aaah! You must be watching

Aug 12, 2020, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Aaah! You must be watching ]

The panel might have said it, but that does not make it so. Who gave the talking heads the authority to decide? CNN might declare Biden the next president, but we shall see.

Aug 12, 2020, 10:29 AM

What would the Tigers rather have, an asterisk or a trophy? I'm betting on the trophy because we all know the B1G and Pac12 weren't going to get a chance at it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

as they should. It's basically a fall jamboree/crap shoot

Aug 12, 2020, 10:29 AM

Can't really crown a champ when not all teams are playing and those that do are just the ones whose best players happen to not get COVID.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: as they should. It's basically a fall jamboree/crap shoot

Aug 12, 2020, 11:17 AM

It all started even with each conference and team - same coronavirus and same opportunity. "We" are the choices we make and have to live with the consequences. The conferences that opted out made their choice and are no longer part of the equation. Life goes on.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed on that part of it, but there's still COVID roulette.

Aug 12, 2020, 12:16 PM

If the stars on a good team all test positive and have to sit out two games and that team loses, doesn't that put an asterisk on whoever eventually emerges as the "champ"? They would certainly not be the best, most deserving team. Just the team with the best players who didn't test positive.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: agreed on that part of it, but there's still COVID roulette.

Aug 12, 2020, 12:28 PM

In any given year if the stars on a good team miss games due to Flu, food poisoning, or other illness and that team loses, there is no asterisk. So why would this be different? You win or lose with the players you have available to play regardless of illness, injury, or suspensions. That's why having a deep bench is so important.

right, but this is a pandemic with no treatment/vaccine

Aug 12, 2020, 1:17 PM

and spreading it can be greatly minimized by wearing masks, avoiding crowds, hand washing, etc. Doing things that clearly will spread it is negligence.

Re: agreed on that part of it, but there's still COVID roulette.

Aug 12, 2020, 12:36 PM [ in reply to agreed on that part of it, but there's still COVID roulette. ]

How do you know Justin Fields will get COVID? Is any other team in the B1G relevant? When Dexter Lawrence sat out vs Bama and ND did it stop Clemson?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: as they should. It's basically a fall jamboree/crap shoot

Aug 12, 2020, 12:39 PM [ in reply to as they should. It's basically a fall jamboree/crap shoot ]

Not a valid argument. Teams lose great players to injury every year. The school that fields a team can’t be measured by those who don’t show up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2020, 10:37 AM

Clemson’s title this year will be more valid than a bunch of Bama’s.

I'll take it

Aug 12, 2020, 11:21 AM

More than OK with an asterisk.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is there an asterisk beside all the teams claiming nattys,

Aug 12, 2020, 11:22 AM

but never had to play a single playoff game?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, and it will say Clemson's 2020 footabll team fought

Aug 12, 2020, 11:22 AM

through all the adversities of the Year of Adversities and was still able to beat the second and third best teams in the country to win its fourth Championship.

Nah, they will just say that whoever we beat was tired

Aug 12, 2020, 11:26 AM

from battling Covid along with their tough SEC schedule. (Unless by some mere achle a Big 12 school was the opponent in the championship game, then they will think up another excuse. Can't give us credit for a straight up win, ya know.) :)

Aug 12, 2020, 11:44 AM

Maybe we can catch to the SEC teams with all those fake “claimed” titles from the 20s and 30s.

Big10 and Pac will too ----- * QUITTERS

Aug 12, 2020, 11:44 AM

Didn't even try

null

Aug 12, 2020, 12:00 PM

One interesting question is what happens if the Big 10 and Pac 12 actually do play spring football? Will they get their own Championship?

Aug 12, 2020, 12:29 PM

https://twitter.com/travisrecek/status/1293583162786840576?s=21

We may not even have a playoff at this point

Uh, Bama claims a championship based on the Houlgate Poll.

Aug 12, 2020, 12:49 PM

So I think we'll be okay.

Seriously, I don't care. If we play and make it to a championship game and win it, I don't care if it's just the ACC that plays. We showed up and took care of business, I'm claiming it. Ohio State was welcome to join the party and did not. Not our fault. Just like it wouldn't be our fault if suddenly Bama and Ohio State went on probation and had post-season bans.

As it stands now, we're playing...we offered to play SC and their conference said no. We would have gladly played a Big Ten playoff team and they said no. We brought Notre Dame into our conference. The SEC is playing. The Big 12 is playing. That works for me. They can discount it all they want, but if we win it, I'm celebrating with the team.

null

Aug 12, 2020, 12:52 PM

I would agree if the Big 10 and Pac 12 were being excluded from playing. They're choosing to opt out.

They'll have a trophy in their trophy case too.***

Aug 12, 2020, 12:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"AS-TER----ROID"

Aug 12, 2020, 1:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2020, 1:22 PM

Asterisk for a good reason. Whoever wins it decided to play the season and ignoring calls to cancel. This season will set the all time record for distractions.

Aug 12, 2020, 3:23 PM

How many asterisks will nd have if they the ACC and a Natty? Would 37 be enough?

Aug 12, 2020, 3:45 PM

Of course they will say that but who really cares. I am sure whoever wins it will hang a banner. Some have said they wont have a playoff in this scenario but cant see that. Everyone will want all the revenue they can get.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic