Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
They're contradicting themselves now.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 489

They're contradicting themselves now.

Jan 10, 2021, 4:21 PM

So Pelosi said they must impeach him asap as he's a danger to the country for the next what... 10 days. But now they say they'll wait until he's out of office 100 days? Well, so much for the alarmism to force something that won't get him out a day earlier anyway.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/10/politics/james-clyburn-impeachment-senate-trial-biden-cnntv/index.html

This may prevent a second run in 2024 maybe. But otherwise....whats the point?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I think

Jan 10, 2021, 4:32 PM

They realize the nutjobs would go haywire if it was done in the next 10 days. Now that his voice has been quelled he is much less a threat. The impeachment would be to prevent him running again. Not sure if it would also take away some of his lifetime benefits of being an ex president. Secret Service and others.

100 days from now things will have calmed down some.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They're contradicting themselves now.

Jan 10, 2021, 4:32 PM

Yeah, there's two different ideas there. If it's an emergency, then they have to get things moving now.

There are reasons to do it even if it can't get done by the 20th, but the idea of an emergency is not one of them. In fact, as far as short-term goals, impeachment is a bad idea. It's an undemocratic weapon that will provides fuel for Trump's conspiracy-theory-addled followers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Or maybe different Democrats have different opinions.

Jan 10, 2021, 4:55 PM

Also they may not have a choice since the Senate wouldn't be able to begin an impeachment trial until the 19th, making it all but impossible to remove Trump.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 4:58 PM

I think she realizes it isn't going to happen while he's still in office, but if she starts it now it keeps him in line until he's out.

Basically Pence is doing the same. It's basically like holding somebody at gunpoint with an old flintlock gun. It only works as a threat until you fire it - and if you fire it, you'd durn well better be sure you do not miss. You get one shot and only one.

Pence seemingly didn't think he'd get Trump with the 25th...but then leaked to the press it's still on the table, so the threat to Trump remains. I actually think it's the right option, especially if Pence isn't sure it'd work...and I suspect he knows it probably wouldn't unless Trump tries something else before the 20th.

Pelosi seems to be doing the same.

Again, much as I'd like to see the guy booted off the White House lawn and deposited on the sidewalk like I used to do to sloppy drunks trying to pick fights, it's probably the wisest option. Checkmate him by filing the paperwork...and wait his term out.

Then impeach. Probably the best option unless Trump forces their hands.

Jan 10, 2021, 4:59 PM

Jan 10, 2021, 5:11 PM

Tiggity,

Like many people, when they felt threatened they responded emotionally. Now, cooler heads are prevailing and they are reconsidering their priorities. better to spend your political capital on meaningful Covid and stimulus legislation - stuff the country really needs NOW !

It also occurs to me that if they wait and let things cool down, they might get more Republican support - keep Trump from running again AND not face quite so much backlash from his base.

Jan 10, 2021, 6:57 PM

LMAO. Are the Dems that scared of Trump (running again)? He's still, and will continue, living rent free in your heads, which is beyond satisfying for us conservatives. TYVM

And his base is more energized than ever! He ain't going anywhere.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Re: They're contradicting themselves now. ]

Hey Toby, you're still alive! And retired!

It would seem to follow that you could spare a bit of time to get your butt embarrassed by me in a debate. Why don't you just accept my challenge and get it over with? Then you can move on without me living in your head, eh? However, I note that Logic isn't your strong suit. HNY

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 5:29 PM

Since the trial in the Senate won't take place until 1PM on Jan 20th I don't expect the house to have any power to force Trump out of office a minute sooner.

I see fear from the establishment in their words, fear perhaps that Trump will declassify things the intelligence community has on all them. I hope he rocks their world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 5:44 PM

I don't think he really wants to go there.

Imagine what the intelligence services have on him.

Don’t tell Clyburn or Pelosi, but

Jan 10, 2021, 5:48 PM

You can’t impeach someone that doesn’t hold office.

I would say it’s probably in Trumps best interest to proactively pardon himself and his family with these nut jobs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would trump stay in office at this point?

Jan 10, 2021, 5:58 PM

Only more shame and destruction of the pubs if he remains.

Replies: 12
| visibility 489
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic