Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would ETN benefit more by running out of the Pistol formation?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,137

Would ETN benefit more by running out of the Pistol formation?

Dec 3, 2020, 11:17 AM

I know we use some Pistol... but should we go full The Chad in 2012ish? and move to strictly to the Pistol like he did to help our run game? Yes I know the problem is the OL and changing the formation wont fix that, but I think ETN would have more success running down hill at full speed just off of broken tackles alone. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No***

Dec 3, 2020, 11:21 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: Would ETN benefit more by running out of the Pistol formation?

Dec 3, 2020, 11:26 AM

The benefits of the pistol formation are that the RB is moving toward the LOS when he gets the ball and it allows for more options on where the play goes vs being set to one side of the QB.

The down side of the pistol formation in terms of our OL and how teams are playing us is that the RB starts further from the LOS so the line has to block longer and it also allows for the defense to read run action sooner and crash down on ETN which they are already doing for the most part now.

The pistol formation also makes things a little more difficult in the RPO game because the QB has to be able to locate the RB coming from behind him while also trying to read coverage and blitzes coming from in front of him.

The motion and WR/TE placement and everything in Chad's offense was set up to allow the RB to be in the pistol set. For example, we currently don't use the orbit motion very often if at all and you saw it on almost every WR motion in Chad's offense.

There are a few other aspects of our offense that would not work quite as smoothly with a switch to the pistol formation for running game purposes, but there are too many small details to try to explain.

Dec 3, 2020, 11:39 AM

ETN makes his yards with patience AND speed. He waits then BOOM! His first two steps are what gets people

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Don't use the words "Chad" and "Pistol" in the same poast.

Dec 3, 2020, 12:45 PM

People will be reminded of Chad Kelly's saying he was going to come back and start spraying the place (I think it was a nightclub) with his Uzi.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2020, 1:34 PM

Teams have been keying on ETN only on running plays.First few games Elliot must have been protecting Trevor by running much less. Then when Trevor had covid DJ was protected because his shoulder wasn't 100% and limited his running as well.I expect from here on out Trevor will become more part of the running attack as he did against Pitt.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,137
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic