Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just to put this into perspective
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

Just to put this into perspective

Oct 25, 2014, 11:54 PM

We were missing the following in terms of talent from the start of the year:

QB: #1 - Watson
RB: #1,2,3 - Choice, Brooks, Dye
LT: #1- Battle
C: #1, 2 - Guilllermo, Norton (at the end)
RT: #1,2 - Gore, Davis
RG: #1 Davis (moved to left tackle)
TE: #1 Leggit
WR: #1 Peake

That's 12 starters either not playing, or not playing in their best position. We're pretty deep, but most teams would struggle with these types of injuries. If you want to throw in the career ending injures to Giff and Patrick that's 2 more guys that would be playing, probably the starting RT and back up LT. You can add Shaq Anthony's transfer into the mix and there goes our back up RT. Now you can also throw in Chad Kelly, who would be playing with Cole banged up, which basically means, with Cole injured, we are playing our third best QB from the spring game.

So, maybe our offense is a little short handed at the moment?

Message was edited by: drewtigeralum03®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just to put this into perspective

Oct 25, 2014, 11:57 PM

TU

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But! But! Chad makes 1.4 million!!!!!***

Oct 25, 2014, 11:57 PM

Glad someone understands. Morris is doing what he can

Oct 25, 2014, 11:58 PM

With what he's got.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Glad someone understands. Morris is doing what he can

Oct 26, 2014, 12:08 AM

Had Morris not totally choked last year against the Criminoles and the Coots, I would gladly cut him more slack this year. Steve Spurrier owns Chad Morris. The old drunk has Chads number and has stopped him every time Chad has called plays against USUC. Chads total failures against USUC is the main reason I do not like him.

Message was edited by: reynolds357®

Spurrier has nothing to do with the defense

Oct 26, 2014, 12:09 AM

He has never had anything to do with the defense other than hiring the coach.

Re: Spurrier has nothing to do with the defense

Oct 26, 2014, 12:13 AM

It is his defense. He is the head coach. Regardless of who the D.C. is, it is Spurrier's defense.

Oct 26, 2014, 12:17 AM

This year Spurrier doesn't have the defense he has had the last few years. In fact he doesn't have a defense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2014, 12:18 AM

I am referencing Slurriers performance against Morris. The old drunk has owned Chad.

Oct 26, 2014, 12:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Spurrier has nothing to do with the defense ]

Yea, but Slurrier is not matching wits with Morris. Lorenzo Ward has owned Morris unfortunately.

Not this year. DW will be back and we will regain our normal place as state champions. Plus, BV will own Slurrier.

Oct 26, 2014, 12:19 AM

Hope you are right. I can not stomach another loss to the old drunk and his band of thugs.

Oct 26, 2014, 7:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Glad someone understands. Morris is doing what he can ]

How many times did Chad turn the ball over against those two teams? Unfortunately, that was on the players.

Oct 26, 2014, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Glad someone understands. Morris is doing what he can ]

Can't really argue about fsu last year, but we were moving the ball at will on sc only to turn it over. The only problem I have with morris from the sc game is the Sammy pass when McDowell was tearing them up

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

yep, its on Chad when Boyd fumbles

Oct 26, 2014, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Glad someone understands. Morris is doing what he can ]

blame the coaches.
blame the new QB.
blame the OL.
howl at the moon until the Tigers best USUCK again, and everybody knows you're special again.

nice life dude.

You don't like Chad. So?***

Oct 26, 2014, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Glad someone understands. Morris is doing what he can ]

Oct 26, 2014, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Glad someone understands. Morris is doing what he can ]

OK, then back to the question; who recruits O/L???? we must have more than 2/yr

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as Watson comes back at the same level...

we have to count ourselves incredibly lucky. Losing all that talent and depth during the easiest part of our schedule has allowed us to weather the storm. Having an incredible defense doesn't hurt either...

No. Haven't you been listening ? It is Chad and Cole's fault for our losing streak , and we have no hope of winning out aftrr the loss of Deshaun Watson.
Again , C & C have wrecked this team and there is no other possible explanation for our current losing streak.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Good point.

Yorktiger?

Oct 26, 2014, 12:00 AM

Please respond...the 2 yr olds need your guidance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

that's accurate.. can you next post the starters that have

Oct 26, 2014, 10:27 PM

been out in the last 11 regular season games we've played against teams who won at least 10 games in a season since 2010?

b/c we've won ONE of those

there's that list?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

How many teams only won 9 games

Oct 26, 2014, 10:29 PM

because we beat them?

Re: How many teams only won 9 games

Oct 26, 2014, 10:32 PM

what? I didn't look... but it's a small small number... if any

I'm not making that stat up, but you act like I am

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

We beat a decent VT team twice in 2011

Oct 26, 2014, 11:09 PM

That'd be one, off the top of my head. There may have been more, but that was a pretty easy one.

Ah, they ended 11-3

Oct 26, 2014, 11:12 PM

Two losses to us. Ended up in the Sugar Bowl where they picked up their third loss in OT against a #12 ranked Michigan.

that's the only regular season win Clemson has against

Oct 26, 2014, 11:12 PM [ in reply to We beat a decent VT team twice in 2011 ]

a team that finished with 10 wins since 2010

only one... 10 losses I believe

2011 FSU was a 9 win team

Oct 26, 2014, 11:15 PM

We beat them, preventing them from being a 10 win team.

great

Oct 26, 2014, 11:17 PM

both FSU and SCU have AT LEAST 3 wins each against 10 win teams in the same span

us

we have one total (VPI) with the 10 losses

Have they had more opportunities to play those teams?***

Oct 26, 2014, 11:19 PM

what??? those have all come against the 10 win

Oct 26, 2014, 11:20 PM

Clemson Tigers

I just hope that's not an excuse Nov. 29th.***

Oct 26, 2014, 1:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Yea lets just forget all the mistakes and blame Injuries

Oct 26, 2014, 7:15 AM

That seems to work well for the Pumpers

Do you have to work at being dumb

Oct 26, 2014, 7:01 PM

Or are you just naturally talented? Serious Question.

Dumb is a compliment.***

Oct 26, 2014, 11:29 PM

Oct 26, 2014, 7:37 AM

good post. +1

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dont forget shaq anthony***

Oct 26, 2014, 6:55 PM

Oct 26, 2014, 10:37 PM

Drew- all of those are valid points but none of them SHOULD have an impact on play calling. Hear me out here. When attacking a front or coverage, coaches look at scheme, not necessarily personnel. Defensive personnel will be considered when looking at strength/weakness of a team within a scheme, but coordinators are looking for a schematic advantage 1st. Through film, the coaches devise a plan to attack the anticipated looks versus our various formations. Plays are pulled from the playbook that have the best chance for success versus anticipated front/coverage. Nothing to do with who we have in certain spots.

To my (some what) trained eye, Chad is compromising our "best play" to compromise for Cole. It is a catch 22 though, cause when Chad does dial up a homerun, Cole typically swings and misses. So Chad limits those calls and calls a play that isn't necessarily sound versus what we are seeing. It's a frustrating cycle and has lead us to a bad place on offense.

That is just complete crap

Oct 26, 2014, 10:46 PM

It changes everything. You want to sit back in the pocket without an O-Line? You want to play "up tempo" with a bunch of guys just now seeing the field? The guys you have on the field dictates what you can call. When we called the two deep passes against Cuse, it wasn't Cole who "wiffed" it was our patchwork O-Line that wiffed on protection and got Cole killed in the process of passing. I'm actually happy that Chad is more worried about winning than actually playing his system. We are slowing the game down and playing conservative on offense because of the injuries.

you are exactly right as far as where we are right now

Oct 26, 2014, 10:50 PM

but there's a bigger issue ... injuries effecting us this year? Yes

injuries effect as at UGA and FSU?

they effect us the last 4 years?

Do you think it's possible

Oct 26, 2014, 10:53 PM

The Georgia and FSU (both in the top 10) actually have slightly better teams than we do?

I don't think they are more talented to the point you

Oct 26, 2014, 11:00 PM

seem to think they are.

It's just the continuation of a 4 year trend, period.

I think they are talented

Oct 26, 2014, 11:07 PM

and that both games were a toss up. With Winston FSU is way more talented, without him we are probably even. Last year we beat Georgia at Clemson with a veteran team. This year we lost to UGA with a young team on offense.

UGA finished 8-5 last year.... not the win to hang the

hat on

You know that Todd Gurley guy that got hurt

Oct 26, 2014, 11:12 PM

Probably had something to do with it. If I remember correctly, we played against him.

I am not making the record up.... do you have a similar

Oct 26, 2014, 11:15 PM

story for everyone of the ten losses... or was the one win against VT in 2011 enough to make up for them?

So, what's you're play York

Oct 26, 2014, 11:21 PM

What are you getting at? What are you suggesting we do or are you just ######## because you enjoy ########? We play the games on our schedule and we win the vast majority of them. I'm happy with that at the moment. If you told me during the 90's that people would be ######## at a Clemson team that regularly wins 10 games I would have been happy.

Message was edited by: drewtigeralum03®

no "play".. just the numbers

Oct 26, 2014, 11:24 PM

issue is bigger than people want to admit

So, what do you propose?

Oct 26, 2014, 11:26 PM

I mean, since you think it's such a big issue, what's the solution? You ready to get rid of the coaching staff that regularly wins 10+ a year? Clemson will win 10+ again this year. Is it time for big changes in the offseason?

if you follow my posts, you'd know I've repeatedly said

Oct 26, 2014, 11:39 PM

I don't think anyone should be fired.

but it is time that trend vegans to change. I hope we win out and get to 11 wins this year.

we'll have major opportunities next year for signature wins. The trend has to change

So, nothing then, the answer is to #### about the past

Oct 26, 2014, 11:42 PM

To no end? I wish we had won a few more big games as well. If you "follow my posts" I've posted the exact same thing about not winning big games. I personally think we are actually recruiting whole teams now. We are just starting to see the effect of consistently winning. The more we win, the better players we get, the more chances we have to win big games.

york is one of the more well-disguised trolls

Oct 26, 2014, 11:49 PM

I'm assuming anyway.

There is absolutely no way any normal human being would post as frequently as he does. Almost every single one of his posts and threads the past week have been about how, essentially, he wants us all to remember things we already know yet he wants nothing changed. It's laughable.

He's probably gonna hit you with one of his famous "I agree, but". I try not to respond but admittedly his trolling gets the best of me at times.

Re: if you follow my posts, you'd know I've repeatedly said

Oct 26, 2014, 11:43 PM [ in reply to if you follow my posts, you'd know I've repeatedly said ]

I think it's safe to say this staff has a ceiling. It's a high ceiling, but still a ceiling nonetheless. I say if we can continue to win 10+ games per year, then we will eventually break thru and win the big ones.

It's difficult for York to comprehend

Oct 26, 2014, 11:44 PM [ in reply to So, what's you're play York ]

That other teams have scholarship athletes, sometimes those of which are better than the ones we are able to put on the field. Additionally, these teams he refers to have bigger budgets and have used them to bring in better coaches.

We get it bro. Nobody is arguing that we are satisfied with losing to ANY team or that we should settle for that standard but to say we should judge our coaching and seasons solely off of how we perform against better-positioned programs is absolutely absurd. Despite this we have managed to steal our fair share of games from these types of programs.

You seem to think Clemson's resources are something they simply aren't.

Re: It's difficult for York to comprehend

Oct 26, 2014, 11:48 PM

> That other teams have scholarship athletes, sometimes
> those of which are better than the ones we are able
> to put on the field. Additionally, these teams he
> refers to have bigger budgets and have used them to
> bring in better coaches.
>
> We get it bro. Nobody is arguing that we are
> satisfied with losing to ANY team or that we should
> settle for that standard but to say we should judge
> our coaching and seasons solely off of how we perform
> against better-positioned programs is absolutely
> absurd. Despite this we have managed to steal our
> fair share of games from these types of programs.
>
> You seem to think Clemson's resources are something
> they simply aren't.

This would be my argument for needing a staff who can do more with less. What kind of coach needs the best players across the board to win? A bad one.

You do realize that the teams with the best players

Oct 26, 2014, 11:51 PM

Are the teams that are winning 9/10 times. We need to keep bringing in the talent.

I see you're falling into the exact same logic

Oct 26, 2014, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Re: It's difficult for York to comprehend ]

Do you think it is possible, that all coaching equal, FSU could have better players than we do?

Or how, all talent equal, Steve Spurrier could simply be a better coach than Dabo, as he is many other coaches?

Hope I didn't just blow your mind.

Re: I see you're falling into the exact same logic

Oct 26, 2014, 11:56 PM

I didn't say we were talent depleted. I said they may have better talent. Doesn't mean ours sucks. And yes, great coaching can bridge that gap and even overcome it. So can poor coaching (ie LSU and uga).

Re: That is just complete crap

Oct 26, 2014, 10:53 PM [ in reply to That is just complete crap ]

It shouldn't. I agree that slowing down and being conservative is the right move, but it's because of our defense and not limitations on offense. I just see us running plays that have zero chance of success. Zero. Doomed from the snap. And it's due to being outnumbered at point of attack, not a backup OL. We run the ball when we have to. We have on every team this season when we have went right at teams. Don't tell me our OL sucks or that we cant run the ball when I have watched us do so. Protection schemes and power run schemes are lacking. Not putting players in advantageous situations. That has nothing to do with who is on the field.

Our run game works later in the game

because we set it up and tire teams out with it in the first half. It doesn't work, and then all of the sudden it does work. Our passing game is suffering and limited because of the offensive line in tandem with an injured QB that wasn't super mobile to start with.

Really?***

Oct 26, 2014, 11:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Just to put this into perspective ]

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic