Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Women’s Basketball commits updated
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Women’s Basketball commits updated

Apr 19, 2018, 9:23 PM

I know this post is unusual, but with the recent coaching change I only see one firm commit when back in January Clemson apparently had two excellent guards indicate they planned to attend Clemson.

One was Mercedes Staples out of Utah (2018), the other Williamson from Spring Valley locally (2019). We need to keep both as recruits so I am hoping Coach Butler has contacted both.

While I recognize the sport is not high on our radar so to speak I would enjoy knowing the best site for women’s sports recruiting covering basketball in particular. Any suggestions welcomed.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Women’s Basketball commits updated

Apr 19, 2018, 9:41 PM

FGF lol...

Apr 19, 2018, 10:25 PM

wrong school

Is this real?

Apr 19, 2018, 10:26 PM

I hope this isn't real

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is this real?

Apr 19, 2018, 10:39 PM

For Tiger posters - This post is real! I’ve been a Clemson fan for virtually all sports for fifty plus years and some attitudes on this board need to change because your negativity is getting old.

What I post is my own interest and if anybody doesn’t share those interests then simply don’t read or bother to reply.

Go Tigers!

Oh lighten up Francis

Apr 20, 2018, 10:51 AM

It was tongue in cheek. I know you were serious, and I appreciate your longstanding and dedicated fandom to everything Clemson! Even still, I can't help but chuckle at the thought of actively discussing women's basketball recruiting. Maybe you're just an even bigger fan than I am!

I agree that the negativity around here gets to be unbearable at times. I guess that's to be expected when we have tasted success like we have lately. People need to see the bigger picture!

Happy Friday to you, RRFTigerFan !

Re: Oh lighten up Francis

Apr 20, 2018, 12:19 PM

Thx. I answered late at night after a difficult week. I still think posts need to keep things balanced. I remember Coach Davis having a successful program and it is time to step up and rebuild the program.

Go Tigers!

Apr 19, 2018, 10:54 PM

ESPNW and Prospectsnation.com are fair sites. Neither are very complete. The best way I've found is doing your own google searches. Staples has been granted a partial release and is looking at other schools. She hasn't ruled out Clemson but I doubt she comes here. Smith also had commitments from a SC forward and a Michigan guard but I haven't seen anything on their status since the change in coaches happened.

Apr 20, 2018, 6:38 AM

While women's basketball will never be big in my eyes and I would never watch it but you have t admit that y'all want every sport at Clemson represented well, right? I know while women's basketball isn't high on my list though I want it to do well I am very excited about the prospects of having a women's softball team.

Elephant in the room.

Apr 20, 2018, 6:49 AM

You read everyones mind.

I, for one applaud you for this post. If Clemson is going to

Apr 23, 2018, 10:15 AM

field teams in women's sports, (and Title IX pretty much mandates it) then we should strive to be successful in all of them. In addition, the Coots having ANYTHING they can brag about as being better than us is totally unacceptable. So, yes, we should get behind the new Womens basketball coach. She, and the gals are part of CLEMSON and deserve all our support. Trivialize the USuK womens basketball success all you want, but when they put 14,000 fannies in the seats, that is money generated for the university. We should be capable of fielding a team that will fill Littlejohn to watch good basketball as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said 76. If Clemson is on the uniform then I am

Apr 23, 2018, 11:43 AM

supporting!

Re: I, for one applaud you for this post. If Clemson is going to

Apr 23, 2018, 11:54 AM [ in reply to I, for one applaud you for this post. If Clemson is going to ]

It is evident on our board that many give scant online interest toward or support of women’s sports at Clemson so I would ask those who downplay their involvement the following:

How would your daughter feel if you displayed your bias toward just men’s sports and she had a scholarship in a sport at Clemson?

We need to discuss and support all sports at Clemson. I for one would like a feature article in the dead period on Women’s Basketball and also Softball. Mods how about these for those of us interested.

Go Tigers!

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic