Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With Etienne's departure
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,889

With Etienne's departure

Jan 2, 2021, 7:12 PM

Which RB will step in to his roll as starter? In your opinion!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With Etienne's departure

Jan 2, 2021, 7:16 PM

Melusi/Dixon sharing snaps to start the season with Melusi probably being the true #1. Mid to late season is anyone’s guess depending on if some of the youngins develop quickly.

Jan 2, 2021, 7:18 PM

I see one of the incoming freshman to have a year similar to Etienne’s freshman year. One of them will probably surprise coaches and get in and make the most of their touches and earn more carries throughout the year. Looking at the carries this year, it seems that Lyn J Dixon and Mellusi will start as co-starters at the beginning of the year. However, Mafah is a big back like a Najee Harris or Trey Sermon and Will Shipley is extremely versatile. They will be a great 1-2 punch. Just my amateur opinion.

Go Tigers!

Despite the objections of T-net, Dixon has been the #2 guy

Jan 2, 2021, 7:28 PM

for the last few years, was the #2 guy the last game, and will be the #1 guy without question going into spring. Go ahead and hate, but he's the guy. There will be a competion come spring, and I expect Shipley to impress, and Melusi and Mafa, and Dukes and Pace to all be in the mix, and any of them could win the job, but it's clearly Dixon's to lose.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Despite the objections of T-net, Dixon has been the #2 guy

Jan 2, 2021, 8:05 PM

No doubt Dixon will start #1 next season. It just seems like he’ll need to do a lot of work in pass protection to be the every down back that I know he wants to be. Tony Elliot will have fun training all these guys, because the competition combined with opportunity should have them fully focused all off-season.

Go Tigers!

Re: Despite the objections of T-net, Dixon has been the #2 guy

Jan 2, 2021, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Despite the objections of T-net, Dixon has been the #2 guy ]

Early on, the job is Lyn-J's to lose. But, he will be pushed

Jan 2, 2021, 8:09 PM

hard by others in the room. I see that position as still being at least a two headed monster next year, just as it really was with he and Travis.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have not seen a standout backup RB to date ...

Jan 2, 2021, 8:22 PM

And hopefully those we have seen will remain backups. There should be no veteran preference for RB's anymore than there was for displaced Kelly Bryant if Tigers are serious about winning.

It would be fantastic to have a power back in the rotation like Sermon - Gallman was a baller.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 8:27 PM

Looking like Melusi will be our every down guy, but I am optimistic about Mafa, he is physically ready to play although I believe he is coming off an injury.

and probably alone here in saying that I am not sold on the RB out of Charlotte just yet, hope i am wrong.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,889
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic