Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would the Jets trade the #1 pick
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,271

Would the Jets trade the #1 pick

Nov 2, 2020, 8:24 AM

Remember... Sam Darnold was the original Joe Burrow

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would the Jets trade the #1 pick

Nov 2, 2020, 8:37 AM

Greater chance that they would try to trade Darnold.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They already have two first rounders for 2021

Nov 2, 2020, 8:49 AM

So I highly doubt they'll trade down. Gotta consider the cost of a generational talent like Lawrence too; he's the best QB prospect since Luck.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's been done before

Nov 2, 2020, 9:06 AM

The Phillip Rivers / Eli Manning draft day trade happened, resulting in the #1 Pick by the Chargers being Manning, but trading for Rivers and another pick to the Giants, who had the #4 pick that year.

Rumor was that Manning refused to play for the Chargers, and the Chargers liked Rivers anyway. So, the Chargers just rolled with it and got the QB they wanted, plus 3 very good picks for that year and the next.

Overall, everybody was happy.

I could see something similar happening with the Jets. The 2021 #1 pick has more value than the 2022 #1 pick, assuming TL is a 'generational' talent. So, if the Jets stick with Darnold, they should be able to get in trade something like someone's #1 pick for 2021 and 2022, as well as some #2 or #3 picks over the next 2-3 years.

And, if I'm then Jets, that's what I do. They don't need a QB. They need the other 21 positions on their starting offense and defense. And trading 1 pick for 4-5 very high picks is a dang fine start to addressing their many problems.

It wouldn't quite be the Hershel Walker trade that positioned Dallas to win several championships (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Walker_trade), but it could be close.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree with the assessment... That said, Jets can go blow...***

Nov 2, 2020, 9:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's been done before

Nov 2, 2020, 12:56 PM [ in reply to It's been done before ]

That would be a good management decision, but it's the jets so it won't happen.

They have all sorts of needs other than QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our only chance for Trevor not being doomed, is for the Jets

Nov 2, 2020, 9:25 AM

to do what they haven't done in decades, which is make good Management decisions. The first of these should be to fire Gase as coach, immediately if not sooner. Then under interim coaching, look around and hire a competent GM. Then, let that GM conduct a lucid coaching search, and hire a good one, not a flavor of the week. Only then would I feel like Trevor is not walking into a career suicide by signing with the Jets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would the Jets trade the #1 pick

Nov 2, 2020, 9:29 AM

Sam Darnold was never supposed to be Joe Burrow. Sam Darnold still has potential though. He is young. He is only 23 like Burrow.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,271
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic