Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wives
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Wives

Jan 14, 2019, 8:42 PM

Any of you tiger fans have wives that just don’t get into sports? Mine has zero interest unless my kids are playing it. I do love the fact that she is genuinely happy for me when the tigers win and bummed when they lose. She buys me Clemson stuff and all. She even got me the new Nikes for Christmas that came out this past year. It would be rad if she was into it like we are.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People are just going to come here

Jan 14, 2019, 8:46 PM

For pigs (pictures), get ready.

Re: Wives

Jan 14, 2019, 8:47 PM

Say "Thank you" for anything Clemson that she bought for you and let her otherwise live in her world. You'll have a good long-term relationship.

Jan 14, 2019, 8:48 PM

Wait until one of your children gets interested or goes to Clemson, maybe that will change her. But at least she supports your interest.

Mine could not care less about sports, never watches***

Jan 14, 2019, 8:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not married

Jan 14, 2019, 8:50 PM

But I've had gfs in the past who had no interest at all in sports. I noticed that my casual viewing decreased significantly. Like I would still watch the big stuff of course but things like tuning into a random game not involving Clemson was replaced by watching "Girls" on HBO or something

Re: I'm not married

Jan 14, 2019, 9:05 PM

I feel ya. We’ve been married for 13yrs and together for 17. I don’t watch all the games like I used to. I pretty much keep it at Tigers on Saturday and Steelers on Sunday.

Jan 14, 2019, 8:50 PM

I’m in the same boat except I’m two opposite. My husband likes Clemson because of me but he’s never into it like I am. He will fall asleep during games and he has no desire to go to the games.

May be time for you to upgrade!! :)***

Jan 14, 2019, 8:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2019, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Wives ]

Pigs???

Jan 14, 2019, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Wives ]

I had that problem one time way back . I found out she knew nothing about the game .

Once we watched a game and I started explaining ok first down , we need yards or punt , by the

fourth quarter she was into it . Then the questions about the game , find out what she knows .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2019, 8:58 PM

My wife is a Clemson grad and she claims she’s cares but she won’t sit and watch hardly any games. Her and I will go to a game together about once every three years. She claims because I get so loud watching a game she won’t watch it with me. I guess I’m just glad she did graduate from there and not somewhere else.

Jan 14, 2019, 9:02 PM

Same here, but she humors me, makes appropriate noises when I show her the most exciting plays or tell her the most impressive stats. She was truly impressed with Ross's one hander. But she'll never truly understand the depth of the joy Clemson football brings me.

Jan 14, 2019, 9:03 PM

Mine is the same. Half a lifetime ago she was a Fight Attendant. One day Joe Theisman gets on her plane, First Class. He’s wearing a giant fur coat and he’s blocking the aisle and the boarding comes to a schreeching halt. My wife asks him to take his seat so that they can continue boarding. He says, “I’m Joe Theisman”. My wife says, “Does that mean I’m supposed to know who you are?”

She used to work charters from time to time with various Pro Teams. One day she came home and tells me, “We had the Lakers football team on board yesterday.” In her defense, her whole family is that way, the men the women all of them, zero sports fans.

Lakebabe is moderately interested. Mostly goes to the games

Jan 14, 2019, 9:24 PM

to socialize with folks we know from school and the folks we have gotten to know in the stadium over the years. She might watch half of a game on TV that she does not go to, if that. She does dig orange and purple so I have that going for me! She went to the natty this year, the first playoff or bowl game for her in many years. Good little trip to The Bay.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2019, 9:27 PM

So, I'm pretty fortunate in that regard. My wife grew up going to Clemson games every Saturday. The two of us each have two degrees from Clemson, so you know we're very much the legit kind of fans (kidding). Anyway, when we talk about who to have over to watch games, she'll intentionally say that she doesn't want to invite certain friends because they'll just want to talk to her the whole time and keep her from watching the game, which is what she wants to do. My problem is different. I live in Cary, North Carolina, and it seems like almost nobody here is into sports at all (except a few friends). I loved living in Greenville (South Carolina), cuz I could talk to anybody about sports. I used to love catching up and talking about sports with coworkers every Monday. Here, people seem more about making money than sports. Makes work less fun.

Jan 14, 2019, 9:29 PM

My wife doesn't watch any games, but she will wear Clemson gear. She works at Virginia Tech and brags about Clemson to her Hokie co-workers.
I've taken her to about 10 Clemson football games and I realized she enjoys the trip, but not the game. She enjoys going to the basketball games so we travel down for one basketball game a year instead of going to football games.

Tiger Band 70-74

Jan 14, 2019, 9:43 PM

Very fortunate that my wife gets into Clemson football. She knows about alot ot the players. She will even text me news on the Tigers thru the day to make sure that i know. Shes a good one.

My boyfriend liked college football....but never had a team.

Jan 14, 2019, 9:49 PM

Not long before we met, he watched Clemson play Notre Dame in the hurricane. He was hooked from that moment on. He said watching that Clemson team, they just wanted it more.

Fast forward a couple of years and he is as obsessed as me. He has only been to 2 games so far, but hopes to get to a couple more next year.

He keeps saying "I am so glad I got to see this team in person".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2019, 9:52 PM

RMy wife is not a sports nut, but does keep up with games I watch on TV(while doing other things). Our first date was the 1956 TCU/ Texas A&M game. So football has a special place in her heart. For years we had season tickets for NCSU FB and BB. Then when Hockey came to Raleigh we became season ticket holders and she became a Hockey nut. Always grabbed the morning paper to read about the game the night before,which we had seen. She is truly a Tiger fan and puts all other things aside and sits by my side on the couch for all Clemson Football games, contributing to 62 years of marriage harmony.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2019, 11:04 PM

I am very fortunate - - my wife of 48 years loves Clemson football.... She was even all in for watching the games during the Hatfield/West/Bowden years when I found watching some of the games to be torture!! Now of course she is loving the Swinney years....-:)

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Mrs. Keller went to a small liberal arts college.

Jan 14, 2019, 11:14 PM

She adopted Clemson as her team when we started dating, and always watches the games with me - unless the games are "boring," which to her means that we are blowing out the other team. I've tried to explain to her that those games aren't boring at all. Still, even for those games she will be in the same room with me and cheer for the team, even if she is also reading a book or something.

The fact that she knows that Clemson football and basketball games are priorities in our house is evidence enough that she is a keeper.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic