Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remodel update.net
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Remodel update.net

Jan 22, 2021, 8:15 AM

Sorry to disappoint guys, but it's looking more and more like summer will be the time for the remodel.

Wood prices are through the ####### roof right now.

3 years ago I could get BC plywood for less than I can get OSB right now.

No idea why lumber prices are so high, but I think I'll wait until the prices go back down.

Anybody who does anything with wood right now is a dumb ###

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Why is wood so high? Lessee

Jan 22, 2021, 8:18 AM

1) Cutting operations, mills, and distribution running at less than 100% due to various Covid Issues.
2) Remodels through the roof due to dirt cheap lending rates
3) Home projects thru the roof due to hundreds of thousands of people getting a couple $600 checks and deciding to remodel their kitchen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People are suckers

Jan 22, 2021, 8:19 AM

stick that $600 in some growing lottery tickets and wait until wood prices go down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i just got hired by a contractor to do some structural

Jan 22, 2021, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Why is wood so high? Lessee ]

design for a kitchen remodel on a house that i gave the homeowner a fee to do back in october. my fee was too high back then when he was going to do the work himself.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang, when I had my first thinning, pulpwood was $10.76/ton

Jan 22, 2021, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Why is wood so high? Lessee ]

in April 2017.

The last SC report (3rd qtr 2020) is showing $8.85/ton.

Yes, I see what you're saying there.

Jan 22, 2021, 8:38 AM

No I don't. English man....this is like when you or maybe someone else started talking about steel mill stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The property owner / timber seller is getting less

Jan 22, 2021, 8:45 AM

and the buyer (FBCoachSC) is paying more.

ahhhh, ok. Reminds me of the old Mulch yard in Pineville NC

Jan 22, 2021, 8:47 AM

They charged people to get rid of trees there that the lumber yard wouldn't take, and then charged people for the mulch that resulted from them grinding the trees up.

Only business model I've ever seen where the Cost of Goods Sold was also a profit. Brilliant

Except I got paid for them to cut my trees around

Jan 22, 2021, 8:50 AM

$210/acre....today I would only get $170. Back then, lumber was much cheaper. Today lumber is much more expensive.

So let's see......

Jan 22, 2021, 8:51 AM

$210/acre times 4,860 acres. Wait this was just the river retreat....1,955 acres......

I live on 28 acres and I'm currently trying to buy

Jan 22, 2021, 8:56 AM

14 more. I do not own any other acreage or properties.

I can't win.

Jan 22, 2021, 8:57 AM

You get mad when I misplace your LDR status. You get mad when I inflate your LDR status....WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?

Got a meeting. Bye***

Jan 22, 2021, 9:00 AM

One of the locals around here got filthy rich

Jan 22, 2021, 8:51 AM [ in reply to ahhhh, ok. Reminds me of the old Mulch yard in Pineville NC ]

by doing a double dip deal.

The factory in one town was throwing away a by-product of production, the factory in the next town over was using this by-product for their production

Dude charges factory 1 to haul away all of the by-product saying he was taking it to the dump.

Dude takes it to factory 2 and sells it to them.

Got filthy rich.

Don't be vague. How close to $15,000 did he get?***

Jan 22, 2021, 9:01 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had wood cut down

Jan 22, 2021, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Yes, I see what you're saying there. ]

and then either got money for it or paid money to have it removed. Seems like it would be the former but the prices make me think it would be the latter.

I can't engrish nor maff, and whom am I to doubt a man that stuck his wiener in his step sister?

I believe he's saying that if you're selling trees, you're

Jan 22, 2021, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Yes, I see what you're saying there. ]

bending over, and if you're buying finished lumber, you're bending over. So, the lumber brokers/suppliers/Covid are operating a double headed dild0...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a couple jobs a week for people removing walls

Jan 22, 2021, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Why is wood so high? Lessee ]

and need a beam engineered. They saw how easy it was on HGTV. I do them on weekends. Easy fast side money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ultimate UDP answer if there ever was one***

Jan 22, 2021, 8:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

I would say if he can put off the remodel and save a few

Jan 22, 2021, 8:29 AM

dollars, that is a smart move, not UDP. What is 6 months if he is going to be there for a while? Throwing money away just to have it done immediately seems like a bad choice, but alas, I too am UDP.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on over to the UDP side, we have Great Value cookies***

Jan 22, 2021, 8:31 AM

You know, Chek Cola really isn't bad once you get used to it***

Jan 22, 2021, 8:32 AM

Also kids don't realize you bought the cheap

Jan 22, 2021, 8:35 AM

5lb bag of cereal if you refill the name brand box with it.

Let's say wood prices drop by 50% today.

Jan 22, 2021, 8:31 AM

How much you think you are going to save on this "remodel"?

If I recall correctly, new countertops and a repaint for the inside of your cabinets were in order.

What you need wood for? How much could you possibly need? Maff me through how much wood prices being high will actually cost.

The kitchen remodel is a small part of the overall remodel

that includes new roof, new flooring and turning the garage and laundry room into another bed/bathroom.

Man I think the biggest issue here

Jan 22, 2021, 8:33 AM

is that you are poor.

Re: Man I think the biggest issue here

Jan 22, 2021, 8:36 AM

Yep GIFs | Tenor

Wait.......are you doing your own re-roof?

Jan 22, 2021, 8:34 AM [ in reply to The kitchen remodel is a small part of the overall remodel ]

If so, you need to start a gofundme. I'd chip in $100 and I bet a ton of other lungers would as well if you promise to livestream it.

IN

Jan 22, 2021, 8:35 AM

for TRDJ and 2 scoks. ACTUALLY I PLEDGE TREE FIDDY.

I think I could do it myself

Jan 22, 2021, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Wait.......are you doing your own re-roof? ]

but no that one is getting contracted out.

Already got a quote. Got to work on getting a few more

Pro tip -

Jan 22, 2021, 8:55 AM

Have it inspected for damage. When our original roof needed replacing, I called a company to get a quote and he said you know you’ve got hail damage right? I thought it was a scam but insurance adjuster came out and said, he’s right and I only paid 25% of the cost for age of roof.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

i'm in. wood put the show home improvement to shame!***

Jan 22, 2021, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Wait.......are you doing your own re-roof? ]

dang, wood a new house be less expensive?***

Jan 22, 2021, 8:35 AM [ in reply to The kitchen remodel is a small part of the overall remodel ]

Wife wants to start looking for other houses

Jan 22, 2021, 8:38 AM

passively of course.

I like where I live now and don't want to move until the kids are older.

They can literally walk across the gravel road now and play with 5-6 kids their age in a very safe neighborhood.

I think you're going to have a long wait.

Prices aren't going down any time soon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Says the guy who built a shed in this economy***

Jan 22, 2021, 8:33 AM

Yep. Guy I know slipped one past the goalie and is

Jan 22, 2021, 8:51 AM

adding a bedroom. Insane the estimates. ALL contractors say it's the freaking wood. He just finished buying a decked out truck, and now he's going to have to buy another one, and change, to build a freaking bedroom.

Might be a good time to clearcut those last 200 acres of mature timber......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You voted for him and now see what happens. Wood and gas

Jan 22, 2021, 9:01 AM

are going sky high. He already fired all the Keystone Beer Pipe workers. Lord save us for the next 4 years, you are the only one that can restore the power to the rightful winner!

-My Wife's Grandmother

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic