Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What does this guy get from this?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 1,360

What does this guy get from this?

Jan 10, 2021, 10:59 PM

I mean is there a steady check coming this or something?

https://parler.com/post/4cf02baf4a9d4550a29ce0a2483e47ad

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

more of this

Jan 10, 2021, 11:02 PM

https://parler.com/post/a3dedb5a4f0b4f55b4a13e9abe47789c

Re: more of this

Jan 10, 2021, 11:08 PM

Even more reason Trump is unfit for office.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weird. In some sort of dark way - like when you'd like to

Jan 10, 2021, 11:22 PM [ in reply to more of this ]

see something you don't really want to happen, like an invasion of interstellar aliens - one can almost wish most of that is true and comes to light. We have been arguing ourselves to death over penny ante stuff, elevating peripheral issues to civil war status, while we have become in debt to the tune of almost a half million per family while turning a free market economy into a oligarchy.

Rather than going down in idiocy like a couple in a doublewide who couldn't put the credit cards down, lets go ahead and admit we embezzled 30 Million from the Federal Reserve, do our time and start over with some sense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure I follow you here. At all.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:25 PM

You seem to almost be giving this guy some legitimacy.

No more so than those aliens I wouldn't mind seeing invade.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:40 PM

"It's unthinkable until you think it." Dabo Swinney.

I did say the post was weird sounding. But think about it. In a matter of a few days we find proof that a massive computer fraud manufactured the election results. Mike Pence, Joe Biden and Bill Clinton are running a sex ring of Guatemalan children, Nancy Pelosi is being paid 5 million a year by the Chinese (or is that Hunter by the Ukrainians?), and Tony Fauci knew the entire time that there is not a dang thing anybody can do about the virus except a vaccine. You have to admit, that's great entertainment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Entertainment value not withstanding

Jan 10, 2021, 11:42 PM

Its insanity.

I mean if I'm having some LSD induced dreaming

Jan 10, 2021, 11:46 PM

It involves being 25 again with a couple billion $$ laying around in small bills.

You don't have to wear your "I'm Serious" hat to bed.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:54 PM [ in reply to Entertainment value not withstanding ]

I bet there's a fun guy under there somewhere.

Just funning with you. I enjoy reading what you bring.

So they did get Epstein's black book, or maybe the DC Madam?***

Jan 11, 2021, 12:07 AM [ in reply to more of this ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More examples of why Parler is getting deplatformed

Jan 10, 2021, 11:16 PM

https://twitter.com/parlertakes/status/1348456174467878919?s=21

That's crazy nonsense.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:20 PM

Willing to bet I can find 10x worse on Reddit, but their apps are easy enough to find and their hosting companies are ok with them. Jesus, 4chan still has a hosting provider.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must not be on Reddit much. Subs that used to have crap

Jan 10, 2021, 11:24 PM

like that are pretty much gone. There’s been a whole thing about it the past year or so.

The other thing y’all keep missing is that this stuff is coupled with real and credible threats of armed insurrections.

And yes you’re right. 4chan still has a hosting partner

Jan 10, 2021, 11:26 PM [ in reply to That's crazy nonsense. ]

that’s ok with hosting them. Amazon, Azure and others just don’t want to be their huckleberry.

Re: That's crazy nonsense.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:29 PM [ in reply to That's crazy nonsense. ]

You're on the wrong side, bud. You're having to work too hard to justify bullshyatt. That should be your first clue.

I understand where you are coming from.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:31 PM

It's easy to argue for eliminating speech you disagree with. Much harder to argue for not eliminating speech you despise. We're actually on the same side over this Capitol crap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we have a case...

Jan 11, 2021, 7:57 AM [ in reply to That's crazy nonsense. ]

Of an attempt to overthrow our legislative branch getting planned out to fruition on Reddit, we can discuss that one.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

And I don't wanna get too far in the weeds here,

Jan 10, 2021, 11:26 PM [ in reply to More examples of why Parler is getting deplatformed ]

but is there not some irony in Parler getting the silent treatment for such posts but the ever-ethical mega-techs are ok with Twitter having an account on their platform that reposts said Parler posts verbatim?

You’re not getting too far into the weeds as much as doing

Jan 10, 2021, 11:30 PM

everything you can to deflect from the situation at hand, which is a bleak one to say the least.

Ok, so I'm ok yelling fire in a theater, just so long as

Jan 10, 2021, 11:33 PM

I say "this is a retweet" before I yell it. No deflection....it's called critical thought.

Directly to your point, this comes down to intent. Whereas

Jan 10, 2021, 11:39 PM

in its original form and forum the post is in search of likeminded individuals for engagement, posted on an account like the one linked above it’s meant to expose this lunacy that’s running unchecked and showcase the ridiculousness of this dangerous echo chamber. Similar to publishing a manifesto I guess, a mass shooters MySpace is probably gonna get yanked, but a paper can run with the screen caps.

Ok, so now we have put the social media platforms not

Jan 10, 2021, 11:41 PM

just in charge of moderating the danger or safety of the message, but now they are also in charge of mindreading the intent of the posters. Do you not see how much faith you are putting in these people?

Do this for me

Jan 10, 2021, 11:43 PM

Report the account and see where it goes.

sure let's see what happens.***

Jan 10, 2021, 11:54 PM

They're more interested in throwing conservatives

Jan 11, 2021, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Ok, so now we have put the social media platforms not ]

principles back in their face right now for the lulz, I don't think it's dawned on them that it will impact them too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Intent matters.

Jan 11, 2021, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Directly to your point, this comes down to intent. Whereas ]

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/03/us/snopes-babylon-bee.html

When something is obviously a joke it’s not attacked.

null

Re: And I don't wanna get too far in the weeds here,

Jan 10, 2021, 11:31 PM [ in reply to And I don't wanna get too far in the weeds here, ]

Maybe they are just okay with people getting informed how actually batshyatt crazy Parler is. Anyway, the good news is Parler will be done in 3 and a half hours.

Yup, next level traitors follow parlertakes to plan

Jan 10, 2021, 11:35 PM [ in reply to And I don't wanna get too far in the weeds here, ]

their coups.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do this for me.......

Jan 10, 2021, 11:36 PM

go retweet some kiddie #### on twitter, but write something snarky first so everyone is clear you're against it. Let me know how it's received.

Hey everyone, come see how dumb this is.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:37 PM

https://tigernet.com/forum/message/Do-this-for-me-28483545

LOL, I can see how dumb it must look when you

Jan 10, 2021, 11:38 PM

possess zero ability to perceive nuance.

Says the guy who thinks retweeting or screenshotting is

Jan 10, 2021, 11:41 PM

automatically equivalent to the original content.

bear with me, savant.....

Jan 10, 2021, 11:43 PM

equivalency is pretty much assumed when it's THE SAME EXACT MESSAGE.

So if I repost that Holocaust meme you sent me on my

Jan 10, 2021, 11:47 PM

Facebook page, saying “Look at how much of an antisemite Obed is,” that’s the same as propagating that meme myself?

Attempt at a cheap jab ignored.....if I post something that

Jan 10, 2021, 11:50 PM

has been deemed illegal and/or too dangerous for public consumption, and you just repost it with a couple sentences denouncing it before it, then yeah, you just defacto posted something illegal and/or too dangerous for public consumption.

Attempt at humor failed, its exposition vs promotion.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:58 PM

Awareness not advocacy. Ya know, nuanced.

If you say so.

Jan 11, 2021, 12:01 AM

I'm just glad that pure intentions are enough to completely diffuse dangerous messaging.

I'm sure you're correct, since Twitter clearly agrees with you.

You need to get out more.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:48 PM [ in reply to bear with me, savant..... ]

There are plenty of valid reasons to repost something without endorsing it. Have you never read a news article?

Yes....you ever seen the anarchist's cookbook

Jan 10, 2021, 11:51 PM

reprinted in the Wall Street Journal?

It hasn’t been reposted on that account either.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:59 PM

They put up a lot of grey area stuff interspersed with commentary and news. But it’s helpful for the reasonable Republicans (if they even exist anymore) to get their heads out of the sand and figure out why they keep getting lumped in with nazis.

Re: Yes....you ever seen the anarchist's cookbook

Jan 11, 2021, 12:00 AM [ in reply to Yes....you ever seen the anarchist's cookbook ]

So you're agreeing that with a little common sense you can differentiate between something harmful and bringing attention to something harmful?

No, I'm saying that regardless of whether

Jan 11, 2021, 12:05 AM

it's the Taliban throwing one at you, or a child bringing you one they found in the woods, a live grenade is still a live grenade, and if something's been deemed too dangerous for public consumption, what's sauce for the goose should be sauce for the gander.

Like I said though, I'm sure I'm missing something....Jack, Tim, and Sundar agree with you.

Wait, there might actually be something to that one.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:30 PM [ in reply to More examples of why Parler is getting deplatformed ]

"There might be something to this hat." Roy McAvoy

Looks like they won't be alone in getting deplatformed

Jan 10, 2021, 11:33 PM [ in reply to More examples of why Parler is getting deplatformed ]

https://twitter.com/parlertakes/status/1348465164534706177?s=20

Let's shut down the internet

Jan 10, 2021, 11:42 PM

you jump to many conclusions, grasshopper.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:44 PM

I just said its idiocy, and I could see why they would get deplatformed as well.

No company wants that kind of liability.

The bottom line is this is a PR move at best.

Jan 10, 2021, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Let's shut down the internet ]

There are so many corners of the Internet you can get to that are far, far worse than this Parler crap, and they're hosted on AWS, Dell, Google Cloud, and others and accessible on apps from the Google and/or Apple store. They host far right stuff a lot worse than this (and stuff in general worse than this) but this is a free PR moment for the tech heads to high five each other.

Isn't that still a good thing?

Jan 10, 2021, 11:49 PM

The harder you make something to find, the fewer people see it.

Oh it's a great thing, just so long as you're

Jan 10, 2021, 11:52 PM

in lockstep with the media companies on exactly what you should and shouldn't see.

Re: Oh it's a great thing, just so long as you're

Jan 11, 2021, 12:00 AM

We're pretty free in this country. There is common sense. We all know what is decent and practical. Nobody is getting shut down that isn't out of hand. Nothing is going to be perfect.

ok, so long as we’re “free enough”. All good***

Jan 11, 2021, 9:47 AM

From my perspective, you are either free, or u aren't free

Jan 11, 2021, 11:37 AM

maybe because I value freedom more than convenience, comfort, common-sense, or any other reasons that people give up their freedom.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: Isn't that still a good thing?

Jan 11, 2021, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Isn't that still a good thing? ]

Re: Isn't that still a good thing?

Jan 11, 2021, 12:11 AM

I don't think the conspiracy theories are such an issue. SOmeone can believe Tupac is still alive. Someone can post all kinds of nutty conspiracy theories. Aliens at Roswell would be ok too. WHen it gets to the stage where it is sheer provable bullshyatt that incites and promotes violence, there is an obvious line to be drawn by a private company. Let's say they were talking about rounding up the Jews and building hate for the Jews like the N*zis did, then they shouldn't have a platform to spread it. It's just common sense. It's not even that fine of a line. I respect the business that doesn't enable the promotion of such madness.

So on a sliding scale from

Jan 11, 2021, 11:43 AM

"Tupac is Alive" to "Rounding up Jews", you are saying that "The Election was Stolen" is closer to the later and therefore should be de-platformed?

Where would "Joe Biden is not fit for office" fit in that sliding scale? Is that worthy of being de-platformed in the current climate?

Do you see that line of what is acceptable and what is bannable speech moving over time?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I want extra cheese on mine, and a side order of whatever

Jan 10, 2021, 11:29 PM

underage girl you're dealing on the side. Can I get this at the window or do I have to come in?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: What does this guy get from this?

Jan 11, 2021, 12:30 AM

Lin Wood is certified nuts. He is likely walking himself into a jail cell. Like he said, stay tuned.

Flat out comical that trump had to resort to "D" List attorneys for the past few years.

Does the ABA not police their own?***

Jan 11, 2021, 9:48 AM

I agree with the last paragraph. Minus the BS about Trump

Jan 11, 2021, 2:06 AM

Fixing that. If anything he's made that worse. Not that he or any President can fix our debt problem. Closest we came to that was when Clinton briefly had the line item veto which just so happens to be our last time with a balanced budget. Only time really in my lifetime. That was our last gasp of any attempt at fiscal responsibility.

Rest is BS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Site not found. :(***

Jan 11, 2021, 9:42 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a screenshot

Jan 11, 2021, 10:52 AM

Replies: 60
| visibility 1,360
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic