Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's the statement that was left out of the TNET article
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Here's the statement that was left out of the TNET article

Sep 1, 2024, 9:40 PM

it is the lead paragraph as reported by CBS Sports for the Statement that presents 5 "actionable steps".

Quoting: "Over the course of the past year, our country has witnessed some of the most atrocious racial injustices against countless Black and African-American people," the statement read. "Too many have fallen victim to racial injustice and system inequities. Enough is enough. Real change must come."

Things I find objectionable or highly questionable:

1. "countless"
2. "atrocious"
3. "system inequities"
4. "Black"

I don't know why this Paragraph wasn't used in the TNET article. It presumes Judgement on a spate of cases that almost uniformly show mitigating issues and contributory behavior by persons Police are attempting to take into custody.

1. Countless - inflammatory; unnecessary; should use specific information where issues are in debate; actual data shows the numbers to be very small relative the number of interactions Police have with the public on a daily basis

2. Atrocious - again inflammatory; mitigating circumstances and contributory behavior exist in virtually all publicized circumstances - where Specific situations exist, they should be described appropriately plus or minus; even the George Floyd case now has developed information from the Medical Examiner that suggests the "atrocious" handling by the officer may have been more "contributory" rather than "causal"; thus to Presume these descriptions prior completion of Investigation and Adjudication is inflammatory, inappropriate, and does not serve Societal goals

3. System Inequities - this is completely false; there is no data supporting this, and anecdotal situations are inherently "non-systemic" in nature; inequality of outcomes does not inherently mean "racism"

4. Black - again, data does not support the any of the publicized situations were targeted significantly or primarily based on Racial issues; in the Breonna Taylor case for example, Police executed 4 warrants simultaneously and only one involved shooting - Taylor's boyfriend admits to having fired first - how is this "Racial"?

The failure to Publish this most inflammatory first Paragraph is inappropriate and highly prejudicial. While I have no personal issue with Trevor Lawrence or any of the other Players on this year's team, I will not support any organization, whether Clemson or not, that simply throws more hurtful and slanted rhetoric into an already burning societal blaze.

America and its Black Communities will heal when Truth (in all situations) wins the Day, not when Rhetoric overwhelms Due Process.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's the statement that was left out of the TNET article

Sep 8, 2020, 9:52 PM

Fwwl better now?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2020, 9:55 PM

feel

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2020, 10:13 PM

Wow. You’ve been on Tigrnet 88 days, posted 738 times, and have already seen your rating drop 40 points. What was your username the last time you were banned?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh CBS, we’ve seen “countless” killings in last year of Whites & Cops TOO..

Sep 8, 2020, 10:33 PM

so let’s get real and stand up for social reform for ALL People.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh CBS, we’ve seen “countless” killings in last year of Whites & Cops TOO..

Sep 8, 2020, 11:05 PM

Why are you responding to my remark? Is olemike59 your burner Tnet account?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. ^^^^^This freaking guy don't know who...

Sep 9, 2020, 6:12 AM

...he's messing with, LBB. Go easy on him...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so what are you doing to help?

Sep 8, 2020, 11:14 PM [ in reply to Oh CBS, we’ve seen “countless” killings in last year of Whites & Cops TOO.. ]

Complaining about one agenda isn’t doing a thing to support helping ‘all’. Both can happen at the same time.

Help poor people.
Help compromised people.
Help disadvantaged people.
Help reform police protocols.

All these people claiming ‘all’ lives matter don’t do a dang thing to help them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

President Trump has done more than any other president

Sep 8, 2020, 11:19 PM

to help each of those groups. Since it's important that we help them, I'm glad to see you will be voting for Donald J. Trump on November 3. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everything has to be about deer leader for you

Sep 9, 2020, 12:08 AM

Mad your other posts got zapped? This guy has done a lot for the compromised folks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deer leader? You mean like this.

Sep 9, 2020, 6:32 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW9b0xr06qA&ab_channel=kathysawada

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deer leader? You mean like this.

Sep 9, 2020, 6:40 AM

Wow. Takes me back to the old Soviet Union days or Mao's China.

Re: President Trump has done more than any other president

Sep 9, 2020, 4:03 PM [ in reply to President Trump has done more than any other president ]

hahaha - ok brainiac

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: so what are you doing to help?

Sep 9, 2020, 1:04 AM [ in reply to so what are you doing to help? ]

Some of us believe that "due process" is actually...um...due process.

The phrase actually has a meaning for a reason.

When you give 'special consideration' to a Black male repeat offender lawbreaker, you're denying the 'due process' consideration of the (multiple) victims. Who are also usually Black, if it "matters". And law-abiding.

So Black Lives Matters promotes the Black criminal over the Black victims (usually the males over the females) because BLM is anarchist and misogynist.

I support programs that give Black men second chances at gaining job skills and opportunities--and unlike some of you bleeding hearts, I actually can name past friends who would benefit from them--but I don't support tilting the entire criminal justice system in favor of the 6% of Americans who refuse to become responsible citizens.

Sep 8, 2020, 10:32 PM

Hurtful and slanted rhetoric .
Your own words .

Lol .

DB23

Sep 8, 2020, 10:32 PM

Hurtful and slanted rhetoric .
Your own words .

Lol .

DB23

Sep 8, 2020, 10:56 PM

Wrong bored Moran!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2020, 11:07 PM

Olemike says, " I will not support any organization, whether Clemson or not, that simply throws more hurtful and slanted rhetoric into an already burning societal blaze."

I guess he will be boycotting himself from now on.

Hey bud

Sep 8, 2020, 11:17 PM

Next time you go upstairs tell your mom I said hello.

You should tell your Mom hello.

Sep 9, 2020, 5:52 AM

After she leaves my house. I gave her a few bucks for gas.

I would but sadly I cannot.

Sep 9, 2020, 4:10 PM

She is dead.

Sep 9, 2020, 1:24 AM

Well...Iah...you do have a point with #1...the “Countless” statement...it’s absolutely false...we have counted and there are many but they have been counted...in more ways than one...and that’s a good thing!!!

The rest is hogwash...and really kind of stupid Iah ... but you are at a grand total winning percentage of 25%...you’s gots to be a Coot...there is no other explanation for such a poor winning percentage!!!

Words matter

Sep 9, 2020, 3:57 AM

I agree with your take Mike and appreciate your approach.

Part of the problem with today’s lack of civility and inability to discuss even basic disagreement has to do with the hyperbole and instant emotional reactions that are sparked.

It is interesting to read the attacks on you in response to your post. Kind of makes the point. No real redress of the points you make, mostly juvenile chest thumping.

I’m not sure when the adults left in the room take control of the situation playing out in the streets of some of these cities. Hopefully there are enough of us left who are paying attention and who are willing to stand up to these inflated race baiting bullies.

God Bless

Re: Words matter

Sep 9, 2020, 3:38 PM

That's a good hope.

But it won't happen in our current environment. Whenever the race-baiters sense the ebb of emotion, they will seize upon the next cop-abuse video--regardless of the cause of the 'abuse'--and we will start the next plunge of the roller coaster. LeBron will tweet something inflammatory about how he identifies with the sexual predator/'victim' and the rhetoric will begin again and reason will fly out the window.

We are being conditioned to make sure that one of two solutions occur: either Biden wins the Presidency which will solve all problems and pacify all people (gotta love the security found living on the plantation); or the police need to stop shooting people who resist arrest, which will certainly make people stop resisting, won't it?

In order for adults to step forward and discuss these topics, they must still be present in the room. Many have checked out.

I'm cynical because the only moral value we have left as a culture is pragmatism, and I don't believe it is sufficient to resolve this problem.

I hope I'm wrong.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic