Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESecPN FPI
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 437

ESecPN FPI

Jan 2, 2020, 1:58 PM

So we're favored over LSU 56%-44% in ESPNs FPI. The end all be all metric that caused Clemson to drop from 1 to 5. The metric that the new committee likes to reference when it suits their idiotic opinions.

Butt seriously. How in the mothra is that possible?

I'm guessing I haven't seen Folwer & Company mention it since it favors Clemson.

/mange

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because our defense is top notch and LSU's isn't***

Jan 2, 2020, 2:04 PM

What is interesting is that the look ahead line

Jan 2, 2020, 4:02 PM

for a theoretical Clemson/LSU final before the playoff games started was a pick em. Line opened -3.5 and quickly steamed to -5.5 to -6. There is a really good chance recency bias has influenced the perception of this champ game and we've already beaten the best team in the field because the analytics loved Ohio State.

All that being said I am very nervous about this game because I thought our defense was going to show a little more than they did. Also so much our of defensive success is built on getting to the QB and we had to blitz to get to Fields and LSU has a better OL than Ohio State, so I'm worried about us getting picked apart if Burrow has time.

We're definitely going to have to play better than we did

Jan 2, 2020, 4:05 PM

against OSU to stay in the game. Its not impossible that we win...but it won't be a give away.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, I mean especially because I don't think it's a stretch

Jan 2, 2020, 4:32 PM

to say that we got outplayed for most of that game and got a ton of lucky breaks and we wouldn't have won without them.

It's possible Ohio State was the most talented team in the field and LSU's dominance was a little inflated by Oklahoma being that much worse than the other 3 teams in the field...but it's also possible LSU's offense is really that good and we get carved up worse than we did by Fields.

I also really hate this game being in Nola, would feel a lot better anywhere else. We'll probably be running a silent snap count most of the game on offense with it being in a dome.

Re: Yea, I mean especially because I don't think it's a stretch

Jan 2, 2020, 5:31 PM

Ive pretty much given up on any thought of winning.

Louisiana coach who wasn’t given a shot leads a team where a Louisiana boy comes home from Ohio to e Natty where it’s a home game. The story writes itself.

LSU is a one and done team though.

Ehhh, I don’t see LSU’s line being better than OSU’s.

Jan 2, 2020, 6:23 PM [ in reply to What is interesting is that the look ahead line ]

And OSU was holding the entire night. Not sure where officials are from yet, but SEC refs consistently call offensive holding less than other conferences....it’s a top down mandated trend and should be better in natty game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Someone said PAC on the field.

Jan 4, 2020, 4:31 AM

LSU gave up a lot of sacks this year. Maybe most were early when they reportedly were missing a lot of players due to injury.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a fun stat

Jan 2, 2020, 7:46 PM

the higher ranked team has never won the CFP championship

the team that has beaten Oklahoma has never won the CFP championship

No1 and No3 have never won the CFP championship

Clemson has a 67% chance of winning

I reckon SOS doesn't mean that much now.

Jan 4, 2020, 4:32 AM

Nothing matters but the final score on our next game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 437
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic