Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You know, it really ISNT Coles fault
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

You know, it really ISNT Coles fault

Oct 27, 2014, 4:48 PM

Its Dabo/Morris that caused this. They kept telling us he gave us the best chance to win and he was our starter... then DW comes out and showed us fans what lies we had been fed. Now some fans resent and dare I say hate Cole... not bc of who he is but bc who we were told he was and him not living up to that. Had Cole been the back up from day 1, I guarantee fans would not be mad at him. We got who we got applys. But having been sold to us as being our best QB and fans seeing that this no where the case, its put him in a bad spot. So yeah, it isnt his fault.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You misspelled "ALL"***

Oct 27, 2014, 4:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: You know, it really ISNT Coles fault

Oct 27, 2014, 4:57 PM

It's no ones fault. Not coaches or players. We had to replace a lot on offence at the skill positions. The line depth has been hurt due to transfers, grad, and injuries. It's not one persons fault. It's a combination of a number of deficiencies. I do wish cole would be smarter with the ball ie. the end of the first half of Louisville and bcc games. I expect 5th year seniors to be smarter in these situations. Cole doesn't need to be a superstar just a game manager

Oct 27, 2014, 5:02 PM

The only thing that bothers me is that we have no QB talent except DW. If Cole is our only hope right now DW better not get hurt next season. I just can't see how Nick could be that bad?

Oct 27, 2014, 5:07 PM

I think we'll be ok for the future.. Tucker Israel is tearing it up, and he'll be here next year. Back to back 600+ yard games the last two weeks. http://www.tigernet.com/update/recruiting/Tucker-Israel-dominates-Lake-Nona-win-17621

We also have Kelly Bryant coming in next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're forgetting Dabo's penchant for sentimentality...

Oct 27, 2014, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Re: You know, it really ISNT Coles fault ]

in sticking with Cole.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know, it really ISNT Coles fault! It is YOURS!

Oct 27, 2014, 5:06 PM

bOO BIRDS LIKE YOU ARE THE MAIN REASON HE LOST CONFIDENCE. DeJuan is injury-prone - 3 bones broken in 3 different places in last year. He needs to build up more, and coaches need to put Cole in better position - ball control, under center and more running than passing - like his excellent 2nd half! He is not the shotgun qb that Watson is, and I hope we do get him back for GTECH. If not, ball control is the answer!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea you Build St Cole up while bashing the OL? Just crazy

Oct 27, 2014, 5:11 PM

They didn't seem to care about DW's confidence--oh he made some mistakes, they said

Just crazy talk from a coot - 32%! What are you saying?***

Oct 27, 2014, 5:13 PM

Yea they like you because you give BJs***

Oct 27, 2014, 5:20 PM

Can I get his digits?

Oct 27, 2014, 5:22 PM

I'ma need me sum bj.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Marlborocountycapon = tigerfanjack = Clemson_Alumnus

Oct 27, 2014, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Yea they like you because you give BJs*** ]

sad.

Oct 27, 2014, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Yea you Build St Cole up while bashing the OL? Just crazy ]

sad life

Here's what I don't get

Oct 27, 2014, 5:12 PM

1) Cole was named the starter before the season. The coaching staff should have known going into this what parts of the playbook would and would not work and had planned accordingly.

2) He clearly has some limitations on what throws he can make. I don't know if it is the recent injury or just the inability to make all the throws. Thats fine. All players have certain plays/throws they run better than others. Coaches adjust the gameplan to maximize their strengths and hide the weaknesses.

3) Our OL has had a ton of injuries and hasn't show the ability to adjust...some would say we can't block air. But air has a way of bum rushing the A gap.

So why do we keep calling plays that Cole can't physically make and the line can't physically block? If he can't throw it 40 yards and the line can't hold blocks for 4 seconds, why call those plays 3 times in a game? Thats just being hardheaded as a coach. I have not exactly seen Morris' ability to adjust his gameplan during the course of a game, and now it looks like he can't adjust it going into a season.

This guy gets it

Oct 27, 2014, 5:14 PM

Point

Intelligent reply, thanks ALL IN 100%***

Oct 27, 2014, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Here's what I don't get ]

If there's no threat of a deep pass then...

Oct 27, 2014, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Here's what I don't get ]

the secondary has much less grass to cover. Just the threat of a deep pass keeps them honest.

I know you guys know more about football than that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is no threat because he can't throw it and the OL

Oct 27, 2014, 7:46 PM

can't block it. No matter how many times Morris calls a deep ball, they do not have to respect that pass. The best option for a big play is to catch a receiver like Williams or Scott on a slant and take advantage of gaps. He called 1 of those Sat and it made for some big yards.

How can you expect to keep the safetys off the midrange

Oct 28, 2014, 2:04 AM

passing routes if you don't throw the ball deep? Bro, do you even football?

Occasional deep pass to keep them on their toes like pass to

Oct 28, 2014, 1:47 PM [ in reply to If there's no threat of a deep pass then... ]

Seckinger

Morris has adjusted, he mainly calls screen passes and...

Oct 27, 2014, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Here's what I don't get ]

swing passes the whole time Stoudt has played this season, including before he got injured.

Some limitations, more like a whole lot of limitations.

Yeah, he never called that swing pass with Sammy

Oct 27, 2014, 9:11 PM

fact is, that play is one of Morris' bread and butter plays. And only Sammy can pull it off for any meaningful gain.

Artavis Scott has had a little success a few times.

Oct 27, 2014, 11:51 PM

I've also seen Germone Hopper and Adam Humphries have some success specifically in situation where the DB's are playing 10 yards off.

Even though Morris has always used that play as what he and Dabo call "an extension of the running game," we never called bubble screens, tunnel screens, slot screens, and other throws in the flat to the extent that we do with Stoudt at QB. The number of downfield shots we take has gone from at least a few times per quarter to only a few times per game.

The fact that our offense and the playcalling changes so much from when Stoudt is in the game to when Deshaun is in the game clearly illustrates Morris's ability to adjust his gameplan to better suit the available personnel. If you can't see the complete change of the playcalling when Watson is playing versus when Stoudt is playing I would be completely baffled. It couldn't be much more obvious how much difference there is between the playcalls between the two QB's.

Without switching to a pro style offense and using the I form and going under center on the majority of plays, the offense would be difficult to change much more. There are going to be similarities with some of Morris playcalls because regardless of personnel, it's still the same type of misdirection based HUNH offense. It would be ridiculous to change the entire offensive philosophy midseason for a few games with a backup QB. Morris is doing just about all he can to adjust his playcalling to suit Stoudt's shortcomings.

Even though Cole has been inconsistent with his downfield accuracy with the lack of protection and sometimes even when he doesn't get hit, it would be idiotic to abandon them completely. If Morris only called runs and short passes opposing defenses would eat us alive. It's a must to call them from time to time to keep the defense honest. If they don't respect the longer passes then the receivers are going to be wide open the first time there is a double move like a slant/go route. I don't know that Morris could call many less intermediate and long pass plays per game and still keep the opposing defense respecting them enough to open up the run game and short passing game.

It seems like some people are dead set on finding as much wrong with Morris as possible even if they are completely wrong in their analysis.

Re: Here's what I don't get

Oct 28, 2014, 7:29 AM [ in reply to Here's what I don't get ]

> So why do we keep calling plays that Cole can't
> physically make and the line can't physically block?
> If he can't throw it 40 yards and the line can't
> t hold blocks for 4 seconds, why call those plays 3
> times in a game? Thats just being hardheaded as a
> coach. I have not exactly seen Morris' ability to
> adjust his gameplan during the course of a game, and
> now it looks like he can't adjust it going into a
> season.

Agree 100%. Ive seen cole make great passes. I think its dumb to put blame on him. Morris is clearly calling 40 yard shots and plays the oline cant block. Why? And its consistent. No quick over the middle passes for 5 to 10 yards a clip. Feel like Im watching Rob the magician Spence all over again. Bubble screen, run up middle, 40 yard bomb, QB sneak. Thats all we see for the most part.

Uh, what?***

Oct 27, 2014, 5:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Oct 27, 2014, 7:56 PM

I most certainly agree. CS can only be CS(a D2 backup.lol). I think its more Dabo and his loyalty/payed-his-dues issues. When Watson is in, Morris immediately opens up the playbook with deep throws, qb option reads, etc. Watson still may be lacking that deadly fast pace offense that CS ran Saturday though. I cant wait! Go Tigers

Oct 27, 2014, 9:00 PM

and now another handle....smh

Uh, no there were fans claiming Stoudt was better than Tajh

Oct 27, 2014, 8:10 PM

back in 2011. So no, it's the fault of those fans talking Stoudt up when he wasn't a highly recruited player and he hadn't done anything on the field yet.

Dumb post. If you hate Cole then please pull for some

Oct 27, 2014, 10:38 PM

other team. Don't call yourself a Tiger fan.

agree***

Oct 27, 2014, 10:54 PM

dumb poster

Oct 27, 2014, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Dumb post. If you hate Cole then please pull for some ]

I never said I hate Cole, learn to read

I'm still blaming O line woes...If he could sit back in the

Oct 28, 2014, 1:11 AM

pocket longer and utilize a run game that could pick us up 4-5 yards consistently he'd be able to do much more. He doesn't have the ability to evade pressure like Watson. Not his fault...just his different skill set.

Re: I'm still blaming O line woes...If he could sit back in the

Oct 28, 2014, 2:07 AM

What's to evaluate? You see it coming then throw the ball or elude the rush. Cole just doesn't have the same first and second steps as DW. He's not too slow he just lacks acceleration.

Evaluate? Reads 'evade' ;)***

Oct 28, 2014, 1:15 PM

Oct 28, 2014, 1:44 AM

Coaches did us all a disservice making Cole the starter knowing he would get yanked for Watkins, kid played like a deer in the headlights first part of the season, Cole knew Watkins should have been the starter, an idiot can see the talent level is so much higher. Cole is a Tiger thru and thru, just stuck in a bad situation

The World Has Moved On

Oct 28, 2014, 7:21 AM

I suggest you do the same. Any displeasure with Cole Stoudt is based on his on field performance not any propaganda from Dabo or Chad Morris.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic