Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1,181

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jan 25, 2021, 7:52 AM

Friday night, just cooled it out at the house again. Possibly only had leftover for dinner even.

Saturday, got a hair cut, went by the woodworkers guild to do some stuff, stopped by Shoeless Brewing, then home to be kinda lazy.

Sunday, got around to the last of the Christmas gift exchanging via video call with friends, cleaned then cleaned the house a bit. I am falling behind on my winter yard work.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fav stars

Jan 25, 2021, 7:59 AM

Fri - Grandparents took the kids. MsLovin and I had sushi downtown. Got home and celebrated marriage. Watched Pitch Perfect 3. Celebrated marriage again.

Sat - Met my buddy on the river. Water was a cold 43 degrees, my line kept freezing up. Did not catch a fish, but it gonna be real good when it warms up.

Wife and I drove to in-laws. Played with kids outside around the lake. Dinner, then 45 min drive home.

Watched my first dirt-track race because my new neighbor is #49. He finished 8th and was the last car to not get lapped by Kyle Larson who pretty much whipped errybody else. Not too bad a watch for racing.

Sun - Church in the morning, lunch, went to Lowes and purchased 12 bags of concrete. Stayed home the rest of the day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Grandparents took the kids"

Jan 25, 2021, 8:20 AM

a phrase I hear often but do not understand it very well, especially right now.

#ImJealousAF

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The other side has 3 kids. Grandparents are much more

Jan 25, 2021, 8:24 AM

willing to take the 2 than they are to take the 3. But I also has the feels for you, too.

Let me know if I can help***

Jan 25, 2021, 8:53 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes

Jan 25, 2021, 9:06 AM

My bonus room smells like rancid farts because of rancid farts. My air unit is a mini split (1.5 ton or 18,000 BTU if you are British). It doesn't do a good job of moving air around so smell can linger for hours.

What do?

its weird for us, my inlaws are super

Jan 25, 2021, 9:00 AM [ in reply to "Grandparents took the kids" ]

COVID scared, but its like they think the kids cant carry it or something. They have zero issues seeing the kids and us coming over, but forget going out in public and doing really anything. Heck I went to HD for them last week. It's odd, but if that is what they want to do, we wont complain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

meh....

Jan 25, 2021, 8:03 AM

Friday...wife-of was with daughter-of in Greenville/Easley for eye appt. [Daughter has something going on with one of her eyes that is a bit scary]. Wife-of brought home take-out from Smokin' Pig. As always, good, but friggn' expensive.

Saturday...make breakfast on griddle, work on front-of-house koi pond, some light yard pick-up, watch Clemson mens BB team sheet the bed again against FSU. Had dinner from some friends at Joe's NY Pizza in Clemson. As an aside, girl we were with was wife's college roommate at Clemson and she works in Admissions at Clemson. She said they have over 40k applications for the fall semester, which is an all-time record by a lot.

Sunday...griddle again for breakfast, laid around watching TV, hit grocery store and made pasta faggioli and watched the NFL games.

In summary, a lot of meh, but do feel rested this morning.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jan 25, 2021, 8:05 AM

I would give it a 5 out of 10. Drank too much Friday night and just felt like dogshyatt all weekend.

Welp, The Tigers lost but I didn't die.

Jan 25, 2021, 8:07 AM

Spent the weekend in N. Myrtle. Pretty quiet. Ate a chili dawg and a fried bo-lone-e at Hamburger Joe's, got a nice pie from Kings Famous Pizza (dew wreck or mend fo a good take out, greek run pizza).

Kid_of drove up from Chucktown for Ms. Wilbur's birthday and we had lunch at the Flying Fish Cafe. Very good.

Disappointed one of my faves, Crab Catcher's in Little River was closed for reno's...

Pretty laid back. Nice unit in Windy Hill on the ocean.

9.4/10 (-1.2 cuz had to drive)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

N Myrtle is my hood

Jan 25, 2021, 8:42 AM

Family house is on 21st South. Joe's is awesome. Me and the wife have a dollar bill in there somewhere. Recommend Joe's wings, mix of mustard bbq sauce and hot sauce. They are the tids.

Try Midtown Bistro sometime. Never had a bad meal there. https://www.midtownbistro.com/

Message was edited by: BigDaddy®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Whole lotta nuthin

Jan 25, 2021, 8:08 AM

Got a call Friday evening that person in the office had a cough and fever - stay in and plan to get tested Monday

Saturday & Sunday watched a lot of TV & did laundry and read a lot

Got a call Sunday around 8 - it was strep throat not the Covid so here I am at work this morning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Still Qtined but feeling fine

Jan 25, 2021, 8:10 AM

Burned some energy past few days instead just sitting around eating.
NFL games mildly interesting, CU bball not
Back to pretending to work Monday!

good to hear***

Jan 25, 2021, 8:11 AM

I know you're close, so let me know if there is nothing I can do

Jan 25, 2021, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Still Qtined but feeling fine ]

for you.

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

A pleasant amount of enjoyitization.

Jan 25, 2021, 8:12 AM

Friday, had a virtual work group gathering starting at 3, so cracked first beers early. Can't remember what we did for supper, but had many more beers and got hooked on watching the Language & Life Project documentaries on YouTube that Nancy's Taint University oversees all night. These are a great watch if you are so inclined.
https://languageandlife.org/documentaries/

Saturday, chores, took pups to run with Joonyer's pups in the afternoon at RH Mom's and watched Clemson basketball game because I couldn't find anyone to shove a red hot fireplace poker into my eye. Back home to steaks and baked potato, then off to MEDIUM volume acoustic jam session. Great night, got through 16 songs and finally back home just after 1:00 to crash.

Sunday, slept in, the long hike with the pup. Grabbed my lists and off to run errands and make grocery run. Took most of the afternoon but back in time to walk the pup while Mrs. made delicious Spanish tortilla for supper, ate and watched Ray Wylie Hubbard on Austin City Limits I had recorded from Saturday night. Mrs. found a fantastic documentary on the Saxon Pub in Austin that we watched after that which I highly recommend. Caught the last 5 minutes of both games yesterday, but I couldn't care any less about the teams left standing other than the Tom Brady history aspect, so that was enough.
https://www.austinchronicle.com/events/film/2019-05-31/nothing-stays-the-same-the-story-of-the-saxon-pub/

18.90/19 Covids, it was more than tolerable as weekends go.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Decent.

Jan 25, 2021, 8:18 AM

Saturday cooked BBQ chucken. Put a new cpu fan in the laptop as son of burned up the old one playing video games on it. I have since reclaimed it and revived it. Did some work. Went to grocery store for us, for mom. Fixed mom's water. Son of did a boy scout work day in the woods. Injured my lingual frenulum, Saturday night, I think. Watched church. Wife of grocery shopped for her parents and sister (covid). So we collectively did the grocery shopping for 13 people this weekend.

Overall 8/10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Question

Jan 25, 2021, 8:49 AM

I think I have seen you post "fixed mom's water" at least once before. What is wrong with mom's water, how do you fix it, and why does it keep happening?

Inquiring minds want to know.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She gets her water from the lake (Murray)

Jan 25, 2021, 9:12 AM

She has a water purification system/pump that pumps water from the lake. It has filters that need to be cleaned/flushed every couple of weeks. Bleach has to be added to the water and mixed. Aluminum powder as well for water softness. Just takes 10 minutes maybe. Not really a big deal, other than it's something that has to be done, and I'm the only human on Earth capable of doing it apparently.

Really her water is awesome. Better than the well water she was using. By the time you drink it from the tap, it tastes like city water. She had it tested with the fancy test you pay for, and it's clean as a whistle. MUCH better than her former well water, and better than the neighborhood community well water too. Better than our Town of Lexington water actually.

The water comes off the lake, about 20 feet deep, and from about 4 feet up from the bottom, so there's less minerals to start with, unlike a well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These are the people who installed it

Jan 25, 2021, 9:17 AM

https://www.cleanwatersc.com/

Her system looks similar to this:

Those two small clear plastic 15-gallon containers are for the aluminum powder and bleach. 2 quarts of bleach per 5 gallons, and one cup of aluminum powder per 5 gallons goes in those tanks. Then you have to flush the large tank for sediment for about 5 mins also.

She has a permit to draw water directly out of Lake Murray

Jan 25, 2021, 9:20 AM

for a single residency? And the intake is 20' deep? That is quite impressive and sounds like a pricey installation.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think it was 5-6K. No permit needed.

Jan 25, 2021, 9:28 AM

She's on deep water, so they ran it about 20-30 yards off shore, and it sits up a little from the bottom. So even when they drain the lake and it's low, she will have water.

ALSO, that is pricey, but ended up being about the same price as a well (at her location). See, the ground water is so hard, she would need more filters, and they would need to be changed more frequently. So long run this is the same install price, but less over time as you run through less filters.

Same guy installed the same system like 25 years ago next door to her, and she's been happy. She's 97yo now, and after 25 years drinking that water she's still in good health. So it can't be too bad for you. Other neighbor pays dearly to hook into the neighborhood community well. He's now pricing the same system to pump from the lake as well. He has hard water, and pays like $100/mo for it.

I guess I am used to regulations on Wylie and Monticello

Jan 25, 2021, 9:53 AM

where they would literally cut your head off if you tried to do something like that.

Helps to know the guy who manages Lake Murray for

Jan 25, 2021, 3:28 PM

SCE&G. Well, anyway, know him but didn't need to pull any strings. But probably could if we had to.

Now the plumbing....lol. That same hard mineral-rich soil also doesn't perk for crap.

Weird

Jan 25, 2021, 8:26 AM

Last week the doctor had me on a steroid for my back. Was getting only 3 - 4 hours of sleep a night, but was waking up early (like 3 - 4 in the morning early) ready to roar and back felt incredible. Took last dose of roids Fri morning. Coming off the steroid I knew I would eventually crash. Fell asleep on the bed yesterday at noon and slept HARD for about 3 hours. Even after I woke up I was still a little mentally out of it. Went downtown and drank my way through it and watched the football games. Think the roids are finally out of my system. Back starting to feel it again as well, but so far not as bad as it was before the roids.

Short

Jan 25, 2021, 8:28 AM

Basketball game Friday, worked on the truck Saturday, did a bunch of nothing Sunday.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Friday coached the 8-9 yr old basketball team, we won

Jan 25, 2021, 8:28 AM

again. This week was unfair AF. I have some real ballers on my team, kids that wouldn't play with us normally but because their church isn't fielding a team, they joined us. Our opponent this week was a team of 6 girls. Their church split the teams into a girls team and a boys team which is weird in this league. Anyways, we started slow but won like 15-4. They scored the last 4 with one girl throwing up prayers and both of them going in. One was in my daughters face but she DGAFF, just happy to play. Tried 3-4 restaurants looking for a heated patio but they all seemed crowded so we did something for dinner that I do not remember.

Up Saturday and let the chill burn out of the air, went for a 6.9 (nice) mile run. Wife went to work because Winter Graduation, and I watched the kids. Did some science experiments and cleaned up house. Mom got home and we went to Riverwalk for a run and let the kids ride bikes. Don't remember dinner that night either, probably takeout from somewhere.

Sunday got up and watched the original Avengers movie. Pretty sure that is my first time watching it from start to finish. Put up clothes around the house and then went out to the USNWC. All the trails were open so we hit up the North Main Loop. It is all blues, none of those easy greens and my kids struggled on the climbs. They did alot of bike pushing and it wore them out but they did great overall. Almost 6 miles of trails for a 5, 7, and 9 year old is rather impressive. Grabbed Fuji takeout for dinner and everyone was exhausted.

VERY TIRED KIDS THIS MORNING AND IT SUCKED.

It was awesome. Thanks for asking!

Jan 25, 2021, 8:30 AM

Friday - made steaks, played with kids, watched some Netflix with the wife and then went to bed.

Saturday - morning run, morning cartoons, went to Ann Arbor to a cool shop called Bivouac and shopped around, looked at kids snow coats for my son, nothing cool so grabbed some lunch and came home. Watched a lot of college basketball while the kids played in the bounce house or with legos and stuff. Took kids to grandparents right after a good ol' leftover dinner. Wife and I hung out, watched some basketball, whatched a home show. Then, I walked to my buds house and then we walked to the horse track. We made some bets, walked around and then went back to his house. Grabbed some pizza, got really stoned and drunk and watched the fight. Fight was over, so was my entire being, I somewhat sobered up, so I left and crashed for about 10 hours. It was some awesome sleeping.

Sunday - went to inlaws to have brunch and pick up kids. Stayed there for a while. Got home, ran on treadmill and then got back on the couch. Kids and I did a lot of puzzles on the floor between me napping on the couch. Some friends came over and our kids played while we watched the Bucs win (yeah baby!!!!!!! $$$$) Davante Adams caught that TD and my bud won $750 on that one too. Was a good time watching the game. Everyone goes home, we get the kids in the bed and then watched some of the Bills game and I gave up about 9:15 and went to bed.

Overall - 9/10 - Winning @ horseracing, Winning @ football, Winning w/ wife, Winning w/snow....only down side was our Tigers getting absolutely destroyed and our team not even seeming to care.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was awesome. Thanks for asking!

Jan 25, 2021, 8:32 AM

That's a good one.

Friday - had divorce hearing and got it finalized after about 4 years of separation. Went fine, and ex-tkshe and I get along well and work great together with the kids. Went to yee-haw brewery Bc I wanted to try Prince’s hot chicken. I thought it was good (got the mild) but don’t have much of a frame of reference. Will go back.

Saturday - took youngest indoor rock climbing and putzed around the yard a bit. Luckily missed the phenomenal showing by the shop Tory hoops team. Nothing spectacular.

Sunday - more putzing. Watched both playoff games.

Overall 8/10

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

New life, good luck!***

Jan 25, 2021, 9:01 AM

Now that they are open, go to Rocky' s before going

Jan 25, 2021, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

back to Prince's.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friday - had divorce hearing and got it finalized after about 4 years of separation. Went fine, and ex-tkshe and I get along well and work great together with the kids. Went to yee-haw brewery Bc I wanted to try Prince’s hot chicken. I thought it was good (got the mild) but don’t have much of a frame of reference. Will go back.

Saturday - took youngest indoor rock climbing and putzed around the yard a bit. Luckily missed the phenomenal showing by the shop Tory hoops team. Nothing spectacular.

Sunday - more putzing. Watched both playoff games.

Overall 8/10

Good

Jan 25, 2021, 3:27 PM

Friday - Painters finished up in the new house.
Saturday - Turned 61. Picked up BBQ from my favorite place and drank lots of beer.
Sunday - Installed microwave, lighting and new door hardware. Oldest daughterof came by. First time I've seen her in about a month because Covid ran through her house.
Monday - New appliances should arrive today. We're only waiting on some tile work in the bathrooms and carpet before we move into my final resting place. Should be about two weeks.

Wait, wut another weekend?

Jan 25, 2021, 9:02 AM

Friday don't remember.

Sattidy took a shower cuz granny told me I stunk. Went to see head baker and acquired more extract. Sattidy night baked.

Sunday went to KJ's and bought some grocery items. Not baking. NFL games.

Monday woke up late cuz feetball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

closing in on 65 with a bad back and other stuff going on

Jan 25, 2021, 9:07 AM

i'm in better shape than clemson basketball

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My dad is only about 2 months away

Jan 25, 2021, 9:09 AM

FIL is about 3 months away.

Tell them to go ahead and get Medicare application done

Jan 25, 2021, 3:48 PM

time is of the essence. You will be a good son and SIL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So...am I the resident Oldest phart in here

Jan 25, 2021, 9:38 AM [ in reply to closing in on 65 with a bad back and other stuff going on ]

closing in on 67?

Very weekendy

Jan 25, 2021, 9:34 AM

Friday: not much, was pretty useless

Saturday: watched some FA Cup action, washed and cleaned our the vehicle. Bought groceries, had a delicious hamburger steak, chilled and not much else, other than the sects

Sunday: watched CHelsea FA Cup, watched church, prepped for supper pretty all afternoon, cooked salmon, air fryer chicken fingers, roasted brussel sprouts and roasted potatoes. worth definitely 5 yelp stars. watched football, fell asleep watching some movie, way past my bed time

9.9/10

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Frustrating. All of my money is tied up in a structured

Jan 25, 2021, 9:51 AM

settlement, I need a new pillow, and I cant find the number for Empire carpet.

And I don't feel well. What are the symptoms of Mesothelioma, anybody know?

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

pretty smokey

Jan 25, 2021, 10:40 AM

mostly just chilled around the house and smoked some meats.

Fri - steaks

Sat - burgers

Sun - wings, ribs, duck poppers

got pretty tore up for the first time this year on Friday...don't really miss drinking

Jan 25, 2021, 11:10 AM

Friday: stayed home because ms midland was mad at me because I would not leave my home office to go to her home office when she yelled for me to come. I was on a business call with my boss but I guess the home boss is more important then work boss.

Saturday: ms midland still mad so she ran her errands in her car and I ran errands in my car. Went on a 5 mile walk when I got home and did a few chores. Took ms midland to Bad Daddy's Burgers on Forest Dr. here in Gangland. Had a couple of River Rat Reds that were tasty.

Sunday: ms midland and I sat at the kitchen table drinking coffee and talking about things we wanted to accomplish this year until about 2:30. Had not done that in a long time. Watched football games and ate leftovers for dinner.

6/10.

Legit lit***

Jan 25, 2021, 11:26 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty, pretty good.

Jan 25, 2021, 11:29 AM

Friday: The wife and I met some friends at Bowens island for dinner after work. T'was good.

Saturday: Did some shopping for the house. Furniture, #### to put on the walls, whatever the wife thinks we need. It's finally coming together after moving in in April. Zalads for dinner because i was feeling lazy.

Sunday: Hung stuff up around the house that the wife wanted on the walls. Moved some furniture to see if it looked better "over there". Lowes and Lowes Foods run, then made sketti for dinner. Forgot to make rice for lunches to go with the pintos i put up a week or two ago. I'll have to remember to do that tonight...

Thankfully i avoided Clemson b-ball all weekend and it doesn't sound like i missed anything.

#### weekend, TBH

Jan 25, 2021, 12:34 PM

Friday night - Started a fire on the CNC because the dust shoe bristles were rubbing against the surfacing bit that was running for two hours. Got it put out, changed the bit and got going again, until the X-axis got jammed with debris. had to disassemble, and clean out the lead screw.

Saturday - Woke up with a horrible pain in my knee and unable to walk - patellar tendon is inflamed, and I can't bend/straighten my right leg. At best, it feels like my knee needs to pop, at worst, it's excruciating pain. Took motrin and slept most of the day.

Sunday - Same ####. Laid on the couch and watched the two football games.

Re: #### weekend, TBH

Jan 25, 2021, 5:06 PM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 46
| visibility 1,181
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic