Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will COVID = the end of the NCAA?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,009

Will COVID = the end of the NCAA?

Aug 21, 2020, 12:32 AM

Honest question about the NCAA as a “oversight organization”. The NCAA was not even granted power to create protocols for those teams that decide to play. What a joke they have become. This “governing” organization is dead. Why do universities give them jurisdiction over some things and not others. Makes no sense.

It is also a failure of leadership at the university levels that the power 5 conferences etc could not come up with a plan to play out of conference if said team did decide to play and could.

So it is safer for SC to fly and play how many teams as opposed to taking a bus to play in Clemson? Really? Maybe the better plan would have been to have the teams try to play others within driving distances and create temporary conferences for the year to limit flying exposure. Clemson, UGA, GT, SC, UNC, NC State, Duke, Wake, Tenn, Auburn, and Alabama for example. All are drivable. Figure out the money for a year in the best interest for the students and the sport.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will COVID = the end of the NCAA?

Aug 21, 2020, 7:20 AM

The NCAA is practically dead anyway.Time for them to pack it up,and let the 5 Power Conferences form a committee to over see College football.
Of course the smaller conferences,the Mid -Majors will have a voice in determining things going forward,but for issues dealing with the CFP scenarios,that would be in the hands of the Power -5.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will COVID = the end of the NCAA?

Aug 21, 2020, 7:51 AM

College sports has gotten like the US too much government. Too many swamp creatures.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly I'd be less worried about the NCAA

Aug 21, 2020, 8:10 AM

And more about college sports in general. There's a reason IPTAY's suggesting in strongest possible terms that donors allow them to hold on to our cash for an extra year. And we're one of the best-placed teams in the country, financially speaking.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honestly I'd be less worried about the NCAA

Aug 21, 2020, 10:07 AM

That would be fine with me if the NCAA went away. After they allowed UNC to get away with their cheating which was on a grand scale, what is the use of their "oversight." Additionally, without March Madness again, the NCAA would be effectively gutted from a financial standpoint. The 2019 March Madness tournament generated almost $1 billion for the NCAA. Hopefully we have college basketball though this season!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the NCAA ONLY deals with the eligibility of

Aug 21, 2020, 10:10 AM

Student athletes to participate in sports.

They are not the Congress of college.

The commissioners and presidents have the authority you describe.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: the NCAA ONLY deals with the eligibility of

Aug 21, 2020, 10:19 AM

In that case, the Universities need to develop a more cohesive legislative body. Maybe limit the “cooks in the kitchen.”

There was no reason that the same protocols could not be enacted across the power 5 for teams within close proximity could not play each other despite different conferences.

I get it if you completely shut down the season, but if you as a conference decide to play then just go ahead and play teams that have the exact protocols you do regardless of conference.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,009
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic