Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow. Please tell me this article is real regarding the chickens.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Wow. Please tell me this article is real regarding the chickens.

Nov 18, 2019, 7:54 PM

https://www.scnow.com/news/local/caslen-usc-ad-asked-fsu-about-how-it-managed-its/article_2fc87775-6600-58c6-b371-a9a9b8c151a3.html

Is this real life?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was the difference. FSU fans spoke with their wallets,

Nov 18, 2019, 8:00 PM

and quit showing up to the games. So, the athletic department had to be literally hemorrhaging money. They were forced to make the change, to preserve what fanbase they had left. The Coot fanbase will blindly continue to show up to the games, they are used to losing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow. Please tell me this article is real regarding the chickens.

Nov 18, 2019, 8:02 PM

Not all questions should be answered, not sure why a University President doesn’t know that.

Sounds like the Scar Prez speaking out of

Nov 18, 2019, 8:16 PM

both sides of his mouth. Talk about being ambiguous. I can't count the number of times he contradicted himself & switched positions. Total doublespeak.

Nov 19, 2019, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow. Please tell me this article is real regarding the chickens. ]

What is his wife doing answering questions about football and potential terminations of university employees?

Answer: she wasn't. The writer blended the topic.

It sounds like these folks--whom i hope can straighten out that cesspool at least a little bit--are too frank with interviewers. You can tell some of the answers even given in this interview were not given in the context the author provided.

Nevertheless, i have no doubt that the actual quotes are 100% authentic. A subject has to understand that today's media considers a three-minute gap to be irrelevant.

I know Caslen wants to rally the troops and is eager to make that clear. But there's also snakes in the grass trying to make a name at his and Mus's expense.

Caslen needs to NOT schedule another interview just to set the record straight on the last interview that was intended to correct the record of the previous interview. Get wise, Sir.

Nov 19, 2019, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow. Please tell me this article is real regarding the chickens. ]

What is his wife doing answering questions about football and potential terminations of university employees?

Answer: she wasn't. The writer blended the topic.

It sounds like these folks--whom i hope can straighten out that cesspool at least a little bit--are too frank with interviewers. You can tell some of the answers even given in this interview were not given in the context the author provided.

Nevertheless, i have no doubt that the actual quotes are 100% authentic. A subject has to understand that today's media considers a three-minute gap to be irrelevant.

I know Caslen wants to rally the troops and is eager to make that clear. But there's also snakes in the grass trying to make a name at his and Mus's expense.

Caslen needs to NOT schedule another interview just to set the record straight on the last interview that was intended to correct the record of the previous interview. Get wise, Sir.

He gets one more year to turn it around

Nov 18, 2019, 8:03 PM

recruits do not know who their coach will be, fact

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did that ####### even watch the Georgia game !?!?!?

Nov 18, 2019, 8:11 PM

“If the (team that beat Georgia) shows up, we can do it,”

Georgia played like **** and still should have won the game.

First downs: UGA 30 U5C 16
Total yards: UGA 468 U5C 297
TOP: UGA 36:04 U5C 23:56

If the uof5c team that won at Georgia shows-up next Saturday, they may only lose by 28 as opposed to 42.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

If ever a vote of confidence

Nov 18, 2019, 8:25 PM

Was lukewarm, at best, it's been iced down even more by the additional comments and the court of public opinion. Somehow, $600K won't stand in the way of a pre-New Year's Eve dismissal. It'll be the $18 million-plus preceding it!

They should really ask themselves: "Who are going to attract here?" If FSU is struggling for answers, well...it's a scary prospect.

Meanwhile, back in Clemson..."Let's Dance!" :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did that ####### even watch the Georgia game !?!?!?

Nov 19, 2019, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Did that ####### even watch the Georgia game !?!?!? ]

And that quote was uttered by the wife, Shelley.

Cited in the story.

Not the 'ignorant,' 'two-faced' 'politician.'

Nov 18, 2019, 8:18 PM

"While we wish some of the outcomes of our games would have been different , we are excited about the future of our program"

Boy , Caslan sure has a way of throwing a bunch of platitudes and consonants together and making an absolute goulash of the truth .

These Coots need something good to happen . Just one really good thing . Maybe a locker room pep talk by Todd Ellis before our game . Former players seem to know what to say .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 19, 2019, 3:06 PM

TD, in all fairness, that was Tanner's quote. Caslen dimply endorsed Tanner's statement. The writer then provided Tanner's public statement as background.

How do let this information get out? They're a

Nov 18, 2019, 8:20 PM

#### show.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

FSU merged their booster club with the Athletic Department

Nov 18, 2019, 10:30 PM

...last June. The combined entity is the Florida State University Athletics Association (FSUAA).

It's much easier to raise funds for these moves than South Carolina.

U5Cjr athletic department absorbed the gamecock club

Nov 18, 2019, 11:36 PM

In the early 1980’s and reassigned the gamecock club president to run the paint shop at the maintenance department. The structure of their athletic department isn’t stopping them from raising money.

Nov 19, 2019, 12:09 AM

His words were not twisted. He said what he said and everyone understands what that meant. Basically he just stated the obvious.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 8:18 AM

If I was a Doctor, and over half my patients died, I might decide that being a doctor might not be my forte. If I built houses, and half of them collapsed, I would be wise to pursue other careers, because building houses would not be where my talent lies. UofSC has only 1 Conference title in over 100 years. It is time for that chicken college to abandon football and find something they can be good at, maybe getting drunk and throwing water bottles would work for them. There has to be something those in-bred rednecks can actually do well, but a long history of football futility is more than enough evidence to prove football is not where their talent lies. How in the heck UGA let those dirt peckers actually beat them is hard to understand. They might need to investigate that to find out if UGA players bet the money line, picking UofSC to win, and giving themselves a huge payday. How is a UGA team that lost to the 4-7 dirt peckers still ranked highly enough to make the playoffs? Is that not the committee that dropped Clemson down to #5 based mainly on the North Carolina game?...a game we won!!!

SC prez has something in common with FSU prez.

Nov 19, 2019, 8:19 AM

Both of them spoke up when they should have shut up!

No reason for FSU to publicly state that Bob Stoops is a candidate. Apparently, the FSU prez and AD have learned their lesson. They have shut up since then.

For the USC prez to publicly state what he did is totally moronic.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SC prez has something in common with FSU prez.

Nov 19, 2019, 8:23 AM

UofSC president is in over his head. He is not the right person for that job.

Nov 19, 2019, 8:54 AM

What a bunch of silly amateurs. Why in God's name would a university president say that? I am sure the AD talked to FSU. He probably isn't the only one, and there is nothing wrong with that. It is a professional network.

My dad always said that the reason UofSC has always been second rate is because the politicians down there in Columbia try to use it for their gain; they micromanage. I think he was right. I wonder how many other big state schools are in state capitals? NC State is and UNC is close, but they are good schools, certainly not the shitshows that UofSC is.

I grew up in SC, but have lived my adult life in NC. If I were still a resident of SC, I'd be pissed that my state was doing such a poor job of running one of my universities. They look like a bunch of Gomers.

nah, we're enjoying the dumpster fire

Nov 19, 2019, 3:14 PM

the higher the flames, the more entertaining the show.

Does the U of Arky football team clown show reflect the entire state of Arkansas? Or U of Colorado or Connecticut? I would hope no one is that shallow.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic