Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Coach Swinney be remembered as an ATG
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Will Coach Swinney be remembered as an ATG

Mar 13, 2020, 8:45 AM

All-Time Great ?
He's won 7 ACC Championships including 6 in a row. He's gotten into the CFBP 5 straight years , played in 4 National Championship games and won 2 National Championships .
That's a tremendous record in CFB , and aside from Saban at Alabama he has no peer currently performing at such an outstanding level .
So I buy that he's a legend and a HOFer already , but if he sticks around CFB and he does similarly well over the next 10 years or so ... could he be talked about with the greatest of the greats in CFB head coaching lore ?

Thanks for reading and try not to touch your face until June .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I think he may already have reached that level.

Mar 13, 2020, 8:56 AM

The team would have to drop off a cliff and never recover for him to be seen as anything less.

Certainly if he continues on anything remotely close to this trajectory for 5 or 10 more years, it would be a hard argument against one of the the greatest of all time.

Disclaimer: I always hate these arguments over a single greatest of all time but I do think a list of the greats in no particular order is great.(i.e. when the talking heads compare Jordan and Lebron, I hate that because its trying to diminish the success of one or the other.)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he coaches long enough, almost certainly

Mar 13, 2020, 8:59 AM

He's already won as many titles as Bobby Bowden and Joe Paterno. What he's currently lacking is longevity. He has a long ways to go to reach the Saban/Bear level, but if he coaches another 15-20 years (and presumably keeps winning) he's going to be remembered somewhere among the all-time greats.

yes!***

Mar 13, 2020, 9:03 AM

already done enough. Probably all time top 10 coaches***

Mar 13, 2020, 9:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: already done enough. Probably all time top 10 coaches***

Mar 13, 2020, 9:31 AM

Already Top 10 in your opinion ?
I won't argue , just based on high ended results of the last 6 years or so .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Will Coach Swinney be remembered as an ATG

Mar 13, 2020, 9:21 AM

I agree. He is and will be an ATG.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2020, 9:24 AM

Already there in my mind. Everybody will agree in 10 years.

Mar 13, 2020, 9:26 AM

All you have to do is see how the fans of other teams are starting to hate him.

Sure sign.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2020, 9:29 AM

That's a very good point . Also how his " schedule/conference affiliation " are always used to try and lessen what he's doing .

DB23

Mar 13, 2020, 9:57 AM

I think his ticket to the HOF has already been punched.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree that Dabo is already a Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2020, 10:34 AM

...and at this point, he is just adding to his legacy.

If the next decade even remotely resembles the last it's safe to assume that he'll go down as one of the, if not the most successful coach in College Football History.

This will, of course, cement Clemson as a "Blue Blood".

What Dabo is accomplishing at Clemson won't wipe off.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope so. Too many people diminish his qualities.

Mar 13, 2020, 10:53 AM

Little ole Clemson
We win because we play nobody
It's the coordinators. Dabo's just a cheerleader
SEC SEC

Dabo is already a legend for Clemson eternity. If Clemson keeps up this level of success for another 5+ years, then he must be an ATG.

The best is yet to come.

Re: I hope so. Too many people diminish his qualities.

Mar 13, 2020, 12:05 PM

I wonder what anyone who are not Tiger fans or alums would say about it .

Any Dawg or Coot fans want to put in on this ?

DB23

Mar 13, 2020, 12:08 PM

1 more National Championship would put him in a tie with a bunch of coaches for 7th on the all time list of most national titles. I think that would be required to be considered top 10.

As has been stated above, it seems he's at the threshold of having accomplished enough to be in the conversation, the main thing that is missing right now is longevity.

Undoubtedly***

Mar 13, 2020, 5:39 PM

Re: Undoubtedly***

Mar 13, 2020, 8:23 PM

I agree with his status as being at the very top currently , but in terms of lasting for a longer time and being successful at the same level there has been only a small number do that .
He's near .

DB23

Re: Undoubtedly***

Mar 13, 2020, 8:30 PM

What Dabo has over many other coaches is he took a program with not a lot of history of success and made it a dynasty who beat Alabama who was also a dynasty. That counts for a lot!

He's won 6 ACC Titles, including 5 in a row***

Mar 14, 2020, 12:54 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic