Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Update: KornCOOT on XT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,236

Update: KornCOOT on XT

Feb 25, 2017, 10:10 AM

#STRecruiting: Thomas promises a merry Christmas for half the state

FEBRUARY 25, 2017 BY PHIL KORNBLUT

DE Xavier Thomas of Florence and IMG Academy in Florence confirmed with a tweet Friday night that he will make his college decision between Clemson and USC known on his birthday, December 20th and enroll at the school in January.

Thomas has said the Tigers and Gamecocks have 99% of his attention with Alabama holding the other 1%.

Thomas visited Clemson for a junior day in late January. He and some of his IMG teammates are going on a bus tour next week and one of the stops will be Thursday at USC, his first visit with the Gamecocks since last season.

Except for interviews at The Opening regional event in Orlando earlier this month, Thomas has remained quite regarding his recruiting. Whatever information he shares, he does so within a tightly knit group that includes his former coach at Wilson Thomas Balkcom.

“He’s definitely adamant about what he’s said in the past and that’s where his focus is,” Balkcom said. “He’s just preparing for the upcoming season and doing the best he can down there at IMG. He misses his former teammates and he misses Florence but like he said, people do things that they feel are the best for them.”

Thomas has made no secret of the fact he grew up a USC fan and recently revealed that he would already be a Gamecock commitment had Steve Spurrier not left. But he also has developed a fondness for Clemson, especially with the opportunity to make an immediate impact for the defending national champions.

“He likes South Carolina, he’s always been leaning towards South Carolina,” Balkcom said. “You can’t deny the fact that Clemson is a top notch, Power Five program. Coach Swinney and his staff have built that place up and now you have Coach Muschamp and his staff who are determined to build South Carolina up. Him being a homegrown product, it’s going to be a big time war for his services.”

“I know that Xavier is a very cerebral kid,” Balkcom continued. “He’ll think about it and weigh things out. Who knows what will tip him to either way. If he gives you his word, you can pretty much count on it. He doesn’t say much, so when he does give you his word, you can hold on to that because that’s the type of kid he is.”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Update: KornCOOT on XT

Feb 25, 2017, 10:24 AM

Balkcom hasn't even been at Wilson for a year, so I highly doubt he's one of XT's closest confidants.

Florence has an IMG Academy?

Feb 25, 2017, 10:32 AM

nm

He has remained quite what? Quite quiet?***

Feb 25, 2017, 10:45 AM

Yeah, Korncoot should remain "quite"***

Feb 25, 2017, 11:41 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cool. Hope we land him. Muschamp will never build USCjr up****

Feb 25, 2017, 10:49 AM

Feb 25, 2017, 11:47 AM

Should be revised to "He LIKED South Carolina and HAD BEEN LEANING towards South Carolina. Now, maybe he will still commit to South Carolina, but the "thing" he loved is now at the University of Florida.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2017, 11:52 AM

if I'm not mistaken, that IMG bus tour will be in Clemson Saturday. korncoot conveniently left that out.

R Kornkoot has his agenda. That did not fit.***

Feb 25, 2017, 12:07 PM

He has remained quite what? Quite quiet?***

Feb 25, 2017, 12:06 PM

XT grew up a Gamecock fan, the fact that we

Feb 25, 2017, 3:44 PM

have a shot at him speaks volumes for our program.
He's a talented young man and a thinker, for those reasons I feel he will lean toward us!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,236
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic