Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will someone answer this?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Will someone answer this?

Jun 2, 2020, 10:52 PM

I don’t allow my kids to say the “N” word. As a child of the 80’s in rural South Carolina my parents didn’t allow it either. With that said....

When the F is the black community going to get pissed off when the so called oppressed uses the N word???

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

See my post on N- word debate in black community....

Jun 2, 2020, 10:58 PM

I understand the confusion and frustration. As a black man- I know it’s hard to understand. We are all victims of its wrongful use and inter- racial use that is at times a term of affection for my people. But it can quickly become weaponized and explode on everyone!!! It’s a bomb and land mine word of its own.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: See my post on N- word debate in black community....

Jun 3, 2020, 1:00 AM

I acknowledge your point. What I’d like to say is it’s a word and therefore has only the power given to it. Hence it is used as a “term of affection” when obviously directed without malice. The flip side is when people try to hurt others with words they reach into the lowest depths of their vocabulary. Does that automatically identify them as racist? I don’t think so. Human beings, when angry, tend to act irrationally. This goes for any slurs or names. Some would explain it as a true identity surfacing, and I think that may be in some instances but not most. I tend to think most people are good. Usually trends identify the bad apples. We are quick to judge and condemn now. Antisocial media just provides a faster platform now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will someone answer this?

Jun 2, 2020, 11:01 PM

You know you have privilege when there are certain words you can’t say.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 2, 2020, 11:05 PM

What most Blacks do not even know is that the n-word derived from the fact that many of the slaves came from Niger Africa. I don't think the term was intended to be demeaning, but was mispronounced. I can understand that the mere term makes it sound like Blacks are still slaves and are treated accordingly, so maybe that's why the term agitates them so much (except when they use it as a warm greeting or friendship).

But "White chocolate" is fine - right? Like they used to call Renfrow. I guess Renfrow was so good, that he was good enough to be Black.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2020, 1:38 AM

Yeah the origin of it doesn't really matter , it has a connotation all it's own now and shouldn't be used by anyone honestly , it's hate speech and a mire of bad things crammed into one little 6 letter word .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 3, 2020, 1:24 AM

The same reason a parent can spank their child but be furious if a stranger did the same to their child.

The same reason you’ve probably said the word b!tch or s1ut before but would be upset if another person used those words towards your wife or mother.

The same reason a group of friends may joke around and call each other hateful names, but none of them get upset because they all know they’re joking.

Jun 3, 2020, 1:26 AM

The same reason a parent can spank their child but be furious if a stranger did the same to their child.

The same reason you’ve probably said the word b!tch or s1ut before but would be upset if another person used those words towards your wife or mother.

The same reason a group of friends may joke around and call each other hateful names, but none of them get upset because they all know they’re joking.

Jun 3, 2020, 2:25 AM

"The same reason a group of friends may joke around and call each other hateful names, but none of them get upset because they all know they’re joking."

But all it takes is one Karen to overhear that and it becomes the crime of the century.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NSFW

Jun 3, 2020, 3:36 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LGEiIL1__s

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 3, 2020, 7:03 AM

We didn't and don't use the N and F words.

Jun 3, 2020, 8:45 AM

I won't use "Francis" or the M word

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2020, 7:23 AM

I do not use the word therefore my children grew up not hearing it. Fast forward twenty plus years and it is all in rap songs and used as a greeting. The word needs to either be banned or ignored.

Jun 3, 2020, 7:40 AM

I agree if it’s such a terrible word no one should use it. The N word offends many blacks. Well when the the Lord God’s name is taken in vain it’s offensive to me and many others. Why saying GD ok but the N word cannot be used by white people but it’s ok for black people. Please explain that reasoning!

We are living in one crazy society where we could potentially destroy this country from within . Just like Communist leaders have said for years “we will bring down democracy without firing a single shot.”

I hope everyone will pray for the healing of this country before there is nothing to heal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do people continue to use the F word? The G-D word?

Jun 3, 2020, 8:42 AM

These are just as offensive to many people.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jun 3, 2020, 9:07 AM

My father used to say “you don’t have to understand. All you need to know is that it’s a word that is hurtful to other people and we are commanded as Christians to love our neighbor. We can’t say things that are hurtful to our neighbor.”

When people profess to be a Christian but try to justify use of that word, then I question if they really believe anything.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic