Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wondering how many schools Feaster COULD have gone to and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,765

Wondering how many schools Feaster COULD have gone to and

Jul 29, 2019, 10:26 AM

... and still realized his goal of becoming the “Feature RB” while making his case for being drafted by the NFL??

It’s been said that he wanted to stay close to home ...

Well that makes no sense! That’s what a 19 year old kid says when they’re home sick as a freshman. Not a 22 year old senior!

If he aspires to the NFL and he makes it, he will shortly be locating somewhere else and probably far, far from home.

If he is as good as he thinks he is, and he really has NFL potential, then he could have demonstrated it lots of places without delivering a slap in the face to his coaches, teammates, and fans in the process. Not to mention the legacy of CJ Spiller.

Transfering to SCAR just makes no sense ... unless he’s being vindictive.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wondering how many schools Feaster COULD have gone to and

Jul 29, 2019, 10:30 AM

Florida would have made sense.

Miami
VT obviously
UNC might have made sense
Auburn
LSU maybe?
Texas
Texas A&M would have been solid after they just lost their RB, have some good ones in the wings but it would have been a good one year with a decent OL.

I mean so many schools besides the #### coots.

The thing is, I think he has to have schools contact him in the portal and maybe their weren't that many that were even interested?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2019, 10:41 AM

It’s definitely perplexing. Feaster probably could have had infinite more exposure somewhere else (SCAR is SEC, but has the tradition of figuratively, well literally scoring zero points in the Belk Bowl). SCAR probably will play prime time this year, but probably won’t get the CBS game at 3:30 (maybe against Bama; I haven’t looked at the comps for that weekend)

The Master’s degree rule needs change, because these players are just transferring for a semester at most and will never earn the degree which necessitates and validates the transfer. Post-bachelor’s education for the vast majority of transfers is a farce and there is no guarantee that they’ll earn these degrees.

But that’s just my two cents, I could be completely way off base here.

Jul 29, 2019, 10:47 AM

Character my friend it all lies in Character. Simply put Muschamp's character matched what Tavien needed. To be contacted in the portal a team, a coach, would have to say "#### on the guys who have worked hard to earn a spot at RB on my current roster". I choose "possibly winning" over loyalty to the guys who have worked and earned their spot. Tavien needed a place where "possibly winning" comes before loyalty and work ethic and boy he found it in South Carolina.

In all reality this could hurt Chump worse than it does anyone else. To be such a great recruiter Belk and Feaster are some of the laziest moves I have ever seen.

Jul 29, 2019, 10:56 AM

I only hope in the future, no one ever wears #28 again! That also goes for #4 and # 66--Banks and William Perry.-No exceptions!

Jul 29, 2019, 11:00 AM

Does Feaster have an ax to grind? I am wondering if he chose USuck to attempt to prove a point against Clemson.

Jul 29, 2019, 11:05 AM

Does Feaster have an ax to grind? I am wondering if he chose USuck to attempt to prove a point against Clemson.

Who cares. The 3rd stringer is joining the losers.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2019, 11:17 AM

He is still a good back and could have helped the team this year. I honestly do not know how he will stay upright behind the chickens online.

Jul 29, 2019, 11:50 AM

Yeah I dont get this move but he is free to do it. Seems an unexpected injury or two and he could become the featured rb. Reminder how unpredictable football is- last year vs Syracuse

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2019, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Wondering how many schools Feaster COULD have gone to and ]

"Does Feaster have an ax to grind? I am wondering if he chose USuck to attempt to prove a point against Clemson."

I personally think this is part of his mindset. I think he is PO'd at being moved to 3rd team and wants to rub it into our face.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2019, 11:18 AM

If so, he picked the wrong school to do that.

Judging from folk's reaction - I'd say he picked the perfect

Jul 29, 2019, 1:14 PM

school, if that was actually his main focus when picking a new school (which I seriously doubt)...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's been suggested that his father pushed for the transfer

Jul 29, 2019, 12:27 PM

to Columbia the whole time and that if the decision had been left entirely to Tavien he would still be playing for Clemson.

I don't know if any of that is true but it makes at least as much sense as the other theories out there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,765
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic