Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Was Billy being interviewed on a boat?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Was Billy being interviewed on a boat?

Sep 19, 2020, 11:07 AM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what was the story with Napier leaving ?

Sep 19, 2020, 11:08 AM

pushed out

fired

or he left for better opportunity

I don't remember - doesn't matter - pulling for him

great Clemson guy

null

Re: what was the story with Napier leaving ?

Sep 19, 2020, 11:10 AM

Dabo fired him!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Yep...right after the fiasco in the Belk Bowl***

Sep 20, 2020, 8:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what was the story with Napier leaving ?

Sep 19, 2020, 11:10 AM [ in reply to what was the story with Napier leaving ? ]

fired as I recall. the job was a stretch for him then and it just didnt work out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo gave him the keys to the offense.

Sep 19, 2020, 11:12 AM [ in reply to what was the story with Napier leaving ? ]

He drove it over a cliff.

Dabo's hands were tied.

Early in Dabo's career, maybe he put too much trust in Napier or maybe Napier just wasn't ready.

Had to move on, brought in Chad Morris and didn't look back.

oh yeah - right that's when we got Chad

Sep 19, 2020, 11:15 AM

right

null

He left due to an illness...

Sep 19, 2020, 11:17 AM [ in reply to what was the story with Napier leaving ? ]

The head coach and the fans were sick if his offense.

Thank you Coach Howard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: He left due to an illness...

Sep 19, 2020, 11:19 AM

I remember Coach Howard saying that when he left as head coach. It was a sad day in the team meeting when Coach Howard told us he was leaving. I really liked Coach Howard. I couldn't stand Hootie Ingram.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2020, 11:25 AM

Amen to Hootie. Zero vision and personality. Play not to lose football. I will never understand that hire

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2020, 11:34 AM

He could look you in the eye, tell you a lie, and then say he didn't say it. Terrible hire for Clemson. Supposedly he does get credit for the Paw on the helmet, etc. I really doubt it was his idea (he was not at all visionary nor ingenious), but if he really were the paw addition, it had to be a fluke contribution. Best day in Clemson's history was the day he left, never to return.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He left due to an illness...NOOOOooooooooooooooo

Sep 19, 2020, 11:42 AM

Paw began during his tenure by coincidence. Henderson adv came up with it. He had no input and he stopped the running down the Hill. He was a program killer and didnt take over a great team. No credit for any innovaation

Re: He left due to an illness...NOOOOooooooooooooooo

Sep 20, 2020, 7:31 PM

I love your comments! I didn't know how we got The Paw, and I'm glad he really had nothing to do with it, if that's the case. I am elated that he left when he did, I'd be even happier had he not even been at Clemson. I asked one of my teammates what he would do if hootie had an attack of appendicitis on the 50 yard line of Frank Howard Field in Death Valley, and he said, without hesitation, "I'd run out there and kick him in the ribs". That about sums up the sentiment of many, if not all, of my former teammates.

Back in the day...

Sep 19, 2020, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: He left due to an illness... ]

or at least my day, all of the student athletes shared the same weight room in Jervey. Occasionally, Coach Howard would walk down from his office for a visit. If you were lucky enough to be in there when he made one of his random visits, it was always a real treat. His stories were hilarious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Back in the day...

Sep 19, 2020, 11:37 AM

He was very smart and very entertaining. I always appreciated his honesty, even when he was criticizing me.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic