Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Took mom of to get tested for Covid today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,053

Took mom of to get tested for Covid today

Mar 1, 2021, 12:25 PM

As she felt terrible last week. She was positive.

Looks like she caught it between getting the Moderna shots 1 and 2. She got the 2nd shot on Monday, and started feeling really bad on Friday night. That was a week ago. She felt bad all week long, started feeling better this weekend. I guess she may have caught at the place she got the shot. Either way, she got it after the 1st shot.

Word of warning for those who have gotten the 1st shot but not completed the 2nd.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope your mom feels better, dude.***

Mar 1, 2021, 12:26 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Hope she gets well soon.

Mar 1, 2021, 12:35 PM

I think the shots will end up being not as much help as advertised. They will help the elderly and others from getting severe cases, and decrease deaths greatly, and be worth getting for most people, but it's still going to go around much like it has. Just a hunch.

This "variant" stuff is just a heads up. They know. But it will be like flu shots. They make the flu less bad. But they by no means prevent you from getting anything other than the variant the flu vaccine was designed for. There are dozens of others that then will get you. BUT, it helps you fight all the flu variants to some extent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Today was 10 days after she started with symptoms

Mar 1, 2021, 12:42 PM

and 3 days with no fever. She was still pretty weak, but between covid and the 2nd shot 3 weeks ago, I can understand why.

We were both wearing masks, and I had the back window open in the truck, and my window cracked. I got vaccinated back in January, so I guess its possible I'll find out if my vaccine is working.

Ts and Ps. Hope she gets better soon.***

Mar 1, 2021, 12:45 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers for a quick recovery...***

Mar 1, 2021, 12:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Point of clarification, por favor.

Mar 1, 2021, 12:58 PM

She got 2nd shot Monday, then started feeling bad Friday like 5 days later?

Or feeling bad Friday, got 2nd shot Monday like 3 days later.

Doesn't really matter I guess, but I'm just curious.

Hope she is well soon.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Point of clarification, por favor.

Mar 1, 2021, 1:02 PM

Monday, 2/15 got second shot. Friday, 2/19 started feeling bad. Last fever she had was on 2/25.

its 94% effective not 100%***

Mar 1, 2021, 1:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And 2-3 weeks after 2 shots.

Mar 1, 2021, 1:03 PM

The moral of the story was you have to have both shots to be 95% effective.

Yep, only somewhere in the 50% range 2 weeks after the

Mar 1, 2021, 1:31 PM

first shot.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers for your Mom. Well wishes for you & your family.

Mar 1, 2021, 1:04 PM

Often there’s a “hidden” mental toll for all involved when dealing with the stress of any health issue. Take care of yourself & the family.

Yep. Dummass brother-in-law took wife's parents to

Mar 1, 2021, 1:09 PM

Red Lobster this weekend, apparently. They're between shots. They (parents) have been really cautious for the entire pandemic, and could have said no, but I'm sure they were ready to get out of the house and jumped at the chance.

BIL's wife pretty openly believes that Covid is a hoax that was created to get Trump out of office.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Soem folks will believe almost anything.***

Mar 1, 2021, 1:12 PM

Are we more outraged at restaurant selection, or her

Mar 1, 2021, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Yep. Dummass brother-in-law took wife's parents to ]

COVID hoax beliefs?

So they haven't been out at all in like a year? I don't know that Red Lobster would be enough to coax me out of hiding, but #### that's a long time holed up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd say all of it is pretty annoying. If ya fuggin' managed

Mar 1, 2021, 1:26 PM

THIS long to not get it, why run the risk now, and not wait another week or two? It should be pretty common sense that 1) you're not fully vaccinated/protected until you get the second shot, 2) if either of them gets it, it's a death sentence, and 3) Red Lobster? REALLY? It's fantastic food and all, but Red Lobster is what you're rolling the dice on?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully a partial vaccine will lesson the severity***

Mar 1, 2021, 1:34 PM

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,053
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic