Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
By what month do you expect masks will no longer be
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1,640

By what month do you expect masks will no longer be

Jan 11, 2021, 4:26 PM

recommended?

If we are already vaccinating everyone 70+ starting next week, I would think everyone who "needs it" will get it by the end of March. The people who refuse it, probably have no issues going rouge. Masks, obviously, aren't really doing much anyway.

https://img.joomcdn.net/54a423376cf3337bac7fce3b3b6450a67e2608e6_400_400.jpeg

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Masks are going to be around for a while, a long while.***

Jan 11, 2021, 4:32 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Masks will be around for the rest of the year, prolly.

Jan 11, 2021, 4:35 PM

At least through summer. It will be another 2-3 months probably before they get all the over 70 crowd. Then it will go to other people. It will be the fall I predict before the last people get the vaccine.

If we're lucky, we can get in a normal football season, maybe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're all gonna get the Bane tanline.

Jan 11, 2021, 4:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Never. I suspect they'll be with us for the long haul

Jan 11, 2021, 4:36 PM

Many people may very well wear them for the rest of their lives. Best comparison I can come up with is a gun. Lots of people buy one, maybe shoot it once if at all, then shove it in a drawer for years. However, in their mind they can and will become John Wick with it if the need ever arose. As if it's magic.

That's where the general public is with masks, I think. They have decided they're magic, and will keep them safe. Listen to how people talk about them, "If everyone wore masks we could get back to normal!". And I bet many of these folks are still wearing their unwashed home-made mask than Nana gave to them in June.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't want people breathing and spittin on stuff

Jan 11, 2021, 4:38 PM

in grocery stores.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me either, but short of automating the shelf stockers

Jan 11, 2021, 4:46 PM

or forcing them to wear space helmets, it's going to happen to some degree.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like seatbelts in automobiles.

Jan 11, 2021, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Never. I suspect they'll be with us for the long haul ]

Some people will see the wisdom and continue to wear them.

Others won't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's an awful comparison.

Jan 11, 2021, 5:23 PM

Wearing a mask for 10 feet to go sit at a table in a restaurant is absurd.

You're not catching this stuff in a grocery store.

You're catching it spending 30 minutes in close quarters to someone.

Staying at home=seatbelt

Seatbelts, like masks, are not 100% effective.

Jan 11, 2021, 5:48 PM

You may still be sick or injured and you may still die.

Both will protect you in some cases. Both are easy to wear.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's be perfectly honest here.

Jan 12, 2021, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Never. I suspect they'll be with us for the long haul ]

THE MASK INDUSTRY IS TOO BIG TOO FAIL.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm digging the mask thingy myself

Jan 11, 2021, 4:47 PM

don't have to brush my teeth before going out. don't have to worry about shaving regularly. I can sneeze and the mask will catch it without me having to do "clean up" duty with a Kleenex. I can "mouth" really bad names at someone and they think I'm just chewing gum. I mean, hey, why give up the mask now?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Truth. I haven't brushed my teeth in nearly a year.

Jan 12, 2021, 7:36 AM

It's awesome.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Masks, obviously, aren't really doing much anyway

Jan 11, 2021, 4:59 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're not. People wear them wrong and stuff blows

Jan 11, 2021, 5:17 PM

up into their eyes.

The main thing that works is social distancing and staying home.

Masks are a fake safety device that makes you feel better

Well, please, make me feel better and wear a mask. TIA

Jan 11, 2021, 6:40 PM

yea, I gave you a TD.

Feel proud, you earned it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can still smell a fart with a mask on

Jan 11, 2021, 6:56 PM [ in reply to They're not. People wear them wrong and stuff blows ]

I'm pretty sure poop particles are bigger than covid thingys. Masks don't work, but it is cool that people aren't spitting all over the place, I guess.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That just means you need a better mask

Jan 11, 2021, 7:39 PM

H2S is a molecule
COVID is a virus riding on a moisture droplet pretty sure that’s bigger

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: scba?***

Jan 11, 2021, 8:04 PM

for the 10 millionth time, and I'm sure you know this...it's

Jan 11, 2021, 7:48 PM [ in reply to I can still smell a fart with a mask on ]

not to prevent you from smelling the other guy's fart, it's to muffle yours. Same reason you cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. I apologize in advance, I feel like I'm insulting your intelligence, when really you're probably just joking...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Yes I am. Been gone too long I guess.***

Jan 11, 2021, 8:06 PM

that's my weird Covid conspiracy-theory: public bathrooms

Jan 11, 2021, 9:27 PM [ in reply to I can still smell a fart with a mask on ]

I mean, how are so many people getting this thing when all you hear from the ones that contract it is that they are mystified - they wear masks, they distance, they wash.....so how do they get it?

Maybe it's the torrent of germ warfare in public restrooms. Mask is a sadly inadequate defense in a polluted WalMart stall. That potent funk can stick to your eyeballs. Not sure a full hazmat suit is enough.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I plan to wear one from now on....

Jan 11, 2021, 5:51 PM

I'm digging being able to go in Publix (or wherever), identity completely hidden. Don't have to interact, exchange niceties, nothing. Actually enjoy being out in public again.

Who knew there would come a day when you could walk into a BANK with a mask on and nobody bat an eye?

Not that I believe they do ANYTHING other than placebo effect, and keep the uptight emos from yelling at me. But I'm cool with that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: By what month do you expect masks will no longer be

Jan 11, 2021, 6:37 PM

and that's a long long time

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

after everyone has an opportunity for a vaccine

Jan 11, 2021, 6:46 PM

I am done with masks for sure, but probably after I get vaccinated

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: By what month do you expect masks will no longer be

Jan 11, 2021, 8:01 PM

Maybe 2 or 3 years from now.

July would be a hopeful target, especially if we enlist some

Jan 11, 2021, 8:56 PM

more resources to provide better access to vaccines as they become available, which is accelerating on the production end.

Would love to see the fed side offer shipping and manpower to administer doses, including mobile clinics, while states took the lead on how to allocate those resources within their borders.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had a bidniss trip to Tokyo in 2019

Jan 11, 2021, 9:21 PM

Even hearing about it in advance, I was shocked at how many people just walked around in public wearing surgical masks. Even during our meeting with the exec staff, several folks were masked up. Prior to COVID, it had already been ingrained in their culture.

I think masks will be common in most larger US cities, from now on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1,640
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic