Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wife got 2nd Vac shot Tues and went to the hospital Tue
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Wife got 2nd Vac shot Tues and went to the hospital Tue

Jan 28, 2021, 7:50 PM

night in an ambulance. She got really sick blood pressure bottomed out and she almost passed out completely. She was barely conscience.

She was doing better today and hope she will come home tomorrow. She had a few other conditions that were going on at the same time, infected tooth, ulcers maybe from the tooth and large does of ibuprofen and tylenol and the 2nd day they found pneumonia too and a small heart murmur today but the cardiologist didn't think it was really related, but the rest could have contributed to it.

It was probably a combination of things that just happened at the same time. That seems to be the general consensus from all the doctors. She was sick for about 3 days from the first shot too, but nothing at all like this. The doctors all have said they are seeing a lot of sick people from the covid shots. One of them said he was pretty sick from the 2nd shot for a few days and the PA with him said she was pretty sick for a day too. They were both young 40's maybe.

She got the pfizer shot, the docs seemed to think it made people sicker than the moderna shot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How old are you guys?***

Jan 28, 2021, 7:51 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

she is 51, I'm 58

Jan 28, 2021, 7:55 PM

I'm still getting a vaccine as soon as I am able to. I'd rather get sick a few days than take my chances with covid. I don't do well when I get sick, but I don't have an underlying conditions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is she a health care worker?

Jan 28, 2021, 8:00 PM

Hope she is well soon!

yes, she treats covid patients that's why she got vaccinated

Jan 28, 2021, 8:14 PM

so early

Good, hope all goes well!***

Jan 28, 2021, 8:18 PM

The vaccines are supposed to illicit an immune response

Jan 28, 2021, 8:02 PM

so it seems possible/likely that you can feel "sick" for a day or two after getting the shots.

That said, I'm sorry to hear about your wife. That sounds scary and I hope she'll be okay.

doh! "elicit"***

Jan 28, 2021, 8:04 PM

Re: The vaccines are supposed to illicit an immune response

Jan 28, 2021, 9:52 PM [ in reply to The vaccines are supposed to illicit an immune response ]

BP dropping, LOC and hospitalizations signify a major allergic reaction. I agree that a mild reaction does happen with some vaccinations, as the vaccine is simply an attenuated virus which is supposed to produce such a reaction. Hope she's OK soon.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I should clarify that I wasn't referring to her reaction

Jan 28, 2021, 10:57 PM

just to the idea OP later mentioned about the doctors saying they've seen/heard lots of people getting sick from the vaccine. That having sick-like symptoms is supposed to be pretty normal. But his wife's reaction, certainly, is atypical and might point to an allergic reaction. Scary situation for sure.

Re: Wife got 2nd Vac shot Tues and went to the hospital Tue

Jan 28, 2021, 8:03 PM

Good info...and hope your wife recovers well.

Scary stuff, and you're not the first person I've heard saying there's still some bugs to work out in that vaccine. Granted the need was pressing...but this is also what happens when something gets rushed into production so fast, too.

Thoughts and prayers. Truly.

Jan 28, 2021, 8:07 PM

Hope your wife continues to recover. My wife and I will get the vaccine but we will be the last 2 on earth in line.

Dang, hope she fully recovers quickly. My GF's mom is 90 and

Jan 28, 2021, 8:12 PM

had a reaction from shot #2... arm soreness and rash, felt like crap for a couple days, etc. But nothing as serious as you're describing. As you said, probably a combo of things.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Jan 28, 2021, 8:19 PM

here is an article that I found

Jan 28, 2021, 8:28 PM

My wife had the same symptoms, upset stomach and difficultly breathing. But she has continuouly gotten better. It's only been 48 hours but is seems like forever ago. She had stomach issues the night before she took the 2nd vaccine.

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/01/26/health-care-worker-dies-after-second-dose-of-covid-vaccine-investigations-underway/

Re: here is an article that I found

Jan 28, 2021, 8:40 PM

Hope she continues to recover. My son had is second this week (moderna I believe). No symptoms. My in-laws got first shot with zero symptoms (moderna).

My wife got really sick with that darn shingles vaccine shot. The first one was much worse than second. I have yet to get it.

Prayers for full recovery.

Jan 28, 2021, 8:39 PM

Wife got 1st shot Tuesday- sore arm for about a day and a half.

Son and DIL no issue with first shot. Both health care professionals.

Second shot seems to create more significant side effects. Will keep fingers crossed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not 100% sure having the covid would be as bad

Jan 28, 2021, 11:27 PM

as the second shot. Problem is, with the 'rona there's no way to tell if you'll just have flu like symptoms, or you end up in the hospital.

As more people get the vaccine, i expect to see a lot more tales of how bad it is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic