Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will ND share equally their money from NBC with the ACC?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Will ND share equally their money from NBC with the ACC?

Jul 30, 2020, 1:19 PM

I think it’s great having ND in the ACC This year especially if they share their money with the ACC members.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will ND share equally their money from NBC with the ACC?

Jul 30, 2020, 1:22 PM

They are supposed to but I would imagine they also get a 15th of ACC revenue too. Or even a larger share given what an easy mark Swoff and the ACC are

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2020, 1:22 PM

That was the deal as I understood it. I don’t know why all the fuss. Every team in acc gets a share of their NBC revenue. It’s no different than them actually being a formal member. And it helps boost the conference if they do become a formal member in the future.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't know why all the fuss? First, the money will be a

Jul 30, 2020, 1:37 PM

net gain for them and a net loss for the other 14 by sharing each others money.

But this isn't about the money. It is much more than about the money and if you don't undrstand that, I don't have the time explain it.

Re: You don't know why all the fuss? First, the money will be a

Jul 30, 2020, 2:09 PM

I don’t see how Wake Forrest getting a cut of ND tv revenue could be a net loss for them. But hey I’m not an “expert” and I guess it would take eons to splain it sooooo ???????

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because Notre Dame is going to get a full share of the

Jul 30, 2020, 4:13 PM

ACC money. Once the ACC schools have to divide their ACC money by 15 instead of 14, they will probably lose more than they gained by getting the $1 million from Notre Dame.

Jul 30, 2020, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Will ND share equally their money from NBC with the ACC? ]

ND will never join the ACC in FB, and they are proving their point why they shouldn't by swaying the ACC to play nice with them. All of college FB conferences should enact a sound rule that conference will not play any independent schools in any conference related sports of any type. Do that and see how high and mighty ND and their fan base believe they are above all in conference sports!!! I really don't understand why this hasn't been a rule long before now. If they are to good to be a member of a conference, why allow them to pick and choose what sandbox they want to play in. With the way ND is allowed to pick and choose who and when they play a conference team, they should be 12-0 after every season, but they're not, and that's only bc they know that they would never get to play for a NC if they didn't play some known good teams, but they are picking those also, and some years it don't go as they had planned!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2020, 1:31 PM

I read somewhere that ND will put all of their home game NBC TV money in the pot with the ACC TV revenue to be split at the end of the season. I do not know if that will include their +1 out of conference game if they schedule one.

True or not? I don't know.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2020, 1:42 PM

They will play Navy, and I haven't heard how that money intake will be spit if it will, but I think our money made from playing the coots goes in the ACC bank!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2020, 1:58 PM

If Navy comes to play them at home. Also teams don't actually get revenue dependent on who watches the game. The contracts are already agreed to. The ACC gets 465+ million added to the ND 15 million and the ACC network bump. The TV providers are the only ones getting revenue from viewership.

null

Jul 30, 2020, 1:34 PM

Some will go to a nice retirement package.

A 1/15 sahre of their money is nothing. They will get much

Jul 30, 2020, 1:35 PM

more by getting a full share of ACC money. They will have a net gain in money, the other 14 will have a net loss.

Re: A 1/15 sahre of their money is nothing. They will get much

Jul 30, 2020, 1:42 PM

Yep they get $15M per year from NBC. ACC members get about $29M from this past year ESPN ACC network contract. It certainly makes sense for ND to join the ACC full time and play 8 games in conference then schedule 4 high profile out of conference games around the country. They could keep NBC contract for out of conference home games. They would make more money.

Jul 30, 2020, 2:02 PM

$15M plus the $6.5M usually shared by the ACC for other sports. So yes 21.5M vs 29M is a shortfall for ND currently. The ACC network will widen that gap and still lags 2-3 other conferences. The biggest benefit is the ability to negotiate more money for the conference with the addition of ND.

The SEC got $300 million for 15 games. Even the ACC could add $100M for ND's NBC contract and the thought of ND in the ACC championship might add another $25M.

Just realized it might also open up Orange bowl negotiations.

null

Jul 30, 2020, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: A 1/15 sahre of their money is nothing. They will get much ]

That $29 million per school is not just for TV revenue though. That is total revenue for all sports for the entire year. That includes bowl game payouts that are split as well, basketball, etc... So that's not really an accurate comparison, because ND would be sharing the $15 million TV revenue plus their bowl revenue which they will likely end in a bowl with a good payout.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic