Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So now that the Dems have all 3 houses
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 540

So now that the Dems have all 3 houses

Jan 6, 2021, 9:12 AM

What do you think will get accomplished?

I think the first thing they do is $2000 stimulus.

After that I doubt they will do much of anything. To many internal forces in the party pulling different ways.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: So now that the Dems have all 3 houses

Jan 6, 2021, 9:14 AM

I suspect they will rent out 'all three houses,' to China and the taxpayers will pay the rent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will evicting the Russians be difficult?***

Jan 6, 2021, 10:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, not at all.

Jan 6, 2021, 11:11 AM

They failed to pay the rent. I'm guessing Russia's income took a good hit when America became energy independent and kept the cost of oil down across the globe. Being that Russia's main export is oil it must have put a dent in their bank account.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2021, 9:15 AM

Not much with the working margin they have.

Agree on passage of $2K checks.

Hopefully not much is done. Do we really need a ton of stuff done?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we're lucky, Scalito and Thomas will be replaced.

Jan 6, 2021, 9:22 AM

Biden's other appointments will be confirmed easily.

They maybe pass one big piece of legislation and I think they're more likely to attempt a healthcare bill rather than repealing the 2017 tax cuts.

That's all presuming the Dems actually take the Senate, which they haven't done yet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the personal cuts expire after 2025 anyway. Dems can sit on

Jan 6, 2021, 9:32 AM

their hands and let it happen, without being accused of raising taxes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah but the healthcare bill will be restructuring Obamacare

Jan 6, 2021, 9:35 AM [ in reply to If we're lucky, Scalito and Thomas will be replaced. ]

which was a disaster. Instead of going ahead and bringing us into the 21st century with UHC

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah but the healthcare bill will be restructuring Obamacare

Jan 6, 2021, 9:51 AM

Be careful what you wish for. The largest health care system in the US is the VA. I can assure you having trained as a medical student and resident partially in the VA system, that is loaded with inefficiency and lazy administrators and doctors(not all though). This system is run by our ever efficient federal government.LOL.

I'm a veteran, but I wouldn't step foot into a VA Hospital if I could avoid it.

The answer is complex, but I personally feel we as a country would be far better off to help provide for those who can't, not those who won't, and actually encourage market forces to improve what we have. Why not promote financial competition between doctors and hospitals which is nonexistent?

Americans are not used to being told what they can't have. With UHC will come rationing and a least common denominator product. The current health care system is not working, I agree, but if I were to develop cancer or coronary artery disease, I would't want to be in Canada, Germany, the UK and certainly not Cuba(Michael Moore.)

Saying UHC would be bad because the VA is bad is like saying

Jan 6, 2021, 9:58 AM

cars are bad because Ford made the Pinto. Maybe what we should do is overhaul the VA and then use that as a template for UHC.

Also we already ration healthcare. Here's an example:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-los-angeles-ambulance-transport-ems/

I don't know why anyone still has faith the government

Jan 6, 2021, 10:39 AM

can do anything more than blow stuff up.

Are military is probably the best in the world at killing people and destroying things.

Look at everything else the gov't does. Does anyone really think somehow they can improve healthcare?

So the government is competent enough to have

Jan 6, 2021, 10:40 AM

the world's best and most innovative military in the history of the planet

but it can't provide healthcare.... got it.

exactly.

Jan 6, 2021, 10:47 AM

We've been doing military for 250+ years. And we spend more than the next 3 countries combined on it.

But you think the same folks that haven't been able to look at my taxes in 5 months can get your gall bladder removed just as efficiently?

Not to mention, these same people clamoring for govt

Jan 6, 2021, 11:08 AM

healthcare always want to complain about the waste of the 'military industrial complex'. W TF do these people think will get put on steroids if govt gets further involved in healthcare?

It's like showing a child that a square peg cannot go in a round hole and they just refuse to believe it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saying UHC would be bad because the VA is bad is like saying

Jan 6, 2021, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Saying UHC would be bad because the VA is bad is like saying ]

I didn't say UHC is "bad". I just don't think it will prove to be efficient. COVID has forced CA to triage patients, but on a day to day basis here in the US, we don't ration care. A person is not denied a coronary bypass or dialysis based on age as is certainly done elsewhere.

The government is not in control of our food supply nor supplying automobiles. For that, I am thankful. Give me FedEX or UPS over the USPS. The government is in charge of the military as it has to be. However, there is huge inefficiency and waste of taxpayer dollars.

I agree that the current system is broken. I just disagree that more government intervention in health care is a better answer than promoting more market forces.

It doesn't matter though what I think. I think UHC is coming eventually. When it does, hopefully the woke politicians will allow those of us who can, to pursue private health care outside of the government product as is done in Germany, Sweden, the UK and elsewhere. However, I can see some say that that would be unfair to have some eat steak while others eat hamburger.

Re: Yeah but the healthcare bill will be restructuring Obamacare

Jan 6, 2021, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Yeah but the healthcare bill will be restructuring Obamacare ]

At least Medicare for all who want it. That idea is very popular with Americans across the board.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure it is. People love free chit.

Jan 6, 2021, 11:20 AM

Even if its chit.

Re: Sure it is. People love free chit.

Jan 6, 2021, 1:36 PM

That's democracy for ya'

Whoa there, champ.

Jan 6, 2021, 9:25 AM

Results are still being counted.

I'm hoping the $2k stimulus does not happen. It wasn't real to begin with; it was BS to screw with Trump, since it was his idea.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Jan 6, 2021, 9:41 AM

Beware of things that pass the House by the opposition party

Jan 6, 2021, 10:04 AM

Remember how Republicans repealed Obamacare like 57 times until they actually got control of Congress and then they blew it? It's easier to pass wish list legislation than bills that might actually become law.

I agree with this. There are so many great things the dems

Jan 6, 2021, 10:07 AM

can do. But I don't trust them not to #### it up

Jan 6, 2021, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: So now that the Dems have all 3 houses ]

They've tried to put the student debt thing in every bill and AOC was still talking about it the other day. That's their way of trying to further their stranglehold on the Millenial and Gen-Z votes. Who doesn't want "free" stuff?

Yes, I am thankful they never got that stranglehold on me. Government has permitted me to be blessed with massive student loan debt for the last 30 years.

(I'm actually not in favor of student loan forgiveness, but I fail to see how loan forgiveness is a stranglehold.)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

You're lucky you never fell under the government's spell.

Jan 6, 2021, 10:26 AM

The same can't be said for those unfortunate rich folks who are hopelessly dependent on tax cuts.

Jan 6, 2021, 9:55 AM

They will force Tobias to sleep with Muira. Muria of course will start supporting liberals based on that policy.

Jan 6, 2021, 10:13 AM

I suggest we refrain from discussing cohabitation with small farm animals

Jan 6, 2021, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: So now that the Dems have all 3 houses ]

Jesus, again !! Stop connecting me with that . . . whatever he is. Dammmitt !!

It is not a stimulus it is a 1 year tax cut

Jan 6, 2021, 10:13 AM

Amazon and Wal-Mart will do just find without the extra money spent. Nobody will be spending the money at the businesses that are closed down anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is not a stimulus it is a 1 year tax cut

Jan 6, 2021, 10:24 AM

Really hope they don’t get much changed. As a business owner it’s exhausting trying to plan with the constant threat of the rules changing. Heck it’s hard even with personal finances. But if they don’t make drastic changes they have lied to their base.

Jan 6, 2021, 10:36 AM

Shortly after the Inauguration they will begin either impeachment proceedings against Joe Biden (his part in his son's shenanigans) or seek to have him declared incompetent. Most likely the latter, as it will not have such a detrimental affect on the party. A priority for the dems will be to remove any semblance of moderation within the party.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 540
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic