Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yall heard about this GME stock? Just got my HELOC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Yall heard about this GME stock? Just got my HELOC

Feb 2, 2021, 8:30 AM

approved and threw the 75K in it at $250 share last yesterday afternoon.

Apparently, Elong Musk and these Reddit guys (Reddit is like Tigernet for stock brokers I think) are gonna do what they call a "squeeze" where all these guys buy the stock and run up the price to somewhere in that $1000 range per share.

The stock was at $400 last week, so I feel like I probably timed this thing perfectly. I think we should all get in it and run this thing up over $1000.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's STONK brokers - get it right***

Feb 2, 2021, 8:38 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can I paypal you the $22.5K I just got for selling my car?***

Feb 2, 2021, 8:38 AM

Are absolutely insane?!!?!?

Feb 2, 2021, 8:41 AM

You're going to risk the money you had earmarked for that above ground pool in the front yard on a shaky at best investment?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Risk? This is going to get me to inground and a diving bord

Feb 2, 2021, 8:45 AM

For sure. That 22.5K shuold be worth about...

Feb 2, 2021, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Can I paypal you the $22.5K I just got for selling my car?*** ]

I'll get you about 100 shares.

I think in about a week, you could sell those shares for minimal $100K. This thing is about to take off... Supposably

Paypal ? crulez08 GITT and make fun of the olde dude

Feb 2, 2021, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Can I paypal you the $22.5K I just got for selling my car?*** ]

clemsonrulez08®

Y no Venmo ?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Paypal is more popular than venmo

Feb 2, 2021, 9:13 AM

right?

Idk, a lot of things I buy have a paypal option. Also, when I bought a natty ticket from a student, she used paypal.

I bought crulez's NC State tickets once and

Feb 2, 2021, 9:58 AM

paid him with Paypal and he mocked me for not having Venmo

clemsonrulez08®

For boomers and guys with GED's, yeah***

Feb 3, 2021, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Paypal is more popular than venmo ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Honestly...

Feb 3, 2021, 2:40 PM

one would think with our advances in modern science, there would be a vaccine for GEDs by now.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here we go

Feb 2, 2021, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Paypal ? crulez08 GITT and make fun of the olde dude ]

Venmo has a smaller limit but may be better for person to person where paypal is better with business.

Apparently Venmo is owned by paypal.

Themoreuknow.gif

https://www.thebalance.com/venmo-vs-paypal-5073175

Can you explain to me just how this company makes money?

Feb 2, 2021, 8:45 AM

What are the dividend per share?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dividend?

Feb 2, 2021, 8:49 AM

That's the bottom number right?

Just looked it up...

Feb 2, 2021, 9:01 AM

dividend is the top number.

Always got that wrong.

I think I've seen enough. Have you AT ALL considered

Feb 2, 2021, 9:05 AM

just how much hookers and blow you stand to NOT partake in?

ROOKIE.....

This line from r/WSB got a sensible chuckle from me this

Feb 2, 2021, 8:56 AM

morning...I will try to work 'squoze' into conversations today...

3) Hey but when is the squeeze of the squoze going to happen? ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never knew the Big Short guy was in on this

Feb 2, 2021, 8:58 AM

He made over $200 million on Game Stop. He made $800 million on the housing market collapse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He also bought in on GameStop back in the fall

Feb 2, 2021, 8:59 AM

because of fundamentals that he thought about the company was making positive progress.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't believe that for one second.

Feb 2, 2021, 9:06 AM

Maybe he bought in back in the fall due to the fact a new X-Box and Playstation were coming out, but that even seems flimsy.

There is nothing about what GameStop is that suggests future success. I think hard copies of games are about to go the route of the comic book store.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He claims, in a letter he sent to their board, that the

Feb 2, 2021, 9:20 AM

upside he saw was in using their market cap (which was really too high) to transition to an online marketplace. Lose the brick and mortar stores in other words, and profit. Board declined because they're all old dudes riding this out.

Anyway, that was what he claimed....I'm not believing it either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All the WSB stonks be unraveling now.

Feb 2, 2021, 9:18 AM [ in reply to He also bought in on GameStop back in the fall ]

Which was bound to happen. Those who played it right, they made a ton. But those who bought in and didn't play it right, are getting killed. I think the main thing that may make this a fad or sporadic thing is that there will always be losers in this game. And those who make a ton of money, well, the other WSB losers will keep the thing from being run well. Big Short guy thinks GME is a one-off thing. It was aligned perfectly for what happened, but that same scenario will be hard to repeat. I tend to think he's right IF the discord grows when this thing unwinds, and 2/3 of the WSB people realize they were played by the other third. Then again the flip side, is the 1/3 will attract more players to the table to reload and make other runs.

Literally, the first thing I learned in college was the mechanics of a pyramid scheme. Frats used to do them to make money off dumb freshmen, and they did. Thousands. They'd go around Johnstone first week of the fall semester preying on Freshmen. Put $5 in. Get 5 friends to put 5 in and you keep a piece. They get 5 friends to play and you get more. I remember playing along for like 20 minutes quizzing the frat guy. Finally told him no thanks. Know a LOT of people who lost their $5.

Another friend who was a senior in a frat said they raked in almost $3k from their pyramid scheme.

"Reddit is like Tigernet for stock brokers I think"

Feb 2, 2021, 9:26 AM

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic