Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My football story from this past weekend....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

My football story from this past weekend....

Feb 3, 2014, 10:23 AM

I'm a registered Professional Engineer, and I volunteer at NCEES in Clemson once a quarter to help prepare questions, exams, specifications, etc. A good friend of mine from TN also does this, and this past weekend we had a meeting and we both brought our wives. His wife had never been to Clemson, so after dinner on Saturday night, I drove them around campus and gave them a brief tour. We went to the football stadium around 9:30 p.m., and we got out and looked through the gate at the top of the hill. The stadium was lit up and all the screens were flashing, I guess due to the big recruiting weekend. I told them about the stadium, the Rock, etc, and noticed two guys on the field throwing the football around in the West end zone.

We then drove around to the West End Zone, and I noticed one of the small gates was unlocked. I asked them if they wanted to go on the field, and even though my wife was worried, we out-voted her. We walked through the gate, down the tunnel, and came out into the end zone. After taking a few pictures, I walked toward the players and immediately noticed one was Deshaun Watson (the other was Artavis Scott). I began talking with them, and my wife, my friends, and our 8-year-old daughter joined in. They were very polite and humble young men, and took time to pose for pictures with my daughter and our wives. My friend even grabbed a football, asked Artavis to run a 10-yard out (which he did), and my friend threw him a pass.

The talked with us for about 20 minutes (recruitment, family, where they were from, etc.), and I asked them why they chose Clemson. They said they chose Clemson because of the coaches and the family atmosphere. They absolutely love Dabo and Chad. I told them it was a great place to be. I also asked them what they were doing out on the field so late, and they showed me sheets of paper and said they were trying to learn the playbook.

As we were leaving, we thanked them for their time, and they thanked us for stopping by and talking with them, and gave our wives and my daughter a hug. When I got back to the end zone, I yelled to Deshaun that I was open, and he threw me a pass.

My friends now want their daughter to come to Clemson, and my 8-year-old can't stop talking about it. Dabo has recruited not only good players but fine young men.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson and the sons of Clemson

Feb 3, 2014, 10:27 AM

are special people. Cool story

Re: Clemson and the sons of Clemson

Feb 3, 2014, 10:34 AM

Good story. Only at Clemson is that likely to happen. But, most of know that Clemson is a special place.

Why is Clemson so special?

Feb 4, 2014, 8:43 AM

Gentlemen, and Ladies,

The place is not special unless we help keep it that way. We have a lot of responsibility, a grand duty, a great legacy and a wonderful opportunity. May we all do our parts to keep it special by all being the people we need to be professionally, personally and spiritually. May we continue to treasure this place, grow it, show it proudly, wear the colors and enhance the vision of Mr. Clemson for the betterment of the common man. Go Tigers! Beat Carolina!

POTD....a must read!!! 2 TU***

Feb 3, 2014, 10:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: POTD....a must read!!! 2 TU***

Feb 3, 2014, 10:40 AM

Yes, that was a cool story.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But did you catch the pass?***

Feb 3, 2014, 10:43 AM

Yes I did, thank God!***

Feb 3, 2014, 10:49 AM

Thanks...Great story

Feb 3, 2014, 10:58 AM

I'm glad your wife let you go in!

Well, they do have an 8 year old daughter ...

Feb 3, 2014, 11:46 AM

... so I assumed that was a given. ;)

Wait, what are we talking about?

I see what you did there...***

Feb 3, 2014, 11:56 AM

The best part about this story is...going forward

Feb 3, 2014, 11:24 AM

every time your wife tries to tell you something is a bad idea, you can fall back on this as an example of when she was wrong. It's every man's dream to have that card to play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Oh yeah, that works...

Feb 3, 2014, 6:11 PM

in your dreams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The best part about this story is...going forward

Feb 4, 2014, 8:09 AM [ in reply to The best part about this story is...going forward ]

Some idiot TD you, what a moron. Get me to if that trips your trigger you A$S hole!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know Mimi?

Feb 3, 2014, 11:54 AM

Tell her I said hey.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Yep, she's a good friend.***

Feb 3, 2014, 11:55 AM

Cool

Feb 3, 2014, 11:59 AM

she was my wife's college roommate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

+4

Feb 3, 2014, 3:04 PM

scoks

ROLL OUT

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post 88! Thanks

Feb 3, 2014, 7:51 PM

Thank you for sharing that!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My football story from this past weekend....

Feb 3, 2014, 7:55 PM

Very cool story, memories that will last forever!

Great story

Feb 3, 2014, 10:47 PM

I came down from Tn few months ago but wasnt lucky enough to find any unlocked gates. was wanting so bad to get on the field. Hopefully next time

Not sure why, but that almost made me tear up a little.

Feb 4, 2014, 9:04 AM

Great story. The future is bright for those 2 guys if they're that dedicated.

On a side note, we occasionally need the services of a P.E. Shoot me a Tmail if your interested in some extra business.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic