Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Knowing Tiger Woods like I think I know him
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Knowing Tiger Woods like I think I know him

Feb 25, 2021, 5:01 AM

I’m willing to place a substantial bet on his winning his 2nd Masters in 3 years .

Doctors are saying it could be 4 weeks before he’s allowed to put weight on his legs. I would imagine he will use this time to mentally access Augusta National, his opponents weaknesses , and how best to use his temporary handicapp to gain strokes on his opponents.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Knowing Tiger Woods like I think I know him

Feb 25, 2021, 8:00 AM

I'll take that bet for whatever amount you want to wager.
Tiger Woods is the second best golfer I have ever seen, but he is 45 years old, his back was a handicap before the accident. In a recent video he said there was no wiggle room on his back after the last surgery.
After this accident my hope for Tiger Woods is that he will be able to walk normally. Breaking both bones in the lower part of his leg and crushing his ankle is a serious injury. The body just does not respond at 45 like it does at 30.
As much as I hate to say this, this injury is the end of his golf career. Maybe he can be a golf analyst for one of the major networks.

Overall & longevity wise 2nd best, in his prime and at his

Feb 25, 2021, 9:08 AM

peak, he was the best to do it. There was stretch run in there where Tiger was the most dominant golfer in history.

It will probably be 3 to 4 months before he can walk...

Feb 25, 2021, 8:22 AM

follow by 6 to 12 months of PT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Feb 25, 2021, 8:42 AM

Maybe in 2022.

Feb 25, 2021, 11:44 AM

He is nowhere close to where he was in his early years. He is mediocre at best . He can certainly get accolades for what he accomplished years ago but that’s history . He can’t compete four rounds against these young guns . And before you lovers call me a hater be assured that’s not the case.

Feb 25, 2021, 3:09 PM

Well with his injuries now he probably isnt going to win it. He certainly still has the ability to win if he gets back healthy tho.

Tiger is as mentally strong as any athlete I have ever seen.

Feb 25, 2021, 9:05 AM

However, even he was finally acknowledging that this last back surgery was close to a last ditch effort to get him to the point where he could continue to play professional golf. He realizes that a 45 year old body just will not do the things and take the physical abuse that a twenty five year old body could.

All that knowledge will end up being a positive factor in this upcoming rehab from these terrible leg injuries. He now knows that he cannot push the envelope, and must adhere to what the doctors say is possible at the time, or he may do irrevocable damage and end not only a golf career, but just having a relatively normal life in old age.

That being said, I think his goal right now is to get well. His secondary, and just as strong a goal, will be to get healthy enough to play golf with his kids. He focuses well enough to know that playing professional golf cannot be accomplished until these other goals are first realized.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wish him the best, but he won't play on the PGA Tour again

Feb 25, 2021, 9:10 AM

One of the main issues is that his ankle was destroyed. He had a comminuted fracture which means they were pulling pieces of bone out of his leg. This wasn't a typical broken bone or a fracture. It was pulverized.

They'll rebuild it with some titanium rods and screws. And hopefully he can recover enough to walk and live his life without a serious handicap.

PGA golfers have insane club speed. That helps them hit it 300+ yards while us mortals are lucky to get it 250. To generate the kind of club speed required in the PGA, you have to generate a lot of torque. And, a big part of that torque generation is your lower body. I don't think Tiger's body will ever be able to handle that kind of torque.

Perhaps he can participate in some Senior Tour matches... or some celebrity tournaments. But, he will never be able to compete against PGA guys again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John Engler

Feb 25, 2021, 9:34 AM

Former Clemson player and professional golfer John Engler suffered the same type of injury to his ankle as a result of a head on collision. He is a reinstated amateur now and can play pretty well, but he never fully recovered and was unable to resume his professional career. That was just because of the ankle, and I don’t believe he had injuries to his leg anywhere near as severe as those that Woods had. In my opinion, Woods will never play in a professional tournament again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: John Engler

Feb 25, 2021, 10:07 AM

I will take that bet Outlaw. He only plays tournaments now that he has played good in the past and he struggles in those. He is done as a threat to these younger guns with limber backs and hungry for a win. He is a very talented golfer but that is about it. Doesn't give autographs, does not give the young fans the time of day, walks around with a fixed, expressionless look on his face, and not a very good ambassador for the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t think D Johnson and Koepka

Feb 25, 2021, 10:49 AM

Are willing to let Tiger win

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His professional golf career is likely over.

Feb 25, 2021, 10:53 AM

That's nothing against him, just a likely reality given his injuries and the physical requirements of his job.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 25, 2021, 2:56 PM

I think the odds were really low that Tiger would have won another Masters anyway. That last one was kind of a miracle with everyone hitting in the water so he could sneak in there. Moving forward it's very unlikely now. It would be one of the best stories in sports history if he did pull another one off. I would love to see it. I can't really think of something that would rival that accomplishment if he did pull it off.

This will give him more time to start posting on TNET again***

Feb 25, 2021, 3:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2021, 10:58 PM

I predict he will never tee it up in a PGA Tour event again.

Injuries too serious.

This is far more than a broken bone (two) in his leg. Heard a surgeon on Golf Channel explain it. both bones were broken in multiple places (I forget what they call it, but it was in the description of his injuries.) Also has broken bones in his ankle and foot. Too early to tell, but if those bones have to be fused his mobility will be severly limited in terms of swinging a golf club at the PGA level. Dr. said possibly th most serious injury was swelling so severe the first thing they did, surgically, was to cut some muscles to relieve serious swelling.

Now, the rest is just my speculation. He's had 4 back surgeries and is recuperating from a 5th. I find it impossible to believe that the wreck did not affect his back.

My conclusion, which could prove to be wrong, is his PGA Tour days are over.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a big Tiger Woods fan..

Feb 26, 2021, 9:13 AM

And want him to pass the Golden bear..

But this accident is probably the nail in the coffin as far as his golf career goes..

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm a big Tiger Woods fan..

Feb 26, 2021, 9:38 AM

He doesn't need to pass the Bear. He is the best even without doing so. It's kind of like how Wilt has more scoring titles than MJ, or how Bill Russell has more titles than MJ. MJ is still the greatest. I would also compare it to Serena Williams and Margaret Court. Sure Margaret Court has 24 Grand Slam Titles to Serena's 23, and Serena will likely not get 24, but Serena is better by a mile. Tiger is better than Jack by a mile. I would have liked to have seen it though.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic