Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would Dabo play a hurt Tua?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Would Dabo play a hurt Tua?

Nov 10, 2019, 1:04 PM

Not sure. He played Deshaun with the torn ACL.

More concerned for Tua. He might be taking some unrepairable damage to the ankle. Limping pretty good after game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would Dabo play a hurt Tua?

Nov 10, 2019, 1:08 PM

I always feel like Dabo takes player safety very seriously - than being said he played Deshaun with a torn ACL against the coots and Kelly Bryant against Syracuse with a bad ankle that limited his mobility significantly.

Nov 10, 2019, 1:12 PM

The doctors assured Dabo that no further damage could be done to DW's knee and Watson really wanted to play. A lot went into making sure the brace would work also.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Against the #2 team? Of course he would

Nov 10, 2019, 1:17 PM

I'm not saying he would ignore doctors and endanger a player, but we've had guys play with all sorts of injuries before. Deshaun's knee, KBs ankle, Shaq Lawsons shoulder, Mike Williams back, etc, etc.

I think the biggest difference is Bama was basically given

Nov 10, 2019, 1:18 PM

a mulligan before they ever kicked off. It had been mentioned that the committee does take into account injuries. All the experts were already making the case for Bama to still get if LSU beat Bama without Tua. Saban probably could have gotten away with sitting Tua, or at least pulling him out when he started limping. I was surprised to see Saban leave Tua in as long as he did. Now you have to wonder how effective Tua will be the rest of the season or if they sort of pack it in after this loss.

Nov 10, 2019, 1:39 PM

You said it right, “AFTER THE GAME”. Now they can blame the loss on Tua being hurt.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I STAND FOR THE FLAG AND KNEEL FOR THE FALLEN

Nov 10, 2019, 2:47 PM

Agreed. I could not help but to think that I did not notice him limping that bad during the game. Maybe it was simply adrenaline, but I would guess it to be a little bit of acting.

Nov 10, 2019, 1:57 PM

Not sure y’all know Dabo. He would not have played KB in the cuse game. KB had a sprained ankle. Little different than playing someone with a medal rod screwed through two bones that most doctors on tv said it was a huge risk.

The only thing KB couldn’t do was cut.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KBs ankle led to him getting a concussion

Nov 10, 2019, 2:13 PM

Anytime your mobility is hindered you are at extra risk on the football field.

Maybe but he is also a running QB

Nov 10, 2019, 2:32 PM

He had just as much of a chance getting a concussion if his ankle was fine. A player playing with a sprained ankle is not uncommon. Tua’s ankle issue has been going on for 2 years and a lot more serious. I feel like if Dabo had a player that went into surgery he would say they are done and entered into rehab until they were cleared by team Dr’s.

Nov 10, 2019, 2:22 PM

I am not convinced this sketchy bone-wire surgical intervention is in the best interests of the patient. It reeks of the program pressuring him to do something to recover faster, but there is not good data on the long-term effects of that insane invasive treatment for a simple sprained ankle. I hope Tua is getting independent medical advice. Putting a bunch of pins and wires in your body is a last resort medical treatment.

LOL! That limp was only there for CFP Committee viewing.

Nov 10, 2019, 7:38 PM

He did not limp at any point during the game, and was actually running faster than I remember seeing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic