Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Could it be that this is why Lindsey was at the WH yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 693

Could it be that this is why Lindsey was at the WH yesterday

Jan 13, 2021, 7:59 AM

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcconnell-believes-trump-committed-impeachable-offenses-supports-democrats-impeachment-efforts-report

Is this a Nixon situation where the republican party is begging Trump to step down?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Yes.

Jan 13, 2021, 8:03 AM

If pubs prosecute Trump they are done, they lose the base. If they don't they are done, they lose corporate funding and must back Trump to get their money and votes from the base.

Pubs in congress are in dire straits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you even look at the news

Jan 13, 2021, 8:04 AM

for one second, you will see that Graham has said that impeachment will do more harm than good and alienate even more people.

Resignation would be bad optics as well this close to inauguration day as that will seem as if he was forced, which will make people mad as well.

Just ride it out and start the indictments if you have them ready.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^This

Jan 13, 2021, 8:19 AM

If the Dems are honest at all, and want to unite America, stop Pelosi and her fanatical pursuit of Trump.
Impeachment will divide the country even more for the next 2 years.
STOP THE NANCY!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^This

Jan 13, 2021, 8:47 AM

Nah...He needs to be impeached. Anyone who still supports Trump isn't needed. Repubs are in a shyatt situation no matter what.

Jan 13, 2021, 10:38 AM

He deserves it, but the calendar will not allow for a conviction in the Senate prior to when Trump jets off. A number of Constitutional scholars do not feel conducting a Senate trial after Trump is gone is legit.

I do not possibly see how moving forward with this at this late date will do anything but allow a bunch of politicians to preen and posture and lead to more disunity in the country.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 10:46 AM [ in reply to ^^^This ]

bengal,

I take your point and I do not disagree. However, the counter-point is that if you condone such radical behavior you invite it to be repeated. Both positions have merit and I don't know which side of that debate I fall on.

I recognize that there is some politics involved as well. The Dems feel like the Reps have backed this unfit President repeatedly when he was out of line (breaking norms & ignoring the rule of law). Now they are going to highlight that fact for the American people by forcing Reps to take a stand on one side or the other on this latest, most egregious violation by Trump.

After four years of bullying and divisive rhetoric from this President (& the support of his Rep sycophants), they are speaking to him in the only language that he understands.

After four years of 24/7 attacks from Dems and the media

Jan 13, 2021, 11:23 AM

I'd say that's the only language they understand too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: ^^^This ]

The Dems certainly need to take a look in the mirror too. They have been in attack mode on Trump since before he even took office. There were calls for his impeachment before he was even sworn in. You had a Congresswoman from MI saying, "Impeach the MF'er" before he was sworn in. Hillary has said repeatedly that Trump was not the legitimate President.

I have trouble remembering anything, literally anything, that the Dem leadership has found commendable from Trump.

Trump's post election behavior has been immature. I do believe he egged on what transpired before and on the day the Capitol was breached. He bears responsibility for what has happened, but the Dems have not been responsible adults either. The division wasn't helped by Pelosi shredding the State of the Union address live on national TV. That was not a responsible act. There are countless irresponsible acts by the Dems and the GOP. I hope both sides can lower the temperature. We desperately need term limits to eliminate the vocation of career politicians.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's almost like they could see the future***

Jan 13, 2021, 11:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Replies: 9
| visibility 693
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic