Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I would like to thank our coaches and players
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 137
| visibility 51

I would like to thank our coaches and players

Mar 8, 2020, 9:36 PM

for competing so hard this year. It’s been a challenging year in terms of youth, inexperience, and injuries, but this team never quit. Although it has been frustrating at times to lose some games we don’t feel we should’ve, it’s been great watching this team improve and have some of the best wins in our program’s history.

Keep working hard, guys. Finishing 8th out of 15 ACC teams in a rebuilding year with all of the challenges we have had is an accomplishment for sure. Your best basketball is ahead of you! Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I would like to thank our coaches and players

Mar 8, 2020, 9:46 PM

I too would like to thank the coaches, players and staff for the hard work and dedication,

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2020, 9:49 PM

Man, there were some real flashes to make me excited for next year. I hope it’s a productive spring and summer for the players and coaches in preparation for the next season.

Good stuff to look forward to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2020, 9:57 PM

Let’s don’t give up, let’s go win the ACC Tournament!! Am I the only one counting on and cheering for these guys!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Mar 8, 2020, 9:59 PM

No just commenting on the end of the regular season.

Mar 8, 2020, 10:00 PM

Love this team. I still wonder how good we would have done had the transfer point guard qualified this season.

Thank you guys!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Mar 8, 2020, 10:04 PM

And if we had a talented big man. Maybe PJ Hall can help out with that next year

Baehre would’ve helped a lot. Javan White would’ve too.***

Mar 8, 2020, 10:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

... Javan White would’ve too.***

Mar 9, 2020, 10:04 AM

just checked and he's averaged 10 points and 6.9 rebounds per game for the UM-Kansas City Kangaroos

of course, he hasn't seen ACC-type players.. but he went for 20 against OK State and 12 vs Kansas

he could have taken a lot of 'pressure' off Simms in the paint this year

Mar 8, 2020, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Re: I would like to thank our coaches and players ]

If we had more talented players we would definitely win more.

Mar 8, 2020, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I would like to thank our coaches and players ]

Lack of size hurt is in the paint all season, no doubt. It’s actually awesome how we were able to match up with teams like FSU and Duke in that regard.

Mar 9, 2020, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: I would like to thank our coaches and players ]

We'll never know now but it would have been nice to have had Nick Honor been able to play this season,he played good in Italy

Mar 8, 2020, 10:11 PM

you left out the part where they beat UNC in Chapel Hill.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I purposely left it out, since mentioning it is always

Mar 8, 2020, 10:18 PM

good for at least one response from a “fan” reminding us how UNC isn’t any good this year.

It’s amazing how ending a nearly 100 year winless streak can be downplayed and minimized by so many of our supposed supporters.

Mar 8, 2020, 10:30 PM

There were a lot of exciting moments. Some disappointing. But the good outweighed the bad and the future looks bright. Dawes and Newman really have shown flashes of being really good. If Simms can continue ro develop as a leader and get some help up front next season it should be a lot of fun. Add in a fully healthy Trapp, Hunter and Hemenway. Good things to come.

Mar 8, 2020, 10:41 PM

The good outweighed the bad?

### is wrong with you people?

What’s wrong with you?

Mar 8, 2020, 11:25 PM

Whining and complaining and being negative in general is no way to live life.

I assume we are "you people" since you are a coot.***

Mar 10, 2020, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I would like to thank our coaches and players ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Mar 8, 2020, 10:35 PM

“ Finishing 8th out of 15 ACC teams in a rebuilding year with all of the challenges we have had is an accomplishment for sure. “

This makes me want to cry.

Mar 8, 2020, 10:37 PM

Tears of joy?

Dear Ole CLEMSON..

Mar 8, 2020, 10:58 PM

We Will Reign Supreme Alway.

Go TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dear Ole CLEMSON..

Mar 8, 2020, 11:20 PM

Judge, you finally got some good responses. Good for you !

I blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then!***

Mar 8, 2020, 11:25 PM

Too bad “I Blind Squirrel” won’t fit on your license plate.

Mar 9, 2020, 1:35 AM

That would be distinctive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I'm proud of the effort this team put forth too, but

Mar 8, 2020, 11:36 PM

finishing 8th is not a good year under any circumstances. Ever. In a vacuum, it's not the end of the world, and injuries were a factor this year. Still, it's not a "good" year; it's a bad year. Stop pretending. It's time to stop with that defeatest, delusional nonsense.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I'm proud of the effort this team put forth too, but

Mar 9, 2020, 1:50 PM

So Syracuse in 2015-16...good year or bad year? They tied for 9th and went to the Final Four.
How about Syracuse in 2017-18? Good year or bad? They tied for 10th. They went to the Sweet 16.

Anytime you get to the sweet 16 or final 4, it's a really

Mar 9, 2020, 3:17 PM

good year, no matter where you finish. When you finish 9th and don't get a sniff of the tournament, it's definitely a bad year. It's a fail. If you are regularly in the NCAA Tournament, and have an off/rebuilding year eveery now and theen, it's tolerable. When you rarely make the NCAA Tournament, you don't get that leeway.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Anytime you get to the sweet 16 or final 4, it's a really

Mar 9, 2020, 8:55 PM

So we've established that 8th CAN be a good year, under certain circumstances.

Agreed***

Mar 9, 2020, 10:09 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Re: I'm proud of the effort this team put forth too, but

Mar 10, 2020, 8:22 AM [ in reply to I'm proud of the effort this team put forth too, but ]

If you're a fan of Clemson basketball, you have to be a fan of who we are. Delusional is a fan that is a fan of who they think we should be. That is a fan of unreality. Being a fan of that non-existing team that outside of a rare glitch wins 'um all ain't a realist. Back in the day we were fans of players and team that played their heart out. That's all you can expect, and Clemson has been that. More is delusional.

Isn't it ironic the only year CBB wasn't rebuilding was the

Mar 9, 2020, 3:38 AM

year he took over?

Mar 9, 2020, 4:52 AM

Agree with a lot you say - Judge.... But ... I still don’t understand the no energy thing against Va Tech ??!? ??

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Mar 9, 2020, 4:53 AM

If you happen to see Brad, tell him I said we're all rootin for him and we are all hoping the next 10 years are as successful as his 1st 10

Mar 9, 2020, 5:47 AM

Judge, you sound like you have cashed in the year! You don't think miracles are in our future?

I would like to express and thank my Tigers to express my fandom and the players hard work! I got lost in the coaches comments multiple times this year after we played a great game to beat the best then lost to the bottom dwellers.

I can only attribute this to the (Lack of better terms) Coach Tommy Bowden syndrome? This randomness of winning top level games and losing to our lowest competitors is nothing less than coaching. If we beat one top 5 team this year, yeah that's just an off night. To beat multiple top teams in season shows that the talent was there but the coaching likely didnt elevate their attention to detail for lower level teams as Brownell eluded to in a post conference.

Wish our team had a better finish because I do believe they are NCAA worthy but we can always use the Coot Mantra, "Wait til next year!".

Right or wrong? I think it's time for a change. CBB is not a fan's coach and he isn't getting it done. Even if we had more of a fan's coach, at least we could get the program where students want to make noise and fans will be interested. Purnell at least kept the LJ 75% filled with less facilities but we always felt like we were close.

Hell, any mid level coach making less money could get us close to .500 and not get to post season. But if he had a fans personality, it would be better for Clemson. Just my .02

Time for a change. Brownell would be great for mid-level schools. He could work the transfer Port-a-let and keep them in contention to win the Socon, WAC, Mid-Atlantic, etc.

Interesting. This sounds exactly like Brad’s postgame Friday night.

Mar 9, 2020, 6:30 AM

No mention of the fact that there is a tournament coming up this week, and the chance there is still a lot of ball left to be played.

Have you given up?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quick look at the standings would make it appear as though

Mar 9, 2020, 8:27 AM

we are 9th out of 15 teams in the ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

That's still very good.***

Mar 9, 2020, 9:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Especially when you consider that this is something like

Mar 9, 2020, 6:30 AM

The 9th rebuilding year in a row.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol

Mar 9, 2020, 11:49 AM

You're forgetting how good the ACC is this year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

We are the 8 seed in the ACC Tournament.

Mar 9, 2020, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Quick look at the standings would make it appear as though ]

HTH

Correct, but you were obviously referring to the regular

Mar 9, 2020, 10:25 AM

season since you stated "15 ACC teams"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Hopefully the official ACC site (link attached) can help clear this up...

Mar 9, 2020, 10:30 AM

https://theacc.com/standings.aspx?path=mbball

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

No, we are still 8th out of 15 teams.

Mar 9, 2020, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Correct, but you were obviously referring to the regular ]

The fact that Georgia Tech's NCAA sanctions prevent them from participating in the ACC Tournament isn't our problem.

Interesting, didn't realize Ga Tech was required to

Mar 9, 2020, 10:40 AM

vacate all ACC wins in the regular season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think there’s still confusion here...

Mar 9, 2020, 10:51 AM

GT finished 5th in the final ACC regular season standings, however, they are not allowed to participate in post season play, including the ACC Tournament. GT still finished 5th in the ACC regular season standings though, with Clemson finishing 9th, according to the ACC’s website.

Why are you fighting so hard to make us 9th?

Mar 9, 2020, 9:35 PM

The difference in one spot doesn’t matter, other than to show that you would rather be “right” than be positive about Clemson basketball.

You’ll need to take your ranking concerns up with the ACC...

Mar 10, 2020, 7:52 AM

I don’t determine the standings, they do. And I’m not sure how providing a link to the official standings makes me negative about Clemson basketball. You provided bad info, again. No need to do that. Let the team’s achievements speak for themselves. Like you said, 8th is only one spot better than 9th, no real gain made by fudging the standings. And if it was a simple error on your part, no problem, just say so. Why double down on it when the facts are not debatable?

I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again, I like CBB, and think he deserves a ton of credit for what he’s been able to do while at Clemson. In fact, I think he deserves another year. However, I also think it hurts CBB more than it helps him when you, or anyone else, make things up in an effort to validate him. Let his resume stand on its own. Why is that so difficult?

I don't have a ranking concern. The ACC has seeded us 8th

Mar 10, 2020, 1:23 PM

for the tournament. That is a fact.

It's obviously very important to you that:

A. You point out my "error" and
B. You let everyone know that we finished 9th instead of 8th.

I did not make anything up. I was going by our ACC Tournament seeding, which is clearly based on order of finish during the regular season, after accounting for ties (and in this case, teams such as GT that are not eligible for the postseason).

I hope you don't actually believe that someone posting our ACC Tournament seed of 8th, rather than our regular season finish of 9th, harms Brownell or our basketball program in any way.

You are correct, we are the 8th seed.

Mar 10, 2020, 1:54 PM

1) I would hope someone would point out an error if I made one. It could save me a lot of headache.
2) I couldn't care less if the ACC had us finishing 7th, 8th, or 9th. But I wouldn't want to be putting bad info out there with my username next to it either.

All you have to do in a case like this is say "You know what, I was looking at the seeds, not the ACC regular season rankings, lol. But either way you look at it, we did better than expected." No one on the board would think another thing about it.

Re: Why are you fighting so hard to make us 9th?

Mar 10, 2020, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Why are you fighting so hard to make us 9th? ]

Francis Marion® does this qualify as the "gaslighting" you've brought up in the past?

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

I'm still trying to digest what he wrote.***

Mar 10, 2020, 9:01 AM

they did not vacate any wins therefore we are 9th

Mar 9, 2020, 11:22 AM [ in reply to No, we are still 8th out of 15 teams. ]

and it will go down in the ACC record books as 9th no matter what you want to tell yourself. The ACCT has no bearing on regular season standings. They simply chose to sitout the tournament to end any future punishment, they werent actually required to or given any sanctions saying they cant. Had they filed an appeal, they could have participated and the sanctions would have been placed on next years team. Had they participated, they would not have been forced to vacate any wins pending result of appeal. The sanctions would have just been placed on next year. They wanted to just get out in front of this and end it now.

Please do not confuse the issue with facts***

Mar 9, 2020, 11:46 AM

Why is it so important to you that we are 9th instead of 8th?

Mar 9, 2020, 9:37 PM

Funny how some of you don’t fight this hard for something in reverse.

no its just being factually correct, I agree we had a decent

Mar 10, 2020, 7:52 AM

season considering the circumstances. However, I am not going to be inaccurate about the results. If they had vacated wins, I would be right there with you saying we are 8th.

Funny how facts don't seem to matter when

Mar 10, 2020, 1:15 PM

I bring up things like:

-we beat UNC for the first time ever (which is downplayed because "UNC is awful.")
-Brad is our winningest men's basketball coach (which is downplayed because "he's been here longer than others.")
-we beat three top 6 teams for the first time in 40 years (which is downplayed because "we're so inconsistent.")
-we finished in the middle of the pack (which is downplayed because "the ACC is so weak this year.")

If some people fought as hard for the truth in all situations, rather than just when it fits their argument/agenda, then perhaps their true support for the basketball program wouldn't be in question.

A few things....

Mar 10, 2020, 1:21 PM

"Brad is our winningest men's basketball coach"

Brad is also our losingest(is that a word?) men's basketball coach. Just saying...

"we finished in the middle of the pack"

technically, 9th out of 15 isn't middle of the pack. 7-8 is middle of the pack, and we finished in the lower half. Again, just saying...

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Technically, you couldn't be more wrong.

Mar 10, 2020, 1:34 PM

Saying that "7-8 is middle of the pack" is incorrect.

I'll make this easy for you.

8 <-- DEAD CENTER, RIGHT HERE

With 8 being the dead center, 7 teams are ranked above and 7 teams are ranked below. Depending on how one wants to group the middle of the pack, the middle of the pack could be teams 7-9 or even teams 6-10. Regardless, the team who is #8 is in the middle.

If you include the team ranked 7, then you have to include the team ranked 9 or else you're wrong.

It's clear that you are going to great lengths to discredit our basketball program. You don't want us to be middle of the pack this year, because that would mean you have to say something positive about our program and be positive for once. You clearly aren't able to do that.

Technically,

Mar 10, 2020, 1:45 PM

7.5 is dead center.

HTH

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Technically,

Mar 10, 2020, 2:56 PM

7.5 is not dead center. 8th is...7 teams are above 8th place, and 7 teams are below 8th place.

Let's make this even more simple...

Is 1.5 the center of that 3-team pack, or is 2 the center?

C: Not enough information to solve.***

Mar 10, 2020, 3:02 PM

No, he's going to great lengths to discredit

Mar 10, 2020, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Technically, you couldn't be more wrong. ]

you

Everything you listed is indeed a fact

Mar 10, 2020, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Funny how facts don't seem to matter when ]

can you honestly say the things in parenthesis aren't true?

No one can take away that we beat UNC at their place for the first time ever, they were down this year but it still was a landmark event. No other Clemson team can be the first ever anymore.

Brownell is in fact the winningest coach but yes he has most definitely been here 10 years

We beat 3 top 6 teams and lost to some of the worst. That's absolutely inconsistent. Again beating those 3 in the same season is a big deal.

We did finish middle of the pack in a somewhat weaker than normal league but it exceeded the medias preseason rankings.

I think we exceeded overall expectations no doubt, but you have to ask yourself.....If we can Beat Duke, Louisville, and FSU why can't we beat Va Tech, GT, Wake etc.

I sincerely hope the two new guys come in and with the experience some of our younger guys got this year can make next year something special. it is however starting to feel crazy when we are consistently saying maybe next year.

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

And, to bring this ridiculous thread full circle

Mar 10, 2020, 1:36 PM

we are also indeed 8th based on the ACC Tournament seedings.

That is true as well, however

Mar 10, 2020, 2:24 PM

we did not finish 8th out of 15 in the conference final standings as you stated in your OP.

this is where you lose fact

Mar 10, 2020, 2:44 PM [ in reply to And, to bring this ridiculous thread full circle ]

we were the 9th seed based on regular season, since GT didnt vacate wins. Rather than award the 12/13th winner with an undeserved bye and lose a Wednesday game, the ACC simply moved everyone up a spot. Doesnt mean we are magically 8th. Technically speaking, GT should have been seeded 5th and the brackets should have been made. Then GT would have simply forfeited their game and the winner of the 12/13 matchup would have moved on by way of forfeit. Since the ACC knew in advance GT was declaring itself ineligible, in the spirit of fairness to the 6-11 seeded teams and not technically what should have happened, they simply moved everyone up and eliminated a Tuesday game. In ACC minds it would not have been fair to the 6-11 seeds to give the 12/13 seeds a bye.

To illustrate my point, if GT had not announced it was self imposing before hand and simply showed up the day of the game and forfeited, they would have absolutely been the 5th seed bumping everyone back to their proper place.

the difference is - one is fact

Mar 11, 2020, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Funny how facts don't seem to matter when ]

we finished 9th not 8th. it is what it is.

we also did the things you reference - the part people disagree on is not that we won or lost or BB record - it is the narrative or opinion to go with that.

9th is better than i expected. i agree with some of what you said. but saying we were 8th when we are not and then fighting about a fact is taking away from your post (which most of us agree with) IMO anyway.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well if we're just going to make up crap, why don't we say

Mar 10, 2020, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Why is it so important to you that we are 9th instead of 8th? ]

we finished third in the ACC. Heck, let's say we finished first!!

No one is making up crap.

Mar 10, 2020, 1:17 PM

I stated that we finished 8th, based on our ACC Tournament seeding. Unsurprisingly, several people here had a problem with that and made a colossal issue out if it. Okay, so we actually finished 9th when you include Georgia Tech. It still doesn't change my point about our season.

I didn't make anything up. We did finish 8th based on our tournament seeding, which is just as true as us finishing 9th in the regular season based on pre-tournament seedings. This shouldn't be so complicated, but true to form, some people are making it so.

Incorrect...

Mar 10, 2020, 1:25 PM

You did not say "we finished 8th, based on our ACC Tournament seeding".

You said "...Finishing 8th out of 15 ACC teams in a rebuilding year with all of the challenges we have had is an accomplishment for sure."

But we did finish 8th out of 15 ACC teams.

Mar 10, 2020, 1:38 PM

It's not my problem that Georgia Tech isn't seeded for the ACC Tournament.

Can you just admit you were wrong so this thread will die?

Mar 10, 2020, 1:42 PM

Geez

Re: Can you just admit you were wrong so this thread will die?

Mar 10, 2020, 1:46 PM

The fact this is being debated tells all you need to know

Mar 9, 2020, 12:27 PM [ in reply to No, we are still 8th out of 15 teams. ]

about JK.

We finished the regular season in 9th place - out of 15 teams.

LOL - it's comical.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Forgive me for giving our team as much credit as I can.

Mar 9, 2020, 9:33 PM

Silly me for pulling for our team and painting their performance in the best light.

That’s what we all do when it comes to football. Why not basketball?!?

But since some of you are so determined to make it known that we were 9th and not 8th, my point still stands. We finished middle of the pack, our team has shown a lot of fight, and there were positives this year. PERIOD.

its not painting it in the best light, it making things up

Mar 10, 2020, 7:58 AM

Your point is correct, we did a decent job this season with alot of positives to build on considering all of the circumstances. You should have stopped there.

Saying that we finished 8th in the ACC isn't making

Mar 10, 2020, 1:41 PM

things up.

We are seeded 8th in the tournament, which is based on regular season performance after accounting for tiebreakers and, in this case, teams not participating in the postseason.

If we finished in a three way tie for 5th, but based on tiebreakers we were seeded 6th or 7th, I can guarantee you that many people here would be talking about us finishing 6th or 7th and not saying that we finished 5th.

Re: Forgive me for giving our team as much credit as I can.

Mar 11, 2020, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Forgive me for giving our team as much credit as I can. ]

now i agree with that!

So does that mean in your world UNC finished

Mar 9, 2020, 12:46 PM [ in reply to No, we are still 8th out of 15 teams. ]

in 14th out of 15 teams, one spot ahead of GT?

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I don’t care where UNC finishes. I’m a Clemson fan.

Mar 9, 2020, 11:38 PM

Please keep up.

Ok, I will put you down as a "yes" answer then***

Mar 10, 2020, 8:09 AM

That's not what you said though is it?

Mar 9, 2020, 11:44 AM [ in reply to We are the 8 seed in the ACC Tournament. ]

"Finishing 8th out of 15 ACC teams in a rebuilding year with all of the challenges we have had is an accomplishment for sure."

We didn't finish 8th out of 15 ACC teams, we finished 9th out of 15 ACC teams. Hth.

Do you feel better now?

Mar 9, 2020, 9:38 PM

You’re fighting awfully hard to make us one spot lower in the standings. It doesn’t change the point of my post whatsoever.

Seriously?

Mar 9, 2020, 10:14 PM

I gave your OP a TU because even though I don’t agree with all of it I thought it was classy. Now you’re back to the same irrational nonsense. We finished 9th in the regular season. Nobody is taking anything from the team in stating that fact. Denying that fact is asinine.

I didn't deny that we finished 9th if you include Georgia

Mar 10, 2020, 1:44 PM

Tech. There is no debating that. However, there is also no debating that we finished 8th based on seeding for the ACC Tournament.

The conference tournament ranking/seeding should be considered at least as important as the regular season finish, if not more important, since the tournament is the vehicle by which we determine the ACC Champion.

I have no impact on the standings, but I'm flattered you

Mar 10, 2020, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Do you feel better now? ]

think I have that type of power. No, I'm just being helpful here since it is a fact that we finished 9th. I figured it was a typo at first, but the way you've gotten defensive suggests otherwise.

good catch - i thought the same thing - we were 9th

Mar 11, 2020, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Quick look at the standings would make it appear as though ]

i agree with some of the sentiments - but also when we feel pretty good about being 9th - that says a lot.

Mar 9, 2020, 8:48 AM

Isnt the OP the same guy who suggested the "fire Brad" crowd should worry about why LSU was allowed to beat our tail in the Natty

Oh wow, you're right.

Mar 9, 2020, 10:27 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Rather-than-posting-snarky-basketball-posts-26964429#26964429

Not the "fire Brad" crowd.

Mar 9, 2020, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: I would like to thank our coaches and players ]

Just the ones who think it's okay to post stuff like that guy did.

I don't have a problem with anyone wanting to fire Brad, that's their opinion.

"I don't have a problem with anyone wanting to fire Brad"

Mar 9, 2020, 10:46 AM

So now - I'm having a MASSIVE crisis about what is stoopider

Mar 9, 2020, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Not the "fire Brad" crowd. ]

AND COMPLETELY FALSE NARRATIVE about 2 posts in this ONE thread.

It's pretty incredulous that TWO of these posts are appearing in the same thread.

I present for your examination:

Post 1 - . . . . . "Finishing 8th out of 15 ACC teams in a rebuilding year with all of the challenges we have had is an accomplishment for sure."

This is categorically & unequivocally 100% NOT TRUE . . . . you could NOT FIND a more UNTRUE statement if you tried.

And then . . . . this comes along to create the MASSIVE crisis:

Post 2 - . . . . . . "I don't have a problem with anyone wanting to fire Brad, that's their opinion."

Like a stealth CLUSTER BOMB from 50,000 feet THIS beauty gets dropped.

An impressive feat for this one thread.

(Insert impressive clapping, awe & wonder gif thingy right here)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Cool story, bro.***

Mar 9, 2020, 9:40 PM

Mar 9, 2020, 10:41 PM

Their highs and lows made it a very frustrating season..progress by players and coaches performance during the season was very inconsistent...So how would you grade the season? C+ or B-.

The season isn’t over yet, so I’ll save my grade for when it is.***

Mar 9, 2020, 11:40 PM

"Finishing 8th out of 15 ACC teams"

Mar 10, 2020, 8:50 AM

Mar 10, 2020, 9:24 AM

Mar 10, 2020, 9:27 AM

Hey do you remember that time that I posted a topic and called a lot of posters on here snowflakes? I asked a simple question, but called the brownell haters snowflakes. I got a bunch of TD's :(

Posters continued to lecture me that if I addressed the board respectfully that I would get respect in return, and it would lead to some substantive conversations.

Glad to see you all practicing what you preach.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you'll notice,

Mar 10, 2020, 9:34 AM

everything was fine until a person pointed out a fallacy in the OP's statement. Yes someone used facts to show that the OP was making things look the way they wanted it to rather than basing the comments on facts.

The OP said we finished 8th in the conference which is not true. We finished 9th. because GT is banned from the tourney and we got the 8th seed does not mean we finished 8th in the final conference standings.

Pretty cut and dry if you ask me. It was still a decent season based on what was predicted but you can't just make up things to try and make your point look better.

When that happened the OP started to lash out at others. You reap what you sow here.

Re: If you'll notice,

Mar 10, 2020, 9:37 AM

everything was fine until a person pointed out a fallacy in the OP's statement. Yes someone used facts to show that the OP was making things look the way they wanted it to rather than basing the comments on facts.

The OP said we finished 8th in the conference which is not true. We finished 9th. because GT is banned from the tourney and we got the 8th seed does not mean we finished 8th in the final conference standings.

Pretty cut and dry if you ask me. It was still a decent season based on what was predicted but you can't just make up things to try and make your point look better.

When that happened the OP started to lash out at others. You reap what you sow here.

OMG how dare he use our ACC tournament ranking instead of our regular season ranking. What a ####.

"It's crazy man, everyone was being respectful and the thread was going great. Then JK had the audacity to post our ACC tournament seeding instead of our regular season ranking and I couldn't let this slide. NOT THIS TIME"

You are a baby and are proving my point when I called you a snowflake.

Seems to me that you and Karen are the ones acting like

Mar 10, 2020, 9:47 AM

"snowflakes" in this thread...

I guess it's just another example of irony in your posts...

awe, you poor baby

Mar 10, 2020, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: If you'll notice, ]

Mar 10, 2020, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: If you'll notice, ]

If he was using the tournament seeding then why did he say 8th out of 15 teams when in fact there are only 14 teams in the tournament? He was caught in a lie and is too big of a douchenozzle to admit his mistake.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Mar 10, 2020, 10:02 AM [ in reply to If you'll notice, ]

Ok snowflake. Please point to JK "lashing out".

Was it when Danny Ford said ### is wrong with you people and JK responded with

"Whining and complaining and being negative in general is no way to live life."

Or was it when he said this

"Why are you fighting so hard to make us 9th. The difference in one spot doesn’t matter, other than to show that you would rather be “right” than be positive about Clemson basketball."

Man, JK lashes out so hard. He's like a #### honey badger! Can't believe he would lash out like this.

"Silly me for pulling for our team and painting their performance in the best light. That’s what we all do when it comes to football. Why not basketball?!?"

But that is not enough. This was the final straw when it comes to lashing out

"I don't have a problem with anyone wanting to fire Brad, that's their opinion."

Do you see why I call you a snowflake? These are the posts you are describing as lashing out. He has been way more respectful than you idiots in this thread, yet you are crying about civility. Grow up.

LOL at you defending him defending a false narrative....***

Mar 10, 2020, 10:09 AM

Re: LOL at you defending him defending a false narrative....***

Mar 10, 2020, 10:17 AM

LOL at you not being able to read. Nobody is defending a false narrative.

You're creating a false narrative that I'm defending a false narrative! Now that's some irony. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

If you would read some of my quotes of JK "lashing out" he acknowledged that we were regular season 8 and ACCT 9th. He said it's not much of a difference, and even said that he was painting the team in a positive light.

But I understand that you all can't get past the "lashing out" so no biggie.

Mar 10, 2020, 10:21 AM

Mar 10, 2020, 11:20 AM

Once again CUTigerDave hiding behind GIF's because he can't defend the dumb #### that he says.

You said JK was lashing out and that was your problem with him. I provided examples of what might be construed as lashing out and asked for you to point them out.

And then you respond with 2 dumb GIF's. Sucks to suck, dude

Mar 10, 2020, 12:08 PM

Why do you feel the need to defend JK? Not just this thread, but ALL THE TIME. It’s almost more annoying than the passive aggressive crap that JK posts.

Mar 10, 2020, 12:50 PM

Why do you feel the need to defend JK? Not just this thread, but ALL THE TIME. It’s almost more annoying than the passive aggressive crap that JK posts.

It's actually been in 2 threads on 2 separate occasions. If that counts as "all the time" then so be it.

I just find it incredibly odd that somebody that actually makes positive, informed, and realistic (IMO) posts on basketball gets completely shat (yes, I used the word shat) on by pretty much everyone on the board.

Also I happen to agree with him a lot more than the haters.

It's whatever. Again, I don't post that often so you can forget about me after this thread.

I don't think you know what passive aggressive means.***

Mar 10, 2020, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL at you defending him defending a false narrative....*** ]

Re: I don't think you know what passive aggressive means.***

Mar 10, 2020, 1:56 PM

I just looked it up. Saw your picture.

Funny, because Bashful Baron sounds an awful lot like

Mar 10, 2020, 1:58 PM

passive aggressive.

I'm LOLing here!!!!

Re: Funny, because Bashful Baron sounds an awful lot like

Mar 10, 2020, 2:07 PM

Oh I hit a nerve.

Mar 10, 2020, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL at you defending him defending a false narrative....*** ]

I defend JK. Could you milk me?

Mar 10, 2020, 6:45 PM

I defend JK. Could you milk me?

Mar 10, 2020, 6:48 PM

Exactly!!!! ??

Yes***

Mar 10, 2020, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL at you defending him defending a false narrative....*** ]

Those 2 "dumb" gifs

Mar 10, 2020, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL at you defending him defending a false narrative....*** ]

are better than anything you've ever put on here.

BTW are you JK's ##### slave or just a minion?

Just for the record,

Mar 10, 2020, 1:02 PM

I'm here for the dumb gifs.

Mar 10, 2020, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL at you defending him defending a false narrative....*** ]

Link to where I said you're defending a false narrative?

Also, link to Karen acknowledging she's wrong?

You tried. You failed. It's what we all expected....

You do you, snowflake

Mar 10, 2020, 1:01 PM

Link to where I said I was defending a false narrative? I think the word I used was "nobody" is defending a false narrative. But who really cares.

JK said the following

"Silly me for pulling for our team and painting their performance in the best light. That’s what we all do when it comes to football. Why not basketball?!?"

Simple reasoning shows that he understands that we were 9th in regular season and 8th in the tourney. But I don't expect you to understand that.

Anyways, have a good day. I'm done arguing BS semantics with you. Apparently you enjoy this.

You said, and I quote.....

Mar 10, 2020, 1:10 PM

"You're creating a false narrative that I'm defending a false narrative!"

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, this would've gone away quickly had Karen just admitted to being wrong. Instead, in true Karen fashion, she decided to "argue" with those explaining the FACTS, while attempting to make herself the victim.

See ya, snowflake.

P.S. I try to keep politics off of the boards, but I bet you feel the Bern, don't you?

Re: You said, and I quote.....

Mar 10, 2020, 1:35 PM

Once again, you couldn’t be more wrong.

What’s funny, is a lot of your troll buddies are Bernie guys.

I thought you said

Mar 10, 2020, 2:29 PM

you were done!

Guess you lied!

Just like a Bernie Lover

Lots of snowflakes here. It's both comical and sad.

Mar 10, 2020, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL at you defending him defending a false narrative....*** ]

Isn't it amazing that people who claim to love Clemson and want to see the program succeed are fighting so hard for us actually finishing 9th instead of 8th?!?

It's both comical and sad that you refuse to admit you're

Mar 10, 2020, 2:00 PM

wrong, and instead try to argue a false narrative.

Mar 10, 2020, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: If you'll notice, ]

I didn't make anything up. We are the 8th seed.

Mar 10, 2020, 1:27 PM [ in reply to If you'll notice, ]

If it makes you feel better to say that we're 9th, go ahead. My point still stands - I'm proud of our team, they've worked really hard, they overcame adversity, and finished in the middle of the pack in the ACC in a rebuilding year.

Sadly, you and your pals care more about arguing over 8 versus 9, and crowning yourselves as champions of truth, than focusing on the point of the post, which was to recognize our team's effort during the regular season. I bet it's depressing living life with such a negative outlook.

Mar 10, 2020, 9:44 AM

You already gave up on the ACC tournament? Geez what a pessimist ??

Mar 10, 2020, 10:43 AM

My summary of CLEMSON basketball:
I pull for every CLEMSON team, regardless of sport. Some I pull for harder because the sport just matters more to me. My top 3 would of course be FOOTBALL(we are the best in the country as a program right now), Men's Basketball and now Women's Softball. Two of the three I am overjoyed about, Football and Softball, softball for 2 reasons, one we finally have joined the modern world in the south and fielded a team and the other is that they are really fun to watch and are only gonna get better. They will be a force nationally sooner rather than later.
Now onto our albatross, our men's basketball team can play like world beaters on Tuesday, then play like absolute garbage on Thursday. A coach can only do so much, players have to show up ready to play, motivated, and actually understand the game. Watching us play this season I sometimes marveled at they way we moved on offense, passed the ball to the open man and then converted. Then there were days I wanted to turn the TV to ####### cause that's how we were playing. Players throwing up three's with nary a rebounder in site, players sprinting down the court after a shot without seeing if it went in, and the biggest fault I have is that there is no way in hell should players who can't shot free throws with at least 65% accuracy should never be on the court in the last 5 minutes of a game.
I like CBB, and I believe he is a good not great coach, but much of this falls on his shoulders because ultimately the HC is in charge. I don't know if this is the year to make a change, but I do know that at some point when no progress is being made a change has to come. I feel that 2021 should be, barring catastrophic injuries, a make the tournament or thank you for your service year.

Pre season rankings ...

Mar 10, 2020, 2:08 PM

Why is it that I keep reading we have exceeded all these expectations this year with what we had? Why so much out into pre season rankings or expectations ... we obviously had the talent to compete when we beat Duke, Louisville, and FSU which I don’t think ppl expected pre season . Same as UNC having a lot of first place votes and being number 2 pre season and we see what happened with that. We were pegged 11th preseason and finished 9th... not exceeding expectations really IMO but what the media says pre season is irrelevant, we proved we could play with anyone but just were WAY too inconsistent ... point is I don’t agree with it being some great accomplishment bc we finished 2 spots ahead of where the media expected us to... we should have been much higher with the way we played at times . I think BB should have been gone 5 years ago but at this point will agree he should at least get next year and no doubt if we aren’t in the tourney he’s gone... I can see the potential with a few players development this year and should only get better. If we could just skip the first couple games in the ACC tourney I think we could win the thing, unfortunately we have to play equal to lesser talent to get there and we saw how that went all year

Anyone else find it interesting that the OP said

Mar 10, 2020, 2:51 PM

"The difference in one spot doesn’t matter" in one of her responses in this thread, however, she has continued to argue against that point throughout the thread?

Mar 11, 2020, 3:44 PM

After the win today I have move the season grade up to B-..I hope is an upward trend.

Mar 12, 2020, 10:44 PM

Your posting is repugnant.

Mar 13, 2020, 12:03 AM

I will also thank the players and coaches for being mediocre because apparently that is what some fans expect from you.

Replies: 137
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic