Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Trevor Lawrence with 'SPECIAL' message to Tiger Nation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

TNET: Trevor Lawrence with 'SPECIAL' message to Tiger Nation

Jan 10, 2019, 1:14 PM

Trevor Lawrence with 'SPECIAL' message to Tiger Nation

Clemson has won the natty once again. It would probably not have been possible without the elite arm talent of Trevor Lawrence. The freshman gunslinger had 347 Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence with 'SPECIAL' message to Tiger Nation

Jan 10, 2019, 1:16 PM

Super!!!!

Jan 10, 2019, 1:32 PM

TL, nothing but class and talent! Greatest QB ever to play At Clemson. Been saying it all along. My only concern is what do we have coming up in terms of offensive and defensive linemen. Any info greatly appreciated.

Marlborocountycoot =dgcannon39= tigermaul= reggaeman

Jan 10, 2019, 1:35 PM

uof5c coot

Re: Marlborocountycoot =dgcannon39= tigermaul= reggaeman

Jan 11, 2019, 12:16 PM

You sir are correct. I remember on every article on here b4 the game how he said we stood no chance against Bama. Any true Tiger would think that let alone say it.

Jan 10, 2019, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence with 'SPECIAL' message to Tiger Nation ]

He's played one year man! How can you call him the greatest QB in Clemson history when he's only played one year. He is a fantastic QB for sure but you are really jumping the gun. Right now (this moment) Deshaun Watson is the greatest QB in the Tiger's history imo!

You guys are arguing shades of greatness!

Jan 10, 2019, 6:45 PM

DW4 is my all time fav. But, DW doesn’t have the skill set Lawrence does. I haven’t seen arm talent like TL, since...ever. He gets the ball out under 2 seconds, averages 71mph. The best pro: under two seconds, 69mph! Let that sink in a minute. This kid. This 19 year old, still growing, throws it harder than the pros! Elway used to throw it 69-70mph, it used to hit players so hard the stitching would leave bruises on players in the shape of a cross. They called it the Elway cross. I guess we will be hearing about the Lawrence cross. The one thing Lawrence does better than 99% of most QB’s I have seen: he rarely puts the ball in danger. I know I’m not telling you guys anything you don’t already know. But, DW4 threw a LOT of interceptions. He was always trying to force the ball into bad coverages. Lawrence will do some of that, but he puts it in places only our guy can get a play on the ball. Based off of freshman season vs freshman season, I’d say Lawrence is going to be the best QB we’ve had by a long shot. That’s saying a ton. As long as he stays healthy, and has decent guys to throw to, he’s going to shine. The only reason he didn’t have the greatest freshman season in ncaa history, he was handcuffed to KB for four games.
Anyway, greatest championship game I’ve ever seen! We dropped the hammer & never looked back! Congratulations fellow Tiger Fans!! Let’s go get another! Back to Back! First time in CFP history!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Many more 4-5 star players replacing the line starters.

Jan 11, 2019, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence with 'SPECIAL' message to Tiger Nation ]

Your welcome for the info.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 1:22 PM

Can’t wait to see how good this kid will
Be year 3-4

Message was edited by: BeeTeeTiger

Jan 10, 2019, 1:36 PM

He's the best in the country right now. I've been shouting this for months!!

Jan 10, 2019, 6:02 PM

Based on what I have seen and your pulse I believe you have been clucking not shouting....

WE GOT US A GOOD 'UN!!!! (and yes, I"M SHOUTING!!!)***

Jan 10, 2019, 1:25 PM

Re: WE GOT US A GOOD 'UN!!!! (and yes, I"M SHOUTING!!!)***

Jan 10, 2019, 1:26 PM

Hope he never wins the Heisman. That seems to be a QB curse.

Jan 10, 2019, 2:17 PM

That's bc they have been handing that award out to the most popular media favorites, and they have been doing that for so long now, they all have totally forgotten who John Heisman was, or what he meant to college FB. The Heisman has been given out to players as a favor to big schools/colleges for so long, the voters don't have a clue of the type of college FB athlete that the Heisman Trophy was intended for. So count me in as one that hopes that Trevor's name is never brought up for such an absolutely phony award that now means less than an empty shoe box. The MVP trophy IMO is a much more meaningful award than the Heisman could ever again be!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dang skippy***

Jan 10, 2019, 2:44 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too late... He's already a media darling...

Jan 10, 2019, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: WE GOT US A GOOD 'UN!!!! (and yes, I"M SHOUTING!!!)*** ]

A natty game MVP and an SI cover boy as a true freshman, long-flowing-golden locks, steely blue eyes, a smile that make girls and they mama's swoon, soft-spoken manners in speech to the girls' daddies and humility that make nuns look like pole dancers...

He's taking home the Heisman next year and every other year he's on the field, healthy and throwing for 3500+ yards...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: WE GOT US A GOOD 'UN!!!! (and yes, I"M SHOUTING!!!)*** ]

Trevor would break that curse!

Jan 10, 2019, 1:38 PM [ in reply to WE GOT US A GOOD 'UN!!!! (and yes, I"M SHOUTING!!!)*** ]

Amen, brother!

WHO WAS THAT QB...

Jan 10, 2019, 1:25 PM

...that quit the team before the Syracuse game?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WHO WAS THAT QB...

Jan 10, 2019, 1:39 PM

Can't really remember his name. But then, why should I?

Re: WHO WAS THAT QB...

Jan 10, 2019, 1:45 PM [ in reply to WHO WAS THAT QB... ]

Kelly Bryant, KB was a good QB but not as good as TL, but then not many are. We have been very fortunate, our coaches continue to identify talent and bring it in.

Please do not dis any former player, they are part of our legacy. KB took us to a ACC title, and we were not as good as Alabama last year. Not many teams were as good as Alabama last year......

and by not many you mean not any

Jan 10, 2019, 7:12 PM

who would you rather have as our QB?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow - This kid is something special!

Jan 10, 2019, 1:29 PM

no other way to describe him. I'm speechless.

Re: Wow - This kid is something special!

Jan 10, 2019, 2:05 PM

WOW - confetti keeps streaming down. That’s all I got. Mpeaches said it all... speechless !!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do I know you? "Mpeaches" reference is a clue

Jan 10, 2019, 3:01 PM

Trevor Lawrence is Special

Jan 10, 2019, 1:35 PM

Re: Trevor Lawrence is Special

Jan 10, 2019, 1:40 PM

Our first Heisman winner. Take that to the bank!!

Unreal humility, class, talent, leadership, faith, awareness,

Jan 10, 2019, 1:36 PM

knowledge of the game, execution, team player & true CLEMSON MAN!! He works very hard and smart for the excellence he achieves! So glad and proud to have him on our team!!

Re: Unreal humility, class, talent, leadership, faith, awareness,

Jan 10, 2019, 1:57 PM

I was torched by KB supporters when I kept trying to alert folks to the fact that Trevor Lawrence was by far the best QB on our team, and that Chase Brice was probably the second best. KB is a good QB, and I hope he does well at Missouri, but he was not a QB who could lead an elite team like Clemson. So history has proved me wrong, right?? But wait, didn't we just win the national championship? My goodness, how did that happen? How has Trevor won all these awards? So Missouri is going to win the NC? Uh-huh-right!
Back on your meds.

Jan 10, 2019, 2:37 PM

Why do you have to bring up KB now? He chose to be selfish and walk away and turn his back on this program. What he did that week, if not for the heroics of Chase Brice and Travis Etienne could have totaled destroyed the season. The hopes and the dreams of a whole team because he took his ball and went home. Three men in the D line passed up millions of dollars. Millions, in order to finish what they started and KB knew that and didn’t care. He knew he’d get playing time because of Dabos loyalty. His legacy was forever tarnished and will be remembered as the QB that looked scared to death the night we played Alabama and the kid that every time you saw him on the sidelines he was pouting like a 3rd grader. I’ve given this more time than I should’ve. KB is a Missouri Tiger, I would never wish him ill will, but I refuse to wish him great success. Someone told him he had a chance to play in the NFL. Someone was very wrong. He’ll get smacked around and probably lose that job by midseason. Then what?? I just hope they don’t decide to give him a ring because he was on the team for four games. Trevor is no longer tied to KB. He’s his own man and a better one at that

Jan 10, 2019, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Unreal humility, class, talent, leadership, faith, awareness, ]

Why do you have to bring up KB now? He chose to be selfish and walk away and turn his back on this program. What he did that week, if not for the heroics of Chase Brice and Travis Etienne could have totaled destroyed the season. The hopes and the dreams of a whole team because he took his ball and went home. Three men in the D line passed up millions of dollars. Millions, in order to finish what they started and KB knew that and didn’t care. He knew he’d get playing time because of Dabos loyalty. His legacy was forever tarnished and will be remembered as the QB that looked scared to death the night we played Alabama and the kid that every time you saw him on the sidelines he was pouting like a 3rd grader. I’ve given this more time than I should’ve. KB is a Missouri Tiger, I would never wish him ill will, but I refuse to wish him great success. Someone told him he had a chance to play in the NFL. Someone was very wrong. He’ll get smacked around and probably lose that job by midseason. Then what?? I just hope they don’t decide to give him a ring because he was on the team for four games. Trevor is no longer tied to KB. He’s his own man and a better one at that

KB leaving... whatever. I told anyone who would listen

Jan 10, 2019, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Unreal humility, class, talent, leadership, faith, awareness, ]

That for us to win the Natty, that TL had to take the reigns. Our D could win it. our offence needed to be different. TL brought a whole different level to the passing game that was missing last year. Thus freeing up the run. Last year you beat us by stacking the box. This year, not so much. Now it's the D's turn to step up and match the offence. Should be fun. Can't wait.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 1:39 PM

One in a million. Keep the humble attitude but killer arms so proud you're a Tiger.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 1:43 PM

So appreciative of what he and the team gave us fans. He seems to be an even more humble and down to Earth than tallented and that’s saying something!!!! He always wants to give credit to everyone else and let it be know that this is a team game and not a me game. I think the rest of the country has finally taken notice of this team and how special a place Clemson is. GO TIGERS!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 1:58 PM

Amen to every thing you said.

wow!***

Jan 10, 2019, 1:59 PM

Jan 10, 2019, 2:03 PM

Just a testament to what an outstanding player and person that TL is. He represents Clemson at our very best. Thank you, Trevor.

Incredible poise on and off the field***

Jan 10, 2019, 2:04 PM

Jan 10, 2019, 2:15 PM

If you read it in Instagram, lots of of his teammates and others from around the nation commented positively. Sam Ehlinger of UT-Austin called him a Beast. Dwayne Haskins told him he balled out in the national title game. Deshaun Watson put the goat emoji, but I have to believe he was referring to the team this year. His teammates basically all said that they loved him, from Cleland Ferrell to Xavier Thomas.

On a side note, all these athletes saying how much they love each other is weird to me. We never did anything like that in the 90’s, early 2000’s. Must be a generational thing.

Jan 10, 2019, 2:54 PM

I think it's a Dabo thing. It's contagious.

Jan 10, 2019, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence with 'SPECIAL' message to Tiger Nation ]

WOW! A special team and a special year due to a special QB. The future is bright.

we're not worthy!!!!***

Jan 10, 2019, 2:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

How can you NOT love this kid?!

Jan 10, 2019, 2:37 PM

what an amazing guy.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: How can you NOT love this kid?!

Jan 10, 2019, 3:17 PM

Some of the Alabama players and fans said Lawrence was throwing 50/50 balls but the stats show he was throwing 100/0 balls. I didn't see a single Red Elephant intercept one of those 50/50 balls. Oh, the perfidy of it all !!!!!!

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How can you NOT love this kid?!

Jan 10, 2019, 3:29 PM

Perfidy: noun, deceitfulness; untrustworthy; falsity. You're welcome.

^^^ This isn't a coot forum JJ ^^^***

Jan 10, 2019, 4:06 PM

Jan 10, 2019, 3:46 PM

Ummmm, gunslinger? NO! Sniper/Assassin? Definitely! :)

How would you like

Jan 10, 2019, 5:06 PM

To be this young mans agent? Mercy. What a product to sell.

Darned confetti. It’s everywhere.***

Jan 10, 2019, 5:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 6:16 PM

Tremendous young man with the whole world in front of him and the graciousness of a saint!

Thanks for what you have done as well!

Looking thru the windshield - not the rear-view!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 6:46 PM

Let’s just say for the sake of argument we happen to sign Mr DJ to come in in a few years. Has there ever been a school with such a run of QBs - Tajh to Deshaun to Trevor to DJ? I know there’s no guarantees of total team success like the last 8 years but that’s some serious arm and head talent with some great coaching and RB and WR talent to go along with it. All that being said we’d just be Texas Tech or Oklahoma without Coach V and his staff and players.

Jan 10, 2019, 7:13 PM

Coaching is a major reason for that. LSU does nothing with 4 and 5 star QB recruits. They haven’t had an above average QB in 11 years, not coincidentally since their last title.

Jan 10, 2019, 6:55 PM

Just - - an amazing young man!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 10, 2019, 7:08 PM

I am in tears. Trevor is a special person and he belongs in a special place like Clemson with the entire special team and staff. God Bless our Clemson Tigers.

Jan 10, 2019, 11:22 PM

Teal Class!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 11:25 PM

Teal Class!

Real vice Teal, Sorry, fat fingers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome message

Jan 11, 2019, 10:58 AM

Love this guy!

I am inspired by Trevor***

Jan 11, 2019, 11:03 AM

Jan 11, 2019, 11:25 AM

Stay humble and believing. Thanks for being a part of the Clemson family.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 12:20 PM

Can we not let "Tiger Nation" become a thing? TIA in advance.

Thanks for coming to Clemson, Trevor!

Jan 11, 2019, 6:46 PM

We’re very proud of you!!!

Feel free to become mayor of Clemson after your NFL career.

~JKB

Jan 11, 2019, 10:31 PM

Kelly Bryant would have had been better... Just kidding... I'm a KB fan but was wrong about Dabo and the staff's decision. They made the right choice.. Again, I was WRONG and have grown from this experience. GO TIGERS!!

P.S. Good Luck TL next year.... Good luck KB Next years.. I'll be pulling for both you guys...

Go Tigers (x2)

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic