Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Joungers, it has been a rough, busy few days here
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 613

Joungers, it has been a rough, busy few days here

Feb 3, 2021, 9:26 AM

Thanks for all the Ts and Ps.

Wifeofgrouching spent the weekend in the hospital getting things figured out. Turned out to be the best news of all the bad options...a baseball-sized abcess on her lung, which led/caused pneumonia. Fun fact, there are no nerves on the lungs so random things can just grow and grow until they hit something that dos have nerve endings. She had the pulmonologist telling her she was going to need up to 10 weeks of IV antibiotics that could be administered at home, and the infectious disease doctor saying she needed 10 DAYS of pills. Infectious won.

So she came home Monday night during a break in our three day snow event. She hugs the kids, listens to one of the twins who has had a cold for a week, and immediately told me he needs to go to urgent care because he is a wheezy, rattly breathing mess. I also knew this, but I wasn’t dragging 3 kids to a dr office in a snowstorm for a cold.

So I reshoveled the driveway, loaded the boy up, and went to urgent care. However, they don’t treat kids around a year old for breathing stuff, so they sent me to the ER in Annapolis. Got there, got in, was seen by a dr within 15 minutes. This scared the #### out of me, cause any no er visit that efficient without a major problem. Fortunately, it wasn’t. Just brochilitis after random tests and a chest x-ray. Two breathing treatments and a steroid later (another fun fact: don’t matter if he’s only one - holding that boy still trying to keep a mask on him for a breathing treatment is a challenge) we was out of there. Got home a little after midnight and now grouching family is back together again.

Woo boy, jah bless single dads of multiple young chirrens. And single moms as well. I’m not interested in ever doing that again till they get a little older.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad it was good news and nothing too serious***

Feb 3, 2021, 9:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Baseball sized abcess sounds pretty serious

Feb 3, 2021, 9:30 AM

Get her back to the Inf doc if anything seems amiss...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, my eyes bulged a bit when she told me that.

Feb 3, 2021, 9:51 AM

Follow ups are being scheduled for next week, definitely staying in top of things.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good to hear things are trending in the right direction.

Feb 3, 2021, 9:34 AM

MOTHRA BE PRAISED!

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joungers, it has been a rough, busy few days here

Feb 3, 2021, 12:31 PM

Glad to hear. Continued prayers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joungers, it has been a rough, busy few days here

Feb 3, 2021, 12:59 PM

Prayers.
Hope y'all have time to play in the snow storm too.

good to hear everything is going to be ok.***

Feb 3, 2021, 6:29 PM

Replies: 7
| visibility 613
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic